Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

If the price point continues to get interesting with 4BW's sitting on lots, I would definitely consider purchasing a 4BW and enjoying it with my youngest son. I've been looking at them a little more recently.

My son has a Twin T Q50s and he enjoys that car, however he and I have taking a liking to the 4BW's. It's a great car. If its an A10, not an issue for me really. That's what I'm saying, if it's a deal I'm in..... I'm a fan of the M6. You never know what deal finds you. And so, I keep an open mind to it.

If the price point continues to get interesting with 4BW's sitting on lots, I would definitely consider purchasing a 4BW and enjoying it with my youngest son. I've been looking at them a little more recently.

My son has a Twin T Q50s and he enjoys that car, however he and I have taking a liking to the 4BW's. It's a great car. If its an A10, not an issue for me really. That's what I'm saying, if it's a deal I'm in..... I'm a fan of the M6. You never know what deal finds you. And so, I keep an open mind to it.

I mean, if you are fine with an A10, you can probably shop around for the largest discounts. I've seen them as high as $8k off. For many people, that sizeable discount is a compelling enough reason to buy the A10 over the M6. When discounts this high are imposed, then the cars will sell.

I mean, if you are fine with an A10, you can probably shop around for the largest discounts. I've seen them as high as $8k off. For many people, that sizeable discount is a compelling enough reason to buy the A10 over the M6. When discounts this high are imposed, then the cars will sell.

I'm a #savethemanuals kind of guy, but I have to admit that if the discount got large enough I'd consider an automatic. $8k isn't enough yet, though. :)

We are looking at the secondary market as well for comparison. Good advice, we are on the lookout. I'm thinking there's some more discounts to be had....Lets see. Thanx.

No amount of saving will persuade me to by an auto, when a manual is available. That is one of the main selling point of BWs for me. If that' wasn't the case, I would be looking at Audi.

I guess it's like saying why get an LF4 when you can have an LT4? ;)

Doesn't the LF4 automatic have different engine internals than the LF4 manual?

If money were no object, then yeah... but then we'd be having the convo of "why get a Cadi, when you can have a Porsche?"

But... I get where you are coming from. I do agree, that if it was just a matter of finding the cheapest of a car, then the auto would be a consideration.

I'm a #savethemanuals kind of guy, but I have to admit that if the discount got large enough I'd consider an automatic. $8k isn't enough yet, though. :)

No amount of saving will persuade me to by an auto, when a manual is available. That is one of the main selling point of BWs for me. If that' wasn't the case, I would be looking at Audi.

Same. I couldn't buy an auto if a manual is available for a car I'm looking at. Even if I do have to pay a little more. I do understand that some people want to get the best bang for their buck, and an A10 4BW is a ticket to owning one for 'cheap'. Autos ARE faster, but that's not the point of owning a manual car.

I guess it's like saying why get an LF4 when you can have an LT4? ;)

Well, there's a $30k difference between the two...

And I guess I look at the 5 as more of a grand tourer and the 4 more of a sportscar. I prefer sportscars over grand tourers, so even if I could afford a 5, I'd still likely get the 4, and use the $30k left over on tires and brake pads for the track.

I'm thinking for the sake of discussion, if most of us can buy a 4BW we certainly could stretch out to a 5BW?

So, the economic thing I do not believe really float's in this case for the masses IMHO for this particular market and price? 90K for a Track edition 4BW.

It's a great car, and if the deal comes package in an A10, so be it.

If its a manual in the deal, that may be in the crosshairs as well! What the deal looks like for us remains to be seen. What certainly cannot be argued, is the market correction taking place for certain products.

The most impact that will be felt depreciating SOON, the used car segment sold under the "pandemic" shortage skirt.

Look for some deals there.

I'm not hanging an investment hat on a "fleet optioned" 4BW in the long term. My portfolio doesn't include a car for retirement income thankfully..... Dividends may simply come from driving the s!@# out of it with my sons on track days.

My 5, I'd hit her with a different whip! ;) LOL!

Waiting for the recoil folks!

Definitely matters, 6yr 70k on the powertrain helps ease concerns?

Oh, I'm not worried about the rods on the automatic LF4 from a durability standpoint, but it just feels a bit cheaper to not use the the Ti rods on all of the LF4 engines.

I'm thinking for the sake of discussion, if most of us can buy a 4BW we certainly could stretch out to a 5BW?

So, the economic thing I do not believe really float's in this case for the masses IMHO for this particular market and price? 90K for a Track edition 4BW.

If its a manual in the deal, that may be in the crosshairs as well! What the deal looks like for us remains to be seen. What certainly cannot be argued, is the market correction taking place for certain products.

The most impact that will be felt depreciating SOON, the used car segment sold under the "pandemic" shortage skirt.

I'm not hanging an investment hat on a "fleet optioned" 4BW in the long term. My portfolio doesn't include a car for retirement income thankfully..... Dividends may simply come from driving the s!@# out of it with my sons on track days.

In most scenarios, a manual 5BW will hold better long-term value than any CT4BW, especially the automatics. That's basically a fact. So, if you can stretch to a manual 5BW, total cost of ownership should not be any worse than any 4BW.

A lower option 4BW manual will also hold pretty good long-term value, most likely. A high-option 4BW automatic....whew....get ready for some depreciation.

But, I do understand purchasing the 5BW can be difficult for some people as interest/car payment, etc. can be significantly different. But, if you can get over the hurdle, many people will find warm water and sunny skies with a 5BW in a total cost of ownership scenario.

All that said, those that prefer the driving dynamics of the 4BW and it's relative nimbleness compared to the 5BW, I totally understand that too.

I have a 5BW manual. I wouldn't kick a significantly discounted off MSRP sub $60k OTD price 4BW automatic out of bed for a daily driver fun car.

All BW's are awesome rides no matter what.

Oh, I'm not worried about the rods on the automatic LF4 from a durability standpoint, but it just feels a bit cheaper to not use the the Ti rods on all of the LF4 engines.
In the ATS V, all LF4’s had titanium rods. No idea why they changed it.

I went with the A10 because it was much more liveable and comfortable. The clutch engagement felt good on the manual, but I could tell the whole process was taking more wear on me during the drive.

This, in the inverse, is precisely why many of us love manual transmissions. Driving an automatic just takes more out of me than a manual does. I feel bored, to the point of being mentally worn out, if I have to drive an automatic for too long. Maybe if I had to drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic every morning for a significant period of time I'd feel differently--but I don't. Even then, when I lived in California, bumper-to-bumper traffic was just a call to split lanes on the motorcycle, tremendously invigorating (but draining to some).

It's like introverts versus extroverts at a social event. Both can talk to friends and have a great time. But at the end of the night the introvert will be drained and want alone time, whereas the extrovert will be energized from all the interaction. Driving a manual is like being an extrovert at the party, it energizes us, it doesn't wear on us at all.

#savethemanuals

I can afford $100k worth of cars but I’d rather have 2 great cars rather than just one great car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back