Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

You're funny. I'm lying? K

Why would you see me at unveilings or events?

I work in branded advanced. Nothing I've worked on has seen light of day, not until the August 9th reveal of Escalade IQ.

You are blabbering about what if's and what should be's. I live in reality of bringing a car to market. Budget budget budget. You barter a stitched dash for a light pipe in the rear door panel. That's reality. Every day.

Instead of realizing we got the BlackWings squeaking by the bean counters you're in la la land about developing different powertrain combinations that would increase the program cost enough to have been cancelled.

I'll stay over here in reality and first hand experience.

I may respect your job experience, but I don't believe what you are posting.
Regardless, more terrible decisions by GM.
Your CT4 will prove to be a sales flop without the LTx it should have received.
I will bump this post is a few years to prove I was correct, as I've been proven correct over the last 20+ years.

GM did do a great job on the 5BW M6.
Just too bad the bean counters unjustifiably raised the $85k MSRP $10k+.

Last edited:
I find your theories fascinating.
Why don't you come to the NJMP event so we can discuss them face to face, and take all your future communication with me to private messages in the future?
JFC...your Small Dick Energy could power this entire forum.

1. Racist fucks like you are barely worth a public message, never mind a private one.
2. I don't make or respond to physical threats.
3. YOU DON'T OWN A BLACKWING AND NEVER WILL...GO FIND ANOTHER FORUM TO TROLL

I find your theories fascinating.
Why don't you come to the NJMP event so we can discuss them face to face, and take all your future communication with me to private messages in the future?
Star Wars Fight GIF

JFC...your Small Dick Energy could power this entire forum.

1. Racist fucks like you are barely worth a public message, never mind a private one.
2. I don't make or respond to physical threats.
3. YOU DON'T OWN A BLACKWING AND NEVER WILL...GO FIND ANOTHER FORUM TO TROLL

I'm glad we both know how this will play out in the real world.
Now, pretend you have any sense or class, and take any future communication with me to private messages.

I may respect your job experience, but I don't believe what you are posting.
Regardless, more terrible decisions by GM.
I will bump this post is a few years to prove I was correct, as I've been proven correct over the last 20+ years.

GM did do a great job on the 5BW M6.
Just too bad the bean counters unjustifiably raised the $85k MSRP $10k+.
You don't have believe what I am posting. I have now worked for Ford, FCA and now GM. I also had a small stint heading up design for Bob Lutz's little passion project company putting LS9 in Fisker Karmas.

Everything comes down to money.

Is the M5's interior nicer build quality than an 5BW? You bet it can be if you allow a few hundred million in budget for the program and allow $20k tacked onto MSRP.

I swear, this isn't opinion. This is the reality of producing cars.

At GM, the car guys won. They got them made and with 6mts.

You want to Monday Morning quarter back what ifs and what you'd do differently while missing the big picture. Everything else you could have wanted was achievable if the money was there which it wasn't.

You don't have believe what I am posting. I have now worked for Ford, FCA and now GM. I also had a small stint heading up design for Bob Lutz's little passion project company putting LS9 in Fisker Karmas.

Is the M5's interior nicer build quality than an 5BW? You bet it can be if you allow a few hundred million in budget for the program and allow $20k tacked onto MSRP.

You want to Monday Morning quarter back what ifs and what you'd do differently while missing the big picture. Everything else you could have wanted was achievable if the money was there which it wasn't.
Walter White Win GIF by Breaking Bad

I'm glad we both know how this will play out in the real world.
Now, pretend you have any sense or class, and take any future communication with me to private messages.
Why PM when we can all enjoy the pomp and circumstance when it's in the public forum?

But it needs a DCT and adjustable AWD.

And it's too expensive already.

This guy is really trying to square the circle.

It would have been a sales flop even with the LT1. Just like the camaro. Just like the SS.
I am just happy they made it and I was in a position to be able to buy it.

PS- You have never been right about anything.

