Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Front plate

RWickens

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4 V Blackwing
So I have a 22 CT4V Blackwing that I just picked up and it has never had a front plate. Unfortunately in Missouri I have to show front plates, thinking about Sto & Show or one that threads into the Tow Hook spot. If you have a front plate how have you done it without having to drill holes into the front facia, extra points for pictures.

Disregard the question, I am rather new to Forums and it didn't cross my mind to do a search. Thanks Steelwing for the link.

I just ordered this: https://www.slybrackets.com/store/S...C-CT4-WITH-MESH-STYLE-LOWER-GRILLE-p566058593

I'm in Virginia which requires a front plate but bought the cart in Georgia where they do not and they didn't have one on the car, Frankly looks much better without one but what can you do. Like you I'd rather not drill if I don't have to.

My son has one of those toe hitch plates on his G86....its always loose and vertical or cocked....never straight...always needs tightening...maybe thats not typical but thats my only experience with this sort of thing.

I just ordered this: https://www.slybrackets.com/store/S...C-CT4-WITH-MESH-STYLE-LOWER-GRILLE-p566058593

I'm in Virginia which requires a front plate but bought the cart in Georgia where they do not and they didn't have one on the car, Frankly looks much better without one but what can you do. Like you I'd rather not drill if I don't have to.

My son has one of those toe hitch plates on his G86....its always loose and vertical or cocked....never straight...always needs tightening...maybe thats not typical but thats my only experience with this sort of thing.
This is what I'd recommend as well. I had a slybracket on my old C63 and it worked great with the lower mesh grille.

I also recommend the sly bracket.

But I didn't like how it was all mounted from essentially one fulcrum point on the horizontal plane. Probably not an issue since nobody has any problems with it, but I didn't want any angular torque on my grille from wind pushing the top half of the plate back towards the bumper. So I printed a spacer to go on the top edge to provide some torque relief. Attached with a tiny bit of paint safe mounting tape. I can share the 3d model if anyone else wants to try it.

Attachments

• P_20230520_121525.jpg
    P_20230520_121525.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 44
I'm glad to hear everyone is happy with the Sly Bracket. I just ordered it after doing a search and liking what I saw so good to know.

Lithoss I may take you up on your offer of a printable spacer but I possibly will just be able to to the same with some foam and tape. Great thinking.

My license plate bracket is perfect. The front license plate sits under the driver's side rear seat carpet.

Odds of getting stopped are slim and if I do, I can whine about engine cooling or play retired military. Unlikely I'll get a ticket in TX.

If forced to mount it, the Sly bracket looks like a good one. Don

Sorry to hear so many people are putting front plates on.

At least I'm thankful we didn't get the Corvette-style front end that's totally designed around the hideous license plate.

Sorry to hear so many people are putting front plates on.

At least I'm thankful we didn't get the Corvette-style front end that's totally designed around the hideous license plate.
I mounted a removable one that bolted to the bottom of my front splitter. I’ve only scraped the bottom twice since buying in 2016 C7 ZO6, my fault. No issues and still strong. I pull a pin and removable in 2 secs when I wash it.

Attachments

• IMG_3310.jpeg
    IMG_3310.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
They'll run out of tickets before you run out of money, son!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back