Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

My BlackWing has been relieved of its duties...

I’m a little slow, and it’s late here…so apologies for the dumb question, but don’t you have to pay insurance on the EV? How is that free?
As explained, my insurance wouldn't allow the BlackWing a collectors policy without another daily. So the Blackwing went from $2100 a year to $350. The EV is $1700.

Grundy quoted me $1,236/year for $100,000.

That's almost exactly what I pay for State Farm, but obviously SF is not committed to a specific value. I'll probably stick with it though.

Grundy quoted me $1,236/year for $100,000.

That's almost exactly what I pay for State Farm, but obviously SF is not committed to a specific value. I'll probably stick with it though.
$350 a yr for $68k here.

I'm looking at Grundy now and they are saying you can only use it to drive to work at most once to month if the car is on their collector's policy

So a question on collectors policy- If the car is primarily a weekend toy(6000 miles in 18 months) and I have no commute and I have another daily is a collector policy a good idea? How many miles do they allow/

So a question on collectors policy- If the car is primarily a weekend toy(6000 miles in 18 months) and I have no commute and I have another daily is a collector policy a good idea? How many miles do they allow/
It depends on who you get a quote from. For me, it's great.

It depends on who you get a quote from. For me, it's great.
Would be great if you can clarify a few things.
  1. How many miles are you allowed to do a year and is there any restrictions on when it can be driven? (I remember when I looked up this it could only be driven from home to car shows)
  2. I am presuming your regular cars are on another policy and only the blackwing is on the collector policy.
  3. Any recos for collector policy companies- I gather Grundy's Hagerty etc. But are there anything else?
  4. Overall is there any gotcha if I go the collector car insurance route.

Would be great if you can clarify a few things.
  1. How many miles are you allowed to do a year and is there any restrictions on when it can be driven? (I remember when I looked up this it could only be driven from home to car shows)
  2. I am presuming your regular cars are on another policy and only the blackwing is on the collector policy.
  3. Any recos for collector policy companies- I gather Grundy's Hagerty etc. But are there anything else?
  4. Overall is there any gotcha if I go the collector car insurance route.
No mileage restrictions. It can't be used as my work commuter.

All cars are under the Grundy MVP program.

I've been happy with Grundy. HAGERTY won't do the dailies and has gotten pricey .

No gotchas in my 10+yrs.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners