Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

How did this not sell? 🤦‍♂️
I'd say it's not special enough with the exception of the paint that is amazing.

Tan seats...meh, no sunroof = good for me but many want one.

Unfortunately, not many major options other than paint, seats, and climate. No HUD, PDR, CF1 or CF2, etc...

I'm surprised it wasn't closer to MSRP, but reserve will get less interest.

I'd say it's not special enough with the exception of the paint that is amazing.

Tan seats...meh, no sunroof = good for me but many want one.

Unfortunately, not many major options other than paint, seats, and climate. No HUD, PDR, CF1 or CF2, etc...

I'm surprised it wasn't closer to MSRP, but reserve will get less interest.
The tan actually works very well with the color.

Disagree IMHO- seems like the perfect spec without any fluff. Maybe HUD, PDR. I can live without CF and I don't want a sunroof.

How did this not sell? 🤦‍♂️
I love how matte colors look, but like many, I’ve been scared off by them from a maintenance standpoint and have never owned one. Plus, as much as most of us love manuals, it does limit the market for the car more than an auto does. I feel like with cars like the BW, they are hot for the first year or two and then it tails of quick as again the market isn’t that big for cars like these and the competition of course.

That being said, I am surprised at that price it hasn’t sold yet, unless there is something we are missing.

Man you're not joking about the Telsa instant depreciation hit. What about the Plaid buyers...$130k in 2022, now you can get one for $90k. I know Telsa is a polarizing brand, but their distribution and service model is exactly as some have described as an ideal system.
Yeah. The Tesla direct model gives them ability to adjust their pricing immediately based on current demand so rather than letting cars rot on dealers lots, they just update the website and keep the orders flowing. If demand were to pick back up they would raise the prices immediately as well.

I recently read that all the money folks were saving during the pandemic has pretty much run out so I don't expect to see things improve until interest rates come down or wages start increasing.

6k off MSRP on my 4BW 6MT purchased 3 weeks ago.

Client of mine got an auto 22 for almost 20k off MSRP recently. :eek: If you don't believe me, he sent me a picture of the purchase agreement. My jaw dropped.
*edit* JUST SAW THE OP MENTIONS VERA. Thats exactly where my client got the 20k off LOL.

And this is SFL of all places. notorious for markups.
Yeah, that is what prompted this post when I saw it. They had around 18 4BWs and now they have 6 so I know they were blowing them out. They can only floorplan them so long with these interest rates before the just take the loss and move the inventory.

This white one was listed for $16k off back in May. The Track Edition was $13k off.

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 8.12.37 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 8.11.43 PM.png

I love how matte colors look, but like many, I’ve been scared off by them from a maintenance standpoint and have never owned one.
I owned a matte C63 for three years. I'll never own another matte car.

What was wrong with it?
I was wondering this as well. It's a common refrain that matte paint is hard to maintain, but the biggest issue I have is swirls and love marks, which apparently matte paint doesn't show. It seems like that would be easier to maintain, although in the case of actual deeper scratches it seems you can't buff them out or correct them as easily.

What was wrong with it?

I was wondering this as well. It's a common refrain that matte paint is hard to maintain, but the biggest issue I have is swirls and love marks, which apparently matte paint doesn't show. It seems like that would be easier to maintain, although in the case of actual deeper scratches it seems you can't buff them out or correct them as easily.
Regular maintenance wise it was fine. You just have to use matte specific soaps and products. If you don't normal products will slowly polish shiny spots into the paint. Not a huge deal because I'm assuming most of us here hand wash our cars anyway.

The big problem is damage. It can't be spot corrected. Because the finish is matte you can't polish it, so no removing very shallow scuffs or scratches or rock chips. You only option is to repaint the entire panel at a minimum. And there's a good chance adjacent panels must be repainted as well because it can be so hard to paint match. Even then there's a chance you might not get it to match properly. You need to find a body shop that really knows what they're doing. So, easy to find a Mercedes certified top of the line body shop in big cities. Small cities and towns not so much.

So your only option is to basically fully PPF the car to have any peace of mind. For some it's a tough pill to swallow after spending $100K+ on a car. When I had mine I opted for just full front PPF and looking back on it it was a mistake. Every time you park in a tight lot of unfamiliar area you worry about it. Even with the PPF I still had a few bigger rock chips get through onto the hood.

Long story short if the paint ever gets damaged you either learn to live with it or try to get it fixed with no guarantees it will match. Not my car, but here's what happens when it's not repaired properly. Look at the front quarter panel.
4tbhoiqjubza1.jpg

Yeah, that is what prompted this post when I saw it. They had around 18 4BWs and now they have 6 so I know they were blowing them out. They can only floorplan them so long with these interest rates before the just take the loss and move the inventory.

This white one was listed for $16k off back in May. The Track Edition was $13k off.

