Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers Can Now Build the 2023 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
2023-cadillac-ct5-v.jpg

Using the Quick Order app in GM's Order Work Bench system - Cadillac dealers can now see the options and configure a 2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing and 2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing.

In looking at the options, it looks like there will be four new paint colors to choose from, and the Carbon Fiber Packages 1 and 2 will return, even though they've been on constraint for much of the 2022 model year.

Below are the options as dealers can see them:

I believe, Radiant Red and Sharkskin are what you see on the Escalade V. This is NOT fact, but from what I've been told, it's a solid guess. Zephyr is left over Lincoln paