Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

First 2022 Ct4-v blackwing with the factory mounted rear view camera.

In my experience, the rear camera mirror only works for you if you commit to using it 100%. After a couple of days the benefits will outweigh the challenges. That said, I don't have issues seeing and making out vehicles at distance with my setup but if I did I might not use it.
I have used it exclusively, but the few times I'm trying to make out what type of vehicle is behind me, and I can't, I switch it to regular mirror and it is clear as day. Same thing with night driving. I drove almost all the way home, trying to tell myself this is fine. Just a few miles to go I switched to regular mirror and it was so much better. I just don't think the camera/monitor quality is even close to my Mk1 eyeball quality.

I have used it exclusively, but the few times I'm trying to make out what type of vehicle is behind me, and I can't, I switch it to regular mirror and it is clear as day. Same thing with night driving. I drove almost all the way home, trying to tell myself this is fine. Just a few miles to go I switched to regular mirror and it was so much better. I just don't think the camera/monitor quality is even close to my Mk1 eyeball quality.
I don't disagree with the difference in clarity, but I can use it for what it provides, which one of those is more field of view that is helpful to me. I generally only need an overview from the mirror. I can discount not being able to count the nose hairs of the person behind me for it's other helpful attributes. I can always glance in the side view mirrors for another look.

Great the retrofit works on the Caddys. I like the rearview camera mirror, it was definitely necessary on my C8 and I liked how it eliminates all blindspots. In the Blackwings I'm sure its not as necessary but I still really like it, although night driving with it or in rain wasn't as great, you could see the image become slightly grainy or distorted.

Good thing it provides the option to go back to the normal camera if you want it.

In my experience it is better in a dense city setting, if I am driving aggressive and need to see what cars are behind me I go back to the standard mirror view. I do prefer it in the foggy mornings or in heavy rain

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back