Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Hand Built Engines

CT5-V Model

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
So just in case anyone is wondering why I haven't mentioned that the engine going into a CT5-V Blackwing is hand Built, is because I assumed (maybe wrongfully) that it was common knowledge.

I see all these other blogs making major headlines with it, and I'm actually laughing at their ridiculousness.

The CT5-V Blackwing engine is the same LT4 engine that went into the C7 Corvette Z06, all of which are hand Built by one tech at the Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant...since 2015.

To me, it's not breaking news, but apparently, the shortage of clickbait with all the other rags, knows no boundaries.

While, I pay a monthly fee for the server that this website is hosted on, I will not post the same BS that everyone else is posting just for the sake of clickbait, and to make money off of ads.

Just wanted to get that off my chest, because I'm amazed at how some of these blogs can turn something into major news, that really isn't.

I appreciate that, its hard to sift through these genetic press type articles to find real novel information for anyone who knows a bit about V series vehicles. For instance, a lot of other features in these cars such as no lift shift, rear dif, etc. were already in the previous cts v and ats v.

I want to get information on how these new cars are improved from the previous models, it doesn't seem the engines or transmissions are significantly different. Between f80 vs g80 m3, the g80 is clearly a new generation with the new s58 engine, and other differences they have pointed out in their marketing. What makes the ct4 v BW a new generation vs a face-lift of the ATS v?

I appreciate that, its hard to sift through these genetic press type articles to find real novel information for anyone who knows a bit about V series vehicles. For instance, a lot of other features in these cars such as no lift shift were already in the previous cts v and ats v.

I want to get information on how these new cars are improved from the previous models, it doesn't seem the engines or transmissions are significantly different. Between f80 vs g80 m3, the g80 is clearly a new generation with the new s58 engine, and other differences they have pointed out in their marketing. What makes the ct4 v BW a new generation vs a face-lift of the ATS v?
Exactly. In this day and age where we all tend to suffer from information overload, I have always tried to run my websites with integrity through valuable information. I do everything I can to utilize the resources and connections I have to bring that information here, so that hopefully in the long run, it adds to the overall experience of buying and enjoying a V-Series Cadillac.

I refuse to just regurgitate the same bullshit that everyone else is just for the sake of clicks.

Exactly. In this day and age where we all tend to suffer from information overload, I have always tried to run my websites with integrity through valuable information. I do everything I can to utilize the resources and connections I have to bring that information here, so that hopefully in the long run, it adds to the overall experience of buying and enjoying a V-Series Cadillac.

I refuse to just regurgitate the same bullshit that everyone else is just for the sake of clicks.
I enjoy the forum and your info, I talked to my sales guy a month ago and he said that I have information sometimes before he does...I've given him info to tell other buyers about the Blackwing.... Keep up the great work your doing!

I didn’t necessarily know about the engine being built by a single builder, or the build plaque. But, I also don’t care a ton about it tbh. Kinda cool, hopefully good for the “collector”aspect.
I have mentioned it to friends and family though (non car people) and they think it’s pretty cool and special.

Reactions: Rob
@Rob was this also the case for the V3? I remember reading about it for the Z06, but don't recall if it applied to the CTS-V or not

@Rob was this also the case for the V3? I remember reading about it for the Z06, but don't recall if it applied to the CTS-V or not
I'm not 100% sure as the cooling system on the V3 LT4 was different which was the HP and torque were slightly down from the Z06.

I'm almost positive that all LT4 engines were/are hand-built by a single technician and a name plate of that technician affixed to the engine regardless of whether it was a Corvette, Camaro or Cadillac.

So true Rob.
I'm not 100% sure as the cooling system on the V3 LT4 was different which was the HP and torque were slightly down from the Z06.

I'm almost positive that all LT4 engines were/are hand-built by a single technician and a name plate of that technician affixed to the engine regardless of whether it was a Corvette, Camaro or Cadillac.
ZL1 Camaros which started with the 2017 model year and use the LT4 did not have the name plates initially. I’m not exactly sure when they started to receive them. Mine is a very early 2018 model year car and it does not have it.

my Z doesn't have a name plate as well...its a 2017 though

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners