Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Years ago when Ford was coming out with their Shelby's I got on numerous lists.......one dealer in particular had me as their number 1 in line customer....and then he realized the demand. Called me to say he was going to give his first pick to the highest bidder for the spot. If he started with that great, but changing his "rules" after the fact was bs.

Yea, that's not the situation here. The guy put a $5k deposit down to take 5th place in line. Next thing he knows, dealership owner changes the rules and said it's not first come first serve any more, it's going to be allocated however he wants, place in line be damned. Then they dragged their feet refunding him his $5k. Again, that's a scumbag move to change the rules up after rules were established when he first placed his deposit.

That's what we call getting the rug pulled out from under you.
Agreed, that is a hit below the belt. The owner would fit right into politics.

I contacted Sewell Cadillac in Dallas about ordering a CT5V BW because I know they move a lot of cars and will sell at MSRP. Unfortunately they told me that they are only taking orders for TX residents at this time (I live in Illinois).

I then called Cadillac of Naperville, IL about placing an order and they were fine with it. I confirmed over the phone that they will sell CT5V BW orders at MSRP with no markups or mandatory packages and yes it will take a while to get one built.

I went in to place an order and the story changed: they will not commit to any pricing and will sell based on market conditions at the time of delivery. They then said that they have 8 people on the wait list and expect to fulfill only 2 vehicles per year - so expect to wait 4 years.

If anyone is aware of a dealer in the Chicago area that will take an order on a 5BW and commit to MSRP, I'd appreciate the info. I do see mention of heritage and patrick, but from what I can tell heritage is adding markups. I can of course do my own legwork, but wanted to see if anyone has recommendations.

Ordered May '21 received December '21 from Heritage. Ask for Chuck Hughes. Zero ADM. Naperville is my local dealer. After buying a couple cars from them in the past, never again.

Anyone in NE looking for a 4v BW, the Bill Dodge dealership in Westbrook, ME just texted me that they got a build allocation and have until Tuesday to claim it. I went thru them and got MSRP. They did say they do that for local buyers but don't usually like to work with out of staters on cars like this (said something to the effect of building relationships with potential repeat business is more important in a market like Maine). Take that for what it's worth but they shot it straight with me and I'd do it again! Worth a try if you're at least in NE (and even if you're not!). Good luck!

For anybody interested here is a list of the 2020 top 150 Dealership Groups published by Automotive News

Attachments

• 2020-Top-150-Dealership-Groups.pdf
    527.5 KB · Views: 165
For anybody interested here is a list of the 2020 top 150 Dealership Groups published by Automotive News
I won't say this list means little to nothing, because it is interesting. But it's by sales volume. Lots of scummy dealers on this list

Got a call from my guy today at Batchelor. They got multiple allocations this week for BW4's and mine is up. I have until Monday to make changes and then the order goes in. I'm freaking out! Lol. I know it's just the beginning but this was such a fast turnaround I'm just blown away. I'm telling you, if you live in TX, you gotta check these guys out.

And like an idiot, I didn't realize that Sewell and Batchelor are in the same family of dealerships lol. So just something to know if you're looking at both. They should treat ya well. I had a super friendly and knowledgeable rep at Sewell as well, but my allocation came up locally first, which I'm super happy about, because I'll be able to drive like 15 minutes on delivery day!!

Got a call from my guy today at Batchelor. They got multiple allocations this week for BW4's and mine is up. I have until Monday to make changes and then the order goes in. I'm freaking out! Lol. I know it's just the beginning but this was such a fast turnaround I'm just blown away. I'm telling you, if you live in TX, you gotta check these guys out.

And like an idiot, I didn't realize that Sewell and Batchelor are in the same family of dealerships lol. So just something to know if you're looking at both. They should treat ya well. I had a super friendly and knowledgeable rep at Sewell as well, but my allocation came up locally first, which I'm super happy about, because I'll be able to drive like 15 minutes on delivery day!!
How long did it take from order in till allocation for you? I’m sure mine could be vastly different as I’m in Michigan but I was late to put my order in and just wondering how long on average it’s taking to get an order accepted, I can be patient once I know I’m in and it’s being built but I want to see that start so I know I will get one. I’m debating putting an order in with multiple dealers and just taking whatever one gets accepted first.

I contacted Sewell Cadillac in Dallas about ordering a CT5V BW because I know they move a lot of cars and will sell at MSRP. Unfortunately they told me that they are only taking orders for TX residents at this time (I live in Illinois).

I then called Cadillac of Naperville, IL about placing an order and they were fine with it. I confirmed over the phone that they will sell CT5V BW orders at MSRP with no markups or mandatory packages and yes it will take a while to get one built.

I went in to place an order and the story changed: they will not commit to any pricing and will sell based on market conditions at the time of delivery. They then said that they have 8 people on the wait list and expect to fulfill only 2 vehicles per year - so expect to wait 4 years.

If anyone is aware of a dealer in the Chicago area that will take an order on a 5BW and commit to MSRP, I'd appreciate the info. I do see mention of heritage and patrick, but from what I can tell heritage is adding markups. I can of course do my own legwork, but wanted to see if anyone has recommendations.
If you're willing to order from Detroit, contact Natalie Bozin-Sells from Genesis Cadillac. They're placing orders for $1K refundable deposits. 586-943-4185

Also, anybody looking for manual 4BW? Chris Veilleux at Fitzgerald Cadillac of Annapolis have 2 4BW getting built with no CF. Wave Metallic with gray interior and a Rift with black interior getting built now.

Does Fitzgerald Cadillac of Annapolis charge mark up?
What he told me:

Whatever shipping costs would be if you wanted us to ship it, and md has $499 dealer processing. “Sales price” would be $695 over msrp plus $499 processing and tax and tags for wherever you would like to register.

Dont know if youd count $695 as a mark up at this point honestly...

How long did it take from order in till allocation for you? I’m sure mine could be vastly different as I’m in Michigan but I was late to put my order in and just wondering how long on average it’s taking to get an order accepted, I can be patient once I know I’m in and it’s being built but I want to see that start so I know I will get one. I’m debating putting an order in with multiple dealers and just taking whatever one gets accepted first.
Hmmm, that's a good point. I mean, I didn't order yet, and maybe that's why? So basically, the way they are doing it here...is you have to wait for them to get word of an allocation coming to their dealership, then they bring you back in if you're up on the list...to place the order. Since I am next on the list, I get this next allocation. My order actually gets placed on Tuesday as far as I know.

Now, how long from the time I expressed interest and got on the list, to getting the call for the allocation? Honestly, 1 week. To the day. They told me they might not get any allocations for a while, but then they got lucky and got 4 or something at once. I was the 4th person at the time, so yea.

How long it will take from order to build/delivery? I haven't the slightest idea, but I'm happy to at least be in the race, instead of on the sidelines. If that makes sense.

Really depends...is it a 4 or 5? 4s right now seems to be in better swing of production over 5s. Dealers supposedly gets allocations based on how much volume Vs and cars overall they move. So if you ordered from a small, underperforming dealer, they may never get an allocation. Its not uncommon to see somebody post up how they submitted an order Mar-Apr last year and their order still havent been picked up.

Really depends...is it a 4 or 5? 4s right now seems to be in better swing of production over 5s. Dealers supposedly gets allocations based on how much volume Vs and cars overall they move. So if you ordered from a small, underperforming dealer, they may never get an allocation. Its not uncommon to see somebody post up how they submitted an order Mar-Apr last year and their order still havent been picked up.
Yea, that's what I was told. Apparently this dealership moves cars so they get more allocations. They are getting quite a few for 4's right now. Fingers crossed I will get a quick build.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back