Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

Cadillac/GM is all in on electric going forward. That's not insider news that'll get me fired lol.

So two scenarios...

One:

Car guys put together a small program budget to sneak out a final send off for ice vehicles the BlackWings. Great PR and using LF4 and LT4 drivetrains, cost is contained.

Two:

In the midst of this multi billion dollar EV ramp up, GM goes, hey, sedans don't really sell, let's take lots of money from the EV strategy and make BlackWings. Forget budgets, let's engineer completely new drivetrains. Sure the only DCT is in the C8, but for $500m, we can adapt it for the CT5. Oh yeah, a performance AWD setup, we have nothing like that, but let's throw $800m to make that happen! Now instead of 10k BlackWings over 4yrs, we'll sell 15k!

So some "expert" on the Internet is telling me that scenario one isn't how it happened and scenario two is how it should've. But I'm the one making stupid replies.

Then explain GM's publicly announced BILLION DOLLAR PLUS investment and production tooling for their next generation V8, Mr Expert?

GM is either stupid, or co-conspirators, in the EV/Climate scam.
Their mistake.
Smart people will either keep their V8s, or buy Tesla Plaids.

I'm not buying any of the BS you posted regarding the 4BW's failure to have a LTx, because the bulk of the LTx and TR6060 development costs have already been paid.

I have already stated, MANY TIMES, that the 5BW original invoice price made sense with the LT4 and TR6060.
Anyone honest, or with a brain, recognizes the obvious fact that I am talking about different models, at different price points.
And, GM should have been working on a sedan to keep up with the Imports/Euros 20 years ago with AWD, etc. So, your smart ass scenario is ridiculous.

Anyone getting chippy with me, will be responded to in a similar manner.
Whether it's you, Lutz, or anyone else.

Last edited:
seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Thank You So Much GIF by euphoria

Then explain GM's publicly announced BILLION DOLLAR PLUS investment and production tooling for their next generation V8, Mr Expert?

GM is either stupid, or co-conspirators, in the EV/Climate scam.
Their mistake.
Smart people will either keep their V8s, or buy Tesla Plaids.

I'm not buying any of the BS you posted regarding the 4BW's failure to have a LTx, because the bulk of the LTx and TR6060 development costs have already been paid.

Anyone honest, or with a brain, recognizes the obvious fact that I am talking about different models, at different price points.
I have already stated, MANY TIMES, that the 5BW original invoice price made sense with the LT4 and TR6060.

Anyone getting chippy with me, will be responded to in a similar manner.
Whether it's you, Lutz, or anyone else.

I'm still confused. Do you have a blackwing or not? If not, go buy one. If you don't want to buy one/cant afford one, GTFO?

Nobody trolled you about an SS sedan.

I'd venture that nobody on this board gives a shit about your decade-old posts about an SS sedan.

By all means keep spinning.

I'm responding to screenshots that were literally posted in this thread, genius.
So, someone gave a shit to find them, screenshot them, and post them in this thread, Einstein.

Too stupid to realize I'm talking about 2 different price points.

The SS Sedan M6 price you all trolled me for demanding, is exactly what I paid for my new one.

The original invoice of the 5BW with the LT4 and M6 made sense.

So, in fact, and in writing, I have literally been proven right about everything I posted on these forums the last 20+ years.
We get it, you'd kick out an unlimited amount if a car had "all boxes checked" which will never happen as these companies have limited budget for cars that don't sell like 100k units a year, as has been pointed out several times in this thread... But, per your previous remarks from 10+ years ago, you'd still find a reason to suggest it should be X amount of thousands less before you'd buy it anyways. Some people just can't be satisified, and some people just want to watch the world burn... Most of us accept we can only pick between whatever is available and don't live in the "what if" world you do and lament their existence every day...

I may respect your job experience, but I don't believe what you are posting.
Regardless, more terrible decisions by GM.
Your CT4 will prove to be a sales flop without the LTx it should have received.
I will bump this post is a few years to prove I was correct, as I've been proven correct over the last 20+ years.
What is the quantification for establishing something was a sales flop?

GM did do a great job on the 5BW M6.
Just too bad the bean counters unjustifiably raised the $85k MSRP $10k+.
Not really sure it was unjustified when the car still had a waiting list.

We get it, you'd kick out an unlimited amount if a car had "all boxes checked" which will never happen as these companies have limited budget for cars that don't sell like 100k units a year, as has been pointed out several times in this thread... But, per your previous remarks from 10+ years ago, you'd still find a reason to suggest it should be X amount of thousands less before you'd buy it anyways. Some people just can't be satisified, and some people just want to watch the world burn... Most of us accept we can only pick between whatever is available and don't live in the "what if" world you do and lament their existence every day...

You obviously didn't read, or comprehend, where I posted I was happy with the 5BW's original invoice, and that I paid exactly what I said a new SS Sedan was worth.

I'm responding to screenshots that were literally posted in this thread, genius.
So, someone gave a shit to find them, screenshot them, and post them in this thread, Einstein.
The screenshot was meant to be illustrative of your ability to be a clown across multiple forums.

It's impressive, really. Well done.

What is the quantification for establishing something was a sales flop?

Not really sure it was unjustified when the car still had a waiting list.

Are you suffering from Stockholm Syndrome?

The screenshot was meant to be illustrative of your ability to be a clown across multiple forums.

It's impressive, really. Well done.

So you were just exposed as making an ass out of yourself, and you double down, instead of just saying "my bad" or "I missed that".
No sense or class.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners