Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Sirius XM PSA

BimmerFan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V BW 6spd
We have four cars, all have XM radio and so about every month or so, one of the cars has an expiring account and I have to call Sirius and threaten to cancel unless they give me the introductory rate. I ain't payin' $20/month for low fidelity music.

I did it this morning for the wife's car, and the helpful lady said that since I have been a valued customer for so long, and that they are well aware of what I do every six months, they now offer a special rate of $10 (including all taxes and fees) per month, which will not expire and will remain that rate until they raise it. The introductory rates are usually around $6 plus tax and fees (royalty fees, etc.) so it's only a little bit more.

So for those of you who have cancelled, or planning to let the trial expire, there is now a reasonable option.

....which will not expire and will remain that rate until they raise it.
...hmm, like after 3 months? :cool:

My wife does the same thing for our accounts. Honestly I don't even know why I maintain XM, I can never find a channel to plays good songs consistently, not to mention the signal compression.

I called when my trail ended. They offered $9 a month for 12 months or the "$10 forever until we raise the price"...Huh? What?

I said no. Then they found the $6 a month for 12 months plan. I signed up.

A few weeks later I got a flyer in the mail for either $4 or $5 a month for 12 months.

Don't jump in too fast. The deals are always changing, and the stuff in the mail will come two or three weeks after you "turn it off"

My most recent email was offering either 4 or 5 bucks per month. Back in the day, prior to Howard Stern joining the platform, they offered a $500 lifetime membership that I bought into. Bastards took it away after the XM merge.

My most recent email was offering either 4 or 5 bucks per month. Back in the day, prior to Howard Stern joining the platform, they offered a $500 lifetime membership that I bought into. Bastards took it away after the XM merge.
And didn't that include the radio? Back in those days I was driving A LOT. I almost jumped on that deal, especially since I was burning thru radios every 10-12 months. Sirius isn't what it used to be. Of course, what is?

Just call and tell them you saw the $99 for 3-year subscription. I think there was even a $149 for 5-year one, too. Have it active on my 2010 CTS Wagon. Links to my phone's app and then you can use CarPlay to listen through the app.

And didn't that include the radio? Back in those days I was driving A LOT. I almost jumped on that deal, especially since I was burning thru radios every 10-12 months. Sirius isn't what it used to be. Of course, what is?
I don't recall it including the radio. At the time I was driving an Evo VIII with an Alpine HU and the sat receiver was like a small box I had to hide in the trunk. The antenna rested on my dash.

...hmm, like after 3 months? :cool:

I don't even know why I maintain XM, I can never find a channel to plays good songs consistently, not to mention the signal compression.
I have a good reason to have it in my Jeep, no cell coverage where I take it and the stereo system is so lousy that good quality audio source won’t make a difference. I have a virtual CC I use and set it to expire before my $5/mo rate expires. They actually won’t cut off the service even after the payment gets rejected. But, I call and say I want to cancel and all is good again at $5/mo.

In the Blackwing it’s Tidal or Pandora. Never had a SiriusXM subscription. During the trial period I tried to listen to it, but it sounded horrible.

I've also been successful negotiating the $6/mo deal via chat.

I just received a Sirius XM offer in the mail for $3 per month for 3 years. Billed monthly.
siriusxm.com/getpromo18

I cancelled my subscription in my Challenger because I have the bluetooth with my Pandora and Spotify ......and I have a CD player with my own favorites on disc.
Sirius keeps sending me offers to try and get me back. Last year 2023 I paid almost $750 bucks for my 3 other cars with the subscription. I do believe its time to renegotiate. My 5BW sits in the storage garage from Nov-April and I don't even hardly use XM when I'm driving. My Dad always said....."a fool and their money are soon parted".

I never thought I would be paying 2$ for a bottle of water either.

The 3$ offer is only if I renew my Challenger subscription. My other 3 cars are from 19$-26$ per month. I should just cancel the 3 cars and let it go (since I don't really use it often) and then wait for the "please come back" lower monthly offers.

I locked in $4 a month for my blackwing and wife's new Pilot a few months ago (for 12 months). So with taxes and such it comes out to $10 per month for both cars.

So current plan renews on April 3 and my renewal letter said it would be $23/month (Music & Entertainment plan). Currently paying $7/month for last 12 months on whatever promo I got at the time. I just did an online chat with their chatbot, and I quickly cut to the chase and said $23/mo was too much for renewal. I asked for the $3/mo deal but the chatbot said it wasn't currently available for my car. I was about to settle and just ask to renew me at the same $7 rate. But it came back with $5/mo rate instead. So I just took it. Helluva a lot better than $23/mo.

Less than 5 mins. I'll take that as a win, especially not needing to go through the hassle of canceling and then waiting for "we want you back letter".

I just received a Sirius XM offer in the mail for $3 per month for 3 years. Billed monthly.
siriusxm.com/getpromo18
That is a deal. The fine print says that it only applies to inactive radios, so I guess next time I need to stand firm, cancel the plan, wait a couple of days and then add it back.

I have four cars on different renewal schedules, this is almost as annoying as dealing with my cellular provider.

My take on this: If enough people played the "cancel game", maybe, just maybe, they would be forced to lower their prices permanently. I finally got tired of having to jump threw the hoops to get the price they should be charging in the first place. Then the real kicker was trying to cancel. They wouldn't take no for an answer. No matter what I said, it took 15 minutes before they finally cancelled my subscription.

My take on this: If enough people played the "cancel game", maybe, just maybe, they would be forced to lower their prices permanently. I finally got tired of having to jump threw the hoops to get the price they should be charging in the first place. Then the real kicker was trying to cancel. They wouldn't take no for an answer. No matter what I said, it took 15 minutes before they finally cancelled my subscription.
This is what I remember from my prior car and wanted to avoid. I'll suck up the extra $2 I'm paying per month for the 5 min chat I had for renewal. Still way better than $23 / month. Wonder how many people just let it renew at the higher rate. Must be a lot to offset a 70-80% discount for others who call/cancel.

Just got a 73% monthly decrease with XM chat because of this thread. Hats off to the V community! Guess I will have to do the yearly dance, but that's ok. I just should have done it sooner, LOL.

Thanks @BimmerFan

Last edited:
Pro tip: The time saver is using a virtual CC. It avoids the rate hike and serves as an automatic reminder when the payment gets declined. They only bank I’ve found any more that offers this feature is Citi.

Pro tip: The time saver is using a virtual CC. It avoids the rate hike and serves as an automatic reminder when the payment gets declined. They only bank I’ve found any more that offers this feature is Citi.
Capital One has it as well and I use it just for that reason but also so for when one of these sites gets hacked, I don't have to go and cancel my physical credit card and update every site with a new card number

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back