View attachment 21696

View attachment 21697
1694524827536.png

In his words, he "had" to do it. LOL. Stole the car.

Total savings + rebate = $20,500.

@mfgmike Thank you for sharing. You did a lot better than me several years ago.

Looks like things are finally getting somewhat back to normal for cars that have been sitting. I'm happy to see dealers feeling a bit of pain after convincing people to pay crazy ADM's. A little karma is nice.

I looked at old paperwork and my '19 ZLE had a MSRP of $74k and it sat for months. I picked it up at the end of 2019 for $59.5k plus some dealer options was $61k at 2% APR.

Last edited:
View attachment 21700

In his words, he "had" to do it. LOL. Stole the car.

Total savings + rebate = $20,500.
Nice, but did they rob him on the trade in?

When I bought my 2022 4BW car, I got a "fair" price for my ZL1 on trade, which is the only reason I did the deal since I had to pay MSRP for the 4BW at the time. However, I purposely did not pick a loaded up trim since these cars historically depreciate pretty bad. Same thing happened with the ATS-Vs. Loaded up A10 4BWs take the biggest depreciation hit. My 4BW was $61k MSRP, low option M6 with performance steering wheel, red calipers and red seats belts, which I am hoping is not a $45k used car already but I wouldn't be surprised if that is what a dealer would offer on trade at this point.

The good news is that I don't plan to trade it any time soon since there is nothing really out there that interests me. I prefer a manual in the fun car and the 4BW ticks the most boxes for me right now.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing. You did a lot better than me several years ago.

Looks like things are finally getting somewhat back to normal for cars that have been sitting.

I looked at old paperwork and my '19 ZLE had a MSRP of $74k and it sat for months. I picked it up at the end of 2019 for $59.5k plus some dealer options put it at $61.5 at 2% APR.
Yep, good old days, when it was normal to buy Corvettes and Camaros at 15-20% off.

Yep, good old days, when it was normal to buy Corvettes and Camaros at 15-20% off.
Yep. I remember thinking Gen 6's for $74k was way too much and then a friend pointed me to the dealer in TX for ~$60k. I looked at comps with other models and brands. Drove the more expensive Corvette, GT350 R, Cayman GT4, Cayman S, and then spoke with a few owners. Everyone that had a Camaro 1LE variant had zero issues on the track and low operating costs. The conclusion was nothing could touch the performance for the price and I was right.

Now that aging is starting to catch up with me and I have kids, I'm really looking forward to Magnaride 4.0 in the CT4 BW and eventually the CT5 BW :) Plus, the CT4 BW is one damn good looking sedan.

Last edited:
@mfgmike Thank you for sharing. You did a lot better than me several years ago.

Looks like things are finally getting somewhat back to normal for cars that have been sitting. I'm happy to see dealers feeling a bit of pain after convincing people to pay crazy ADM's. A little karma is nice.

I looked at old paperwork and my '19 ZLE had a MSRP of $74k and it sat for months. I picked it up at the end of 2019 for $59.5k plus some dealer options was $61k at 2% APR.

This was a client of mine. He scooped up a leftover 22 (apparently the one posted in the OP) about a month ago and did very well. I was able to get my Raven Black 6MT for only 6k under MSRP. Unfortunately, my heart was set on a manual.

$20,000 off MSRP would be enough for most to reconsider though. lol

I do agree, dealerships were absolutely loving life during and after the pandemic.

I'd suffer through an auto at this price lol

You would think the dealer would easily get more if they just sent it to the auction rather than take such a huge loss. Although, they probably balanced it against all the other vehicles they were making a huge profit.

This was a client of mine. He scooped up a leftover 22 (apparently the one posted in the OP) about a month ago and did very well. I was able to get my Raven Black 6MT for only 6k under MSRP. Unfortunately, my heart was set on a manual.

$20,000 off MSRP would be enough for most to reconsider though. lol

I do agree, dealerships were absolutely loving life during and after the pandemic.
Hell 20k off and I’ll convince my wife to get a matching auto blackwing.

Nice, but did they rob him on the trade in?

When I bought my 2022 4BW car, I got a "fair" price for my ZL1 on trade, which is the only reason I did the deal since I had to pay MSRP for the 4BW at the time. However, I purposely did not pick a loaded up trim since these cars historically depreciate pretty bad. Same thing happened with the ATS-Vs. Loaded up A10 4BWs take the biggest depreciation hit. My 4BW was $61k MSRP, low option M6 with performance steering wheel, red calipers and red seats belts, which I am hoping is not a $45k used car already but I wouldn't be surprised if that is what a dealer would offer on trade at this point.

The good news is that I don't plan to trade it any time soon since there is nothing really out there that interests me. I prefer a manual in the fun car and the 4BW ticks the most boxes for me right now.
Good question. I'm not entirely sure. He was trading in a Subaru Crosstrek that was a few years old and can't speak to what it may have been valued at.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back