Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Finally: CT5-V Blackwing Reproduction Spoilers

CT5-V Model
Here is the rear spoiler install guide from GM.

It indicates there are no holes drilled in the trunk lid, but I believe that is only true on non-Blackwing cars. It does have part numbers for all the kits bits including the fasteners and tape used.

Attachments

• Rear Spoiler Install Document ID 5754366.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 287
This is what the pre-drilled non-cf1 holes look like. Every other hole is used to mount the spoiler, starting at the oblong holes on the outside. The outsides holes would be drilled similar to rubberduck's post

vzRc9Fvi6ilqF29huD6RbcfiI6GsgrzEfnrSXZwhAq6d9BiR62XBVV0-Z7oRnmggsL9mJvzSFQ7ZfEOqe63uduV4QabJDpuPGvNG4BekOGlKtU1E6ZJWEOxJTchvQb12ihH26ylw2hqghStQ3eTG3q8_CVfFN0cdqOSozh2q0iV8uHay5p1pEYbPwZPlVcK6r7Qt4Gbqv72YUFJN81arfeVmdv8ZC8VfgcN9jS4EOfER26s5UvJClf0yxGuhUuET5Zlkt8URnREjow3mTyWhpVHbxLd60qaecwZthrWHy7E8iSOm87AFU0S7wT3Ul4J9qWspouUcIgjurkfFTZtkV8binIUeNXq6CHHs5iiWZst8J2mFeksxrMYxCgN6m0Xdr7ea-turMt5aEFc-UmaP3qpdsxoF7-U4jZ2YnvITH7Q5_tq9aJNHsUZnWRLdtwHtuzoL45tU4Z1OTV-11YRyNM5VBHFc2M9fgiy5qhULTeFzqmoPwrBMgFNv3YQC0ELz6IPIo0HPwekGeh4PYhmsghryv1CL_jNswxDgXIKnGl7gmNF0FaOsPCeEQeOWgVKUk0CUcNR2uacjnToS48EZ5WwPNQKTiI6XuGhh3kIIFsRo2x4sVQGg9PDETe8DLSOq4TCJUHhd1f8PbXScx4WLpNbzu_ZZZ8M6f6P7oKlZ97GbiOHQJPcYoBcRni8BpkVnPygWE7-AiLX2QfBDxw8Szbp8w8OzoczB_e12Xh8WnDCHSC-vRxi8bjO2lq3D8_Ba9NiXo5cdxCRKxLpGrEDBjX0keKktpZVbUxWNXWwj1ql_C6Inhei9drZ-6_YMmAfO2Ajlux-YA87eoUBTj_ToVov6m7_ueBFeXZBNk8BqYgmc6so5s57NM7GEKt4WMJOsr_quTBMlrCYchAJLftrMFm8NgVaHT2Fqw2QpMG4bO0iRGw=w1164-h1820-s-no

Last edited:
Here is the rear spoiler install guide from GM.

It indicates there are no holes drilled in the trunk lid, but I believe that is only true on non-Blackwing cars. It does have part numbers for all the kits bits including the fasteners and tape used.
Starting on page 7, it shows the outer holes to be drilled and on page 13, after step drilling to enlarge the holes, snap the plastic nut insert.
This is what the pre-drilled non-cf1 holes look like. Every other hole is used to mount the spoiler, starting at the oblong holes on the outside. The outsides holes would be drilled similar to rubberduck's post

vzRc9Fvi6ilqF29huD6RbcfiI6GsgrzEfnrSXZwhAq6d9BiR62XBVV0-Z7oRnmggsL9mJvzSFQ7ZfEOqe63uduV4QabJDpuPGvNG4BekOGlKtU1E6ZJWEOxJTchvQb12ihH26ylw2hqghStQ3eTG3q8_CVfFN0cdqOSozh2q0iV8uHay5p1pEYbPwZPlVcK6r7Qt4Gbqv72YUFJN81arfeVmdv8ZC8VfgcN9jS4EOfER26s5UvJClf0yxGuhUuET5Zlkt8URnREjow3mTyWhpVHbxLd60qaecwZthrWHy7E8iSOm87AFU0S7wT3Ul4J9qWspouUcIgjurkfFTZtkV8binIUeNXq6CHHs5iiWZst8J2mFeksxrMYxCgN6m0Xdr7ea-turMt5aEFc-UmaP3qpdsxoF7-U4jZ2YnvITH7Q5_tq9aJNHsUZnWRLdtwHtuzoL45tU4Z1OTV-11YRyNM5VBHFc2M9fgiy5qhULTeFzqmoPwrBMgFNv3YQC0ELz6IPIo0HPwekGeh4PYhmsghryv1CL_jNswxDgXIKnGl7gmNF0FaOsPCeEQeOWgVKUk0CUcNR2uacjnToS48EZ5WwPNQKTiI6XuGhh3kIIFsRo2x4sVQGg9PDETe8DLSOq4TCJUHhd1f8PbXScx4WLpNbzu_ZZZ8M6f6P7oKlZ97GbiOHQJPcYoBcRni8BpkVnPygWE7-AiLX2QfBDxw8Szbp8w8OzoczB_e12Xh8WnDCHSC-vRxi8bjO2lq3D8_Ba9NiXo5cdxCRKxLpGrEDBjX0keKktpZVbUxWNXWwj1ql_C6Inhei9drZ-6_YMmAfO2Ajlux-YA87eoUBTj_ToVov6m7_ueBFeXZBNk8BqYgmc6so5s57NM7GEKt4WMJOsr_quTBMlrCYchAJLftrMFm8NgVaHT2Fqw2QpMG4bO0iRGw=w1164-h1820-s-no
Correct statement.

The red circle on the backside of the CF rear spoiler shown is the stud that slides into the plastic nut insert pictured.
IMG_1039.jpeg
IMG_1043.jpeg
IMG_1044.jpeg

I believe the PN for the clips is 84448584, but not 100% sure. They are inexpensive enough to order at the dealer and find out.

Terrance just sent out the install guide. Great write-up. Honestly the quality and precision of this thing is high enough that it practically installs itself :)

The only thing I'd suggest is not just recommend but to highly recommend drilling the outside holes. Overall it makes a fairly minor difference (helps compress the foam tape) but once it's on it's on and you've lost the opportunity.

But plan it out. The lack of access is no joke.
Would something like this make it easier to attach the outer studs?

Access was pretty bad for the ct4 as well. I used a ratcheting wrench to tighten the end nuts and then ended up dropping the wrench in the trunk panel. Had to accelerate in reverse and slam on the brakes to get it to shift around until I could fish it out. I'd suggest tying a string to any tools you are using so you don't have to deal with what I went through

Access was pretty bad for the ct4 as well. I used a ratcheting wrench to tighten the end nuts and then ended up dropping the wrench in the trunk panel. Had to accelerate in reverse and slam on the brakes to get it to shift around until I could fish it out. I'd suggest tying a string to any tools you are using so you don't have to deal with what I went through
I'm going to install the Tapout carbon spoiler after the ceramic cures and I have a warm day to help cut through the tape on the stock spoiler. The 4BW has those same white retainers on the outside, right? I assume you didn't reuse them for yours and you used the Tapout nuts? If so, isn't the hole larger for the plastic retainer? I was going to order a pair of retainers in case I broke to originals like it seems many have done in their removal experiences. I thought having the retainers to look at might also help me figure out how to disengage them without destroying them.

I'm going to install the Tapout carbon spoiler after the ceramic cures and I have a warm day to help cut through the tape on the stock spoiler. The 4BW has those same white retainers on the outside, right? I assume you didn't reuse them for yours and you used the Tapout nuts? If so, isn't the hole larger for the plastic retainer? I was going to order a pair of retainers in case I broke to originals like it seems many have done in their removal experiences. I thought having the retainers to look at might also help me figure out how to disengage them without destroying them.
Sorry not trying to hijack this thread, I broke one of the stock retainer clips on the 4 and when I tried to reuse one of the good ones, I couldn't get the tapout wing to sit flish against the trunk. I pulled it off and switched to nuts to torque it down tight. It's the same clip that was posted above. I did have to use washers as the nuts slid through the larger holes

I’ve had a shipment notification for label creation for about a week now. Any idea how long to expect before it’s gets sent out after receiving label creation email from UPS?

I’ve had a shipment notification for label creation for about a week now. Any idea how long to expect before it’s gets sent out after receiving label creation email from UPS?
He is generating labels before he has spoilers to ship. I get notified about every package for my address. He created a label for me on 3/28, but my spoiler hasn’t been built yet.

Would something like this make it easier to attach the outer studs?
That might work actually. You just need more reach
Should see another 10-15 ship out by next Friday, so you will see some movement then.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back