Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Gas Guzzler Tax Added to Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
Cadillac Dealers,

Please be advised of important details regarding the addition of a Gas Guzzler Tax to CT5-V Blackwing vehicles.

OVERVIEW
As of Friday, July 21, the 2023 CT5-V Blackwing has added a Gas Guzzler Tax (R8E) adding either $1,700 tax for Automatic Transmission (MHX) or $2,100 tax for Manual Transmission (MJK). The Gas Guzzler tax is a pass-thru tax that GM collects from dealers/customers and pays to the government. There is no change to the content of the vehicle, or the specifications and performance of the 6.2L Supercharged V8 engine (LT4).

IMPACTS
Current 23MY CT5-V Blackwing vehicles still in dealer stock will be immediately impacted and new price labels / invoices will be provided to dealers. 24MY CT5-V Blackwing orders will contain Gas Guzzler Tax.

Previously sold CT5-V Blackwings will NOT have this tax incurred direct to customers.

Sincerely,

Cadillac

The gas guzzler tax is just another way this vicious government continues to destroy our lives. What a shame.
When I lived in Oregon, it was comical because the vehicle registration fee for a Gas Guzzler was 20% the cost of the registration fee for an Electric Vehicle. They were basically trying to offset all the money they were losing from the state's tax on gasoline by charging a 4x premium for vehicle registration every 2 years. With the Govt, everything's a scheme to get more money

Well it's a good thing that carbon splitter is backordered, looks like I'll need that $2,000 for this lol

When I purchased my IS350 back in like 2016 I was hit by this tax. I was genuinely surprised not seeing it when I purchased my 4BW last year. Just counting my blessing with my ride.

I was also surprised there was no gas guzzler tax on my Blackwing but didn't really think much of it.

Funny how they can tax them now but my Wrangler 392 is exempt because "SUV". In my opinion thats the most ridiculous thing about gas guzzler taxes. You pay them on sports cars and sedans and SUVs and trucks are exempt, make it make sense.

They should pay me to buy a sport sedan or sports car over the SUV because I'll use less fuel then the SUV.

This isn't news!! I paid $1,700 gas guzzler tax on my '22 5 BW A10. Same number now as then.
It's news released to dealers today. I'm just passing it on here

I like fun cars so I've been paying GGT for years, including on my 5BW in February.

This isn't news!! I paid $1,700 gas guzzler tax on my '22 5 BW A10. Same number now as then.
I didn’t pay it on my 23 5VBW M6

When I purchased my IS350 back in like 2016 I was hit by this tax. I was genuinely surprised not seeing it when I purchased my 4BW last year. Just counting my blessing with my ride.
The IS350 didn't have a gas guzzler tax. The mpg is 20 city and 28 highway.

it’s listed on the window sticker on the bottom left for my 22 5BW 6M, $2100. As mentioned previously it’s a pass through tax added to the base price.

The IS350 didn't have a gas guzzler tax. The mpg is 20 city and 28 highway.

This could be true. I guess the used car dealer that sold me my car just pocketed this so called tax he added on to total. Oh well...

I didn’t pay it on my 23 5VBW M6
Do you have your window sticker? It's not listed anywhere in the top section with all the pricing, it's down in the box in the lower left where it talks about fuel economy. It doesn't look like it's a new charge.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 11.22.50 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 11.22.50 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 89
I thought it was already included in the price (and shown like on the sticker above). The gov't is not going to miss an opportunity to get that money.

I can't remember and maybe @Rob can help with this, but can the dealer pay this or they can pass it to customer??

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back