Lutz is a Legend and much respect for what you did with Fisker.

We are going to have to agree to disagree about the the 4BW needing a LTx, and GMs ability to offer it at the current MSRP or less.

Cadillac/GM is all in on electric going forward. That's not insider news that'll get me fired lol.

So two scenarios...

One:

Car guys put together a small program budget to sneak out a final send off for ice vehicles the, BlackWings. Great PR and using LF4 and LT4 drivetrains, cost is contained.

Two:

In the midst of this multi billion dollar EV ramp up, GM goes, hey, sedans don't really sell, let's take lots of money from the EV strategy and make BlackWings. Forget budgets, let's engineer completely new drivetrains. Sure the only DCT is in the C8, but for $500m, we can adapt it for the CT5. Oh yeah, a performance AWD setup, we have nothing like that, but let's throw $800m to make that happen! Now instead of 10k BlackWings over 4yrs, we'll sell 15k!

So some "expert" on the Internet is telling me that scenario one isn't how it happened and scenario two is how it should've. But I'm the one making stupid replies.

Last edited:
Besides all this nonsense, I am honestly surprised they wouldn't have put an LT1 in a 5V non-BW.

Too stupid to realize I'm talking about 2 different price points.

The SS Sedan M6 price you all trolled me for demanding, is exactly what I paid for my new one.

The original invoice of the 5BW with the LT4 and M6 made sense.

So, in fact, and in writing, I have literally been proven right about everything I posted on these forums the last 20+ years.

Lutz is a Legend and much respect for what you did with Fisker.

We are going to have to agree to disagree about the the 4BW needing a LTx, and GMs ability to offer it at the current MSRP or less.
I came in late to the Destino and tried to have them make me a one off LS9/Tremec company car but I digress.

An LT1 would have made the 4BW sound better and give it a marketing advantage. It wouldn't have made it a better driving car. The Lexus IS500 has a V8 and the BW is nearly 10 seconds faster a lap at VIR. You can get the vibe you want in a V1 CTS-V. It's about the size and weight of a 4BW with the V8 right there, or of course as you know, the GXP or SS.

I personally covet the balance and handling of the 4, even surprised it sounds good stock. I also enjoy forced induction at the factory due to 100whp gains being so readily accessible without having to do heads, cam, etc on an LT1.

Besides all this nonsense, I am honestly surprised they wouldn't have put an LT1 in a 5V non-BW.
I think it would be cool to make a 5BW Track Edition. It would have a warmed up LT1 with 500hp, 6mt, and some weight savings from composites that get it down to say 3900-4k lbs. It would split the price between a loaded 4 and a loaded 5BW.

The thing to remember, every drivetrain iteration, even different seat materials, all have to be crash tested which costs $$$.

I think it would be cool to make a 5BW Track Edition. It would have a warmed up LT1 with 500hp, 6mt, and some weight savings from composites that get it down to say 3900-4k lbs. It would split the price between a loaded 4 and a loaded 5BW.

The thing to remember, every drivetrain iteration, even different seat materials, all have to be crash tested which costs $$$.
You are bringing up a lot of very good points and I have learned something today. I was at a meet and greet where Tony Roma & Brandon Vivian was speaking about the Blackwings 2 years ago and both talked about cost and how much work they put into the BW's to get them produced... Tony also took a question about bringing back a wagon and he stated that the cost of the project would not be profitable.... I would say you are right about GM looking at the bottom line cost of bringing something to the market.

Too stupid to realize I'm talking about 2 different price points.

The SS Sedan M6 price you all trolled me for demanding, is exactly what I paid for my new one.

The original invoice of the 5BW with the LT4 and M6 made sense.

So, in fact, and in writing, I have literally been proven right about everything I posted on these forums the last 20+ years.
Nobody trolled you about an SS sedan.

I'd venture that nobody on this board gives a shit about your decade-old posts about an SS sedan.

By all means keep spinning.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners