Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

What happened to the threats from the suits related to markups? Just lip service?
Yes and No, manufacturers they dont control what dealers do. What they're more upset about is the switcheroos. Advertise one price, then when you sign the dotted line, they slide in some BS fees or markups on the backside.

Will GM actually take away dealer allocations? They can... Do dealers really care, doubt it since supply is scarce is and they're not making off volume of cars moved. They gotta try to make it up with the few cars they have on the lot.

Surprisingly, not a lot of Cadillacs on the list. And if there are Caddys in there, its mostly off Escalades.

Didn't want to start a new thread, so I thought I'd post this here. This is more of a FYI. I know you guys love your Sewell, and I probably should have ordered my 5BW there. I called Ken Batchelor, who is part of the Sewell family, yesterday looking at a 4BW. Long story short...they sell at list, BUT they have a $10K add on package on every car. It includes tint, ceramic coating, paint stripe (!) and some other crap. After balking at that, he asks if I'm local to come in for a test drive. Told him no. He told me they will not sell to out of state buyers. So, I was disappointed. They may be part of the family, but a distant relative I guess.

For clarity, I did speak with the Fort Worth store (I think) a week ago. They had a 4 there, but sold it over night. It was at list, plus a $1500 package including tint. They didn't care if I was out of state.

New here, but wanted to respond to this directly since I'm in the same situation. In the SATX area, so naturally was looking at Ken Batchelor for a 4BW. When I called them this morning they mentioned they only charge MSRP, and can get them pretty quick. When I asked if they had any currently at the dealership, they said they had 1 but it was out getting ceramic coating. I thought that was odd, but just said ok. It was shortly after this chat that I came on the forum and saw the comment above. So I will be speaking with the dealership today and confirming that this is a "required" package they add and not optional. Will report back with findings.

New here, but wanted to respond to this directly since I'm in the same situation. In the SATX area, so naturally was looking at Ken Batchelor for a 4BW. When I called them this morning they mentioned they only charge MSRP, and can get them pretty quick. When I asked if they had any currently at the dealership, they said they had 1 but it was out getting ceramic coating. I thought that was odd, but just said ok. It was shortly after this chat that I came on the forum and saw the comment above. So I will be speaking with the dealership today and confirming that this is a "required" package they add and not optional. Will report back with findings.

Ok, so had a chance to talk to Ken Batchelor quite a lot yesterday. Here's what I was told. They are placing orders and selling BW's for MSRP with $0 deposit. Regarding selling to folks out of state, yes...they prefer local customers because of limited allocations. They don't want to lose all their allocations to people flipping cars for profit. They are trying to build relationships with locals who will come back to them in the future, etc. Right now, the carbon packages are what's killing people, so if you want to go to the front of the list, option it without CF1 or CF2 and you'll probably get a much quicker build time. The $10k package is an optional package, but a lot of people go with it. The actual "mandatory" dealer package is the "$1500" package that Finally-a-V listed above. This is what is included with the packages:

Mandatory: $1,495 - tint, door handle cup guard, door edge guard, screen protector on infotainment center

Optional: $10k package adds all your ppf / ceramic coating, paint stripes (they don't even put the stripes on blackwings though), and a few other things. This isn't a "blackwing" package...it's just something the dealership offers for all of its Cadillac customers. And again, it's not mandatory.

Cheers and I wish you all the best. I'm going in to place my order this morning!

@DecadenceFTW .....That's very interesting. Guess things change over time. When I talked to them about a 4BW in December, EVERY car got the mandatory $10k package. If they didn't add that package back then, and sold out of state, I'd have a 4 in the garage from them right now.

@DecadenceFTW .....That's very interesting. Guess things change over time. When I talked to them about a 4BW in December, EVERY car got the mandatory $10k package. If they didn't add that package back then, and sold out of state, I'd have a 4 in the garage from them right now.

Yea, I'm not sure why they would tell you that unless the sales rep was really just trying to force you into the package. I mean, I get upselling, but seems a bit aggressive. My sales rep is actually an enthusiast with a BW5 on order and he isn't pressuring me into anything. He just confirmed via text this morning (yesterday was "verbal") that the only mandatory package is their "essentials" package for the $1495. I can give you their name if you'd like to chat with them.

Ok, so had a chance to talk to Ken Batchelor quite a lot yesterday. Here's what I was told. They are placing orders and selling BW's for MSRP with $0 deposit. Regarding selling to folks out of state, yes...they prefer local customers because of limited allocations. They don't want to lose all their allocations to people flipping cars for profit. They are trying to build relationships with locals who will come back to them in the future, etc. Right now, the carbon packages are what's killing people, so if you want to go to the front of the list, option it without CF1 or CF2 and you'll probably get a much quicker build time. The $10k package is an optional package, but a lot of people go with it. The actual "mandatory" dealer package is the "$1500" package that Finally-a-V listed above. This is what is included with the packages:

Mandatory: $1,495 - tint, door handle cup guard, door edge guard, screen protector on infotainment center

Optional: $10k package adds all your ppf / ceramic coating, paint stripes (they don't even put the stripes on blackwings though), and a few other things. This isn't a "blackwing" package...it's just something the dealership offers for all of its Cadillac customers. And again, it's not mandatory.

Cheers and I wish you all the best. I'm going in to place my order this morning!
I would offer them $1000 to NOT put any of the mandatory stuff on my car. Surely, they would do that. I want to get the tint I want (Autohbahn i3) and I don't want them touching the rest of the car anyway, ha.

I would offer them $1000 to NOT put any of the mandatory stuff on my car. Surely, they would do that. I want to get the tint I want (Autohbahn i3) and I don't want them touching the rest of the car anyway, ha.

I'm sure they would do it. They seem pretty chill about it all. Got on the list today, but I'm like #4 in line...argh. And that's #4 without the CF packages, so they will go through first, unless they back out. But apparently Ken Batchelor has been getting a decent amount of allocations, so fingers crossed.

Just came to add another negative review for Crest in Frisco. I'll likely end up ordering with Sewell in Houston and get on the long wait list. I think I would have been #12 last I checked. Sales talk below for a laugh

We could definitely honor the same offer you’ve been given if it meant we would be stealing your business from another dealer. However here at CREST best offer and first come first serve wins.

I don’t see anything in the market available less than 86k on this model within 500 miles of us.

Auction wouldn’t be the exact verbiage. The consumer this vehicle attracts is usually willing to pay whatever to get their hands on it. They understand they’re skipping the line on a 6-9 month wait ( 4-5 months a best ) and very rarely do we get someone only interested at MSRP. However in the rare instance we do not have offers 10-20k over we will entertain the next best offer.

If the best offer we have is MSRP we will sell it for that. We have only encountered that once on a CT4-V Blackwing. (that particular one was an automatic)

I would like to add a negative review for Vera Cadillac. Took a $5000 deposit back in January saying there were 5 people in front of me for allocations. After asking for updates for 2 months they responded that the owner is now deciding who gets allocation and they’re no longer following an order. Furthermore they said there’s now 11 people ahead of me now when I pushed- even though they had said 5 when I started the process. Took a long time to get my money back too. Seems to me like the owner wanted to ignore deposits and just give allocation to his friends 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
I would like to add a negative review for Vera Cadillac. Took a $5000 deposit back in January saying there were 5 people in front of me for allocations. After asking for updates for 2 months they responded that the owner is now deciding who gets allocation and they’re no longer following an order. Furthermore they said there’s now 11 people ahead of me now when I pushed- even though they had said 5 when I started the process. Took a long time to get my money back too. Seems to me like the owner wanted to ignore deposits and just give allocation to his friends 🤷🏽‍♂️
Sounds just like my local dealership. They didn't have a list and said they'd call if they got an allocation with the color and options you could have. Plus, they'd have to verify that you had the right energy for them. Stay well away from Garcia Cadillac lol

Vera is near my home but bad news. You want a great experience go up to Autonation Cadillac in west palm beach and see my girl Mar Hertz she is so much fun. And really not many sales persons know as much about Cadillacs then her. She’s fabulous and msrp. My car with her is now at 4000.

Happen to know how long their wait list are? I opted not to go thru her just cuz she said she didnt know how many allocations they'd get and they had about 12 people on their list. Think she said they had like 2 or 3 prior to Dec that got filled.

Anyways, I got this gem from Devoe Cadillac down in Naples, FL.

CT4 Blackwing orders are $ 10,000 over MSRP and CT5 Blackwing $ 25,000. We have over 15 sold orders for the CT5, most from last summer. Cadillac are only allocating around 3-5% of production for Blackwing.

This is to place an order...

Happen to know how long their wait list are? I opted not to go thru her just cuz she said she didnt know how many allocations they'd get and they had about 12 people on their list. Think she said they had like 2 or 3 prior to Dec that got filled.
Not sure, good luck on your search though

For some people, money is above all. Sometimes integrity means nothing in the pursuit of riches, and it's absolutely disgusting how pervasive it is in society.

For some people, money is above all. Sometimes integrity means nothing in the pursuit of riches, and it's absolutely disgusting how pervasive it is in society.
It goes two ways. The only reason they can charge above MSRP is because there are people that will pay that. I'm OK with that, I'm a capitalist. I talked with several dealers and listened to some very creative stories as to why they are charging above MSRP. I simply told them I was not interested in paying above MSRP, end of story. Not because I can't, because I won't. I don't need this car as desperately as some I suppose.

It goes two ways. The only reason they can charge above MSRP is because there are people that will pay that. I'm OK with that, I'm a capitalist. I talked with several dealers and listened to some very creative stories as to why they are charging above MSRP. I simply told them I was not interested in paying above MSRP, end of story. Not because I can't, because I won't. I don't need this car as desperately as some I suppose.
Yea, that's not the situation here. The guy put a $5k deposit down to take 5th place in line. Next thing he knows, dealership owner changes the rules and said it's not first come first serve any more, it's going to be allocated however he wants, place in line be damned. Then they dragged their feet refunding him his $5k. Again, that's a scumbag move to change the rules up after rules were established when he first placed his deposit.

That's what we call getting the rug pulled out from under you.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back