Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Finally: CT5-V Blackwing Reproduction Spoilers

CT5-V Model
Any updated shipping estimate for someone with a label that was created 3/28?

Two more shipped today with more finishing up
image000000.jpeg

Front splitter layup is underway too

image000000.jpeg

The front splitter is for the 5BW, correct? If so, any idea of what you will be seeking those for? Very interested. And BTW, thanks for taking a leap and getting all of these into production!

***** Spoilers available to order at www.exhibitionsofspeed.com *****

Like many here I received my CT5-V Blackwing without the carbon package and was underwhelmed by the aesthetics. With all of the trim pieces being gloss black I felt adding the single carbon pieces would be out of place. Not to mention become incredibly expensive to replace all the parts. In an effort to upgrade my Blackwing, and all of yours, I was able to secure an OEM Blackwing rear spoiler to create a direct replication of the carbon piece. This has all the OEM dimensions and mounting options.

View attachment 8436View attachment 8437

These spoilers will be built from carbon fiber and come with a gel coat from the mold ready for prep and paint. You will be able to clear coat and leave them exposed carbon. Or you can spray them gloss black to get the carbon package look without having random pieces of carbon on the predominately gloss black car. These will install very easily as your OEM spoiler is only held on by 3M tape and the trunk has pre-existing holes. I pulled mine off by hand and installed the new one in about 1.5 hours. The OEM carbon unit has inner mounting studs/bolts, and outer mounting studs you could drill holes for. Drilling the outer holes will be your choice, but they are difficult to access through the trunk panel. The spoiler will come with provisions for them, but I would recommend just using 3M tape on the outer edges like OEM.

View attachment 8438
I am ready to begin production on these but it will take significant financial investment on my behalf to start the process. I am opening up a reservation for 10 people to receive the first ones produced. We are looking at 6-8 weeks to build the tooling, then another 6 weeks to build and deliver the initial units. A $500 deposit needed to hold yours. As much as I want to build these for the community I also need to gauge interest and feasibility. Those getting the spoiler will have first dibs on the forthcoming front splitter also.
All parts will be hand built here in the United States. Cost on these will initially be set at $950 shipped to your door. After this first batch of 10 I can asses the total cost involved. Check out the pics of the spoiler in Gloss Black below and let me know if you are interested.

View attachment 8427View attachment 8428View attachment 8429View attachment 8431View attachment 8434
There’s a gentlemen who received one, after he sold his blacking that is offering to ship it and sell it to me. What was your price for the spoiler you created for retail?

Curious where the order process is for those with fully paid orders and shipping labels. Sitting at five and a half weeks now.

Would be nice if there was a visual or video guide for installing this.

Purchased the rear spoiler from @Blackwing518. Did me a solid and included blacked out badging and a rear emblem. Honor has not left us gentlemen. Will post pics when RMAC (Rocky Mountain Accessories Center) completes the install!!!!

Attachments

• 70500662384__2CE23306-0C70-46BE-99DE-3B1664AB0403.jpeg
    70500662384__2CE23306-0C70-46BE-99DE-3B1664AB0403.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 89
  • 70500559291__3CDE752D-3C7C-4B91-828A-CA32BC21976F.jpeg
    70500559291__3CDE752D-3C7C-4B91-828A-CA32BC21976F.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 89
Curious where the order process is for those with fully paid orders and shipping labels. Sitting at five and a half weeks now.
Mine finally shipped on 5/1. Should be at my house on Monday.

When I last spoke with Terrance, he said the hold up was with the clear-coated parts.

Received mine. Getting ready to tackle the install. Has anyone done this and used the OEM clips for the ends?

Installed by R.M.A.C. (Rocky Mountain Accessories Center) for a lil less than $300!! They had to drill two holes one on each far end. The GM spoiler installed is $4300. Thank you @Blackwing518 for the sale and thank you @MatthewAMEL for the fabrication. This was perfect, great craftsmanship and price point. Looking to purchase any other products you’ve created. Shall we call you the CarPicasso? Waiting for my custom 21” deep dish Assanti’s to be delivered. Will post them then.
70552747370__DD774793-8116-40E0-A47B-E6EFE7B77FD8.jpeg
IMG_8794.jpeg
IMG_8795.jpeg

Well, mine is on.

From old spoiler removal to 1st 4 bolts on took about 90 minutes. I took my time cleaning the area of residue, vacuumed the metal shavings and then treating the two side holes with touch up paint.

Not gonna lie. The side bolts are one of the most frustrating experiences I have had working on cars. That includes broken wheel studs and broken brake rotor retainer screws. My wife and her tiny Irish wrists came to the rescue on that one. I struggled for two hours with all of my 'tight access' tools and nothing worked.

If my wife hadn't come through, I would have use a step-bit and enlarged the hole in the trunk closest to the outer bolt. I believe that would have allowed access with a flexible nut driver.

IMG_1097.jpgIMG_1098.jpgIMG_1100.jpgIMG_1102.jpgIMG_1104.jpgIMG_1105.jpgIMG_1107.jpg

I wrote Terrance and suggested he switch at least the outer holes to use the GM retainer clips. That would have made this a MUCH easier install. I don't know if the screw sizes are compatible.

Fit and finish is top notch. I am very pleased with the spoiler itself. Anxiously awaiting the front splitter!

Aesthetics or performance? Why is it needed? CF1.....CF2 is a bling thing nothing more IMHO. Waste of cash.

Feedback post from the good folks searching to get the CF would be insightful. Why do you want it, need it?

Are these still available? I’d like to purchase one...
Still available, but looks like you snagged one. Thats great!

Terrance Sig- Any chance you plan to create CF side skirts & rear diffusers for 5BW down the road?​

Side skirts and rear diffusers are a maybe. I have the scans and everything for the rear diffuser, but it is a big piece that will be expensive to build. Not sure I can do it for less than OEM
On the slow drip right now. I have them creeping out of production slowly though. The targeted date for all pieces to be delivered is Memorial Day.
Well, mine is on.

From old spoiler removal to 1st 4 bolts on took about 90 minutes. I took my time cleaning the area of residue, vacuumed the metal shavings and then treating the two side holes with touch up paint.

Not gonna lie. The side bolts are one of the most frustrating experiences I have had working on cars. That includes broken wheel studs and broken brake rotor retainer screws. My wife and her tiny Irish wrists came to the rescue on that one. I struggled for two hours with all of my 'tight access' tools and nothing worked.

If my wife hadn't come through, I would have use a step-bit and enlarged the hole in the trunk closest to the outer bolt. I believe that would have allowed access with a flexible nut driver.

View attachment 18857View attachment 18858View attachment 18859View attachment 18860View attachment 18861View attachment 18862View attachment 18863

I wrote Terrance and suggested he switch at least the outer holes to use the GM retainer clips. That would have made this a MUCH easier install. I don't know if the screw sizes are compatible.

Fit and finish is top notch. I am very pleased with the spoiler itself. Anxiously awaiting the front splitter!
Fantastic man! I am really glad you got it done. looks great and appreciate the patience.

Still available, but looks like you snagged one. Thats great!

Side skirts and rear diffusers are a maybe. I have the scans and everything for the rear diffuser, but it is a big piece that will be expensive to build. Not sure I can do it for less than OEM

On the slow drip right now. I have them creeping out of production slowly though. The targeted date for all pieces to be delivered is Memorial Day.

Fantastic man! I am really glad you got it done. looks great and appreciate the patience.
@Terrance Sig you have a very nice product. Do you.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back