Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Gas guzzler tax

Drozboyz

Seasoned Member
Thought i saw a discussion of this but cant find it. In regards to gas guzzler tax for the 5 , has it been determined yet what the combined city/ hwy mileage will be? On my recently sold 2019 corvette z06 , the combined city / highway was 21 mpg , which should have been a candidate for the guzzler tax of min 22.5 mpg set by the epa. But i was not charged a guzzler tax.... curious why the epa has not published a list of cars that will have to pay a guzzler tax since 2016 and would love to find out these mpg ratings for the 5 as the tax can ne anywhere from $1000 - $7000 Any thoughts here?

My dealer said it will probably be around what the CTS-V was, and I can't remember if that was $2100 or $2200....I would think as soon as Cadillac releases the MPG numbers we will know..I paid $1300 on my 2017 Chevy SS Sedan...

FWIW, I just checked the Monroney for my ‘18 V, it was $1000.

FWIW, I just checked the Monroney for my ‘18 V, it was $1000.
Thought i saw a discussion of this but cant find it. In regards to gas guzzler tax for the 5 , has it been determined yet what the combined city/ hwy mileage will be? On my recently sold 2019 corvette z06 , the combined city / highway was 21 mpg , which should have been a candidate for the guzzler tax of min 22.5 mpg set by the epa. But i was not charged a guzzler tax.... curious why the epa has not published a list of cars that will have to pay a guzzler tax since 2016 and would love to find out these mpg ratings for the 5 as the tax can ne anywhere from $1000 - $7000 Any thoughts here?
I checked my mistake my vette was 17 combined highway/ city and i did not pay a gas guzzler tax.... why?

GM Authority supposed has the fuel economy figures from a few weeks ago:

1626907336834.png

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing Fuel Economy Announced

And to add more strange-ness to the gas guzzler tax debate, my dealer sent me over a signed invoice (based off the MSRP in the system. It could change a bit when the final invoice comes from GM, but unlikely), and the state and local taxes worked out to ~$6200 (Idaho is 6% sales tax, which means there isn't a gas guzzler tax in there). I asked the dealer about gas guzzler last week and they said it 'wasn't being flagged in the system'. So. Idk.

Bumping this thread back up. For those who have taken delivery, can you opine on whether your dealer tacked on the gas guzzler tax on top of MSRP?

Bumping this thread back up. For those who have taken delivery, can you opine on whether your dealer tacked on the gas guzzler tax on top of MSRP?
I believe it is included in the Msrp.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners