Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Delivery checks

Dutch

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-v blackwing
After 8,5 months it’s finally here….

Picking up my CT5 BW this Thursday.
Any items I need to make sure they did properly during the PDI?

Shipping blocks, splitter attachments, brake duct vents etc etc.

Let me know if any of you had problems after delivery that should have been addressed during the PDI.

Cheers

Let me know if any of you had problems after delivery that should have been addressed during the PDI.

Cheers
wow, congrats!!!

Tell them NO DRILLING holes in your front bumper and NO CAR WASH.
I'll admit I spent a lot of time on Google maps scoping out self car washes in case the dealership wouldn't let me use their wash station. I've already scoped a great one, and have a list of car care items I would pack in it's own suitcase that I would fly down with.

Yea I told them, don’t clean the car period. I don’t trust dealers , especially on black cars
EXACTLY in the case of black cars!

For a car wash, also see if you can find a laser touchless and then bring some microfiber towels and quick detailing spray to finish it off after the wash maybe?

EXACTLY in the case of black cars!

For a car wash, also see if you can find a laser touchless and then bring some microfiber towels and quick detailing spray to finish it off after the wash maybe?
Touch-less will only get so much off. If there's any residual dust/dirt, when you go to dry with microfiber towels, you're going to drag all that across your paint.

Tell them NO DRILLING holes in your front bumper and NO CAR WASH.

you would think no front plate bracket would be common sense... but I guess it only is to car nuts like us....

If I do get the request for the front plate bracket to be installed, I wont do it until the customer has signed for the vehicle because if they back out, I don't want to be the one to sell a V with a front plate bracket... lol

front plate bracket = total loss

• No license plate bracket
  • No dealership sticker or plaques anywhere on the car
  • No wash
  • Remove spring spacers and put in trunk
  • Do not install rear brake ducts
  • Check mileage
  • fill tank with highest octane available

Cheers
Congrats! If you ordered upgraded mats, different lug nuts, or any dealer installed options, be sure the original parts made it into your trunk. You should get both sets.

• No license plate bracket
  • No dealership sticker or plaques anywhere on the car
  • No wash
  • Remove spring spacers and put in trunk
  • Do not install rear brake ducts
  • Check mileage
  • fill tank with highest octane available
Thx for this helpful list! Some questions: - doesn't the dealer automatically remove spring spacers? And why not install the brake ducts (actually, why aren't they installed at the factory?)?

Touch-less will only get so much off. If there's any residual dust/dirt, when you go to dry with microfiber towels, you're going to drag all that across your paint.
Depends on how dirty the car is which is why you might need to finish up with a towel and detail spray.

Thx for this helpful list! Some questions: - doesn't the dealer automatically remove spring spacers? And why not install the brake ducts (actually, why aren't they installed at the factory?)?
The brake ducts are for the track and if you use them for an extended period on the street I think I read the concern is getting pebbles trapped in the calipers necessitating new rotors.

Thanks everyone
I’m lucky that I’m about 90 miles from the dealer, so if you see a filthy black BW with temp plates driving tomorrow 😂

Good Info regarding the ducts and mounting hardware, my build is very basic so no dealer installed options at all.

Thx for this helpful list! Some questions: - doesn't the dealer automatically remove spring spacers? And why not install the brake ducts (actually, why aren't they installed at the factory?

Primarily for two reasons:
1) they actually reduce the functional ground clearance of the car, and while you won't encounter issues with this on the track, on the street speed bumps, odd ramps and ect.... could rip them off.
2) Adding the ducts also calls for removing the rotor shields also. If it follows along the same issues as the C8, the main issues are you can pick up debris, specifically pebbles and stones which could become lodged and damage the rotors, or the bigger concern is that you pick up flammable debris such as plastic bags and such that could actually start a fire, as happened to at least three different C8 owners that I have read about.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back