Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Has anyone successfully gotten an OEM windshield?

Cadillac CT4-V model

windman11

Have a Ct4v Blackwing that got windshield damage from a storm, and needs a new windshield. It's been ~4-5 weeks since the insurance claim and trying to get the windshield. Originally had Safelite do it, but they messed up the windshield order and then said there was no ETA on one. Then transferred the work to a well reviewed local shop who said they could get it in 3-6 business days. Its been about more than double that, and they now say they don't know when it will get in.

Is there still supply shortages impacting this? I've never had this much trouble getting a windshield for a car before. Or is there a way to reach out to GM or someone who would actually be able to source one?

Just had my 5V BW done yesterday. Took Safelite 3 days to get the glass in. Tech did a good job installing it, definitely wasn’t a “car guy” and got my sky cool Gray leather dirty in a few spots but luckily was easily cleaned up. OEM glass btw

Good luck. I’m running on 3 months waiting for them to ship me a replacement grill. God forbid anyone gets into any minor damage, it’s like these parts are coming from Maranello.

Is it the heads up display compatible windshield that’s hard to get?

About a year ago, before I sold my 4BW, I cracked my windshield on a trip from Vegas to SoCal. Took about a week to get an OEM windshield from the warehouse in Arizona.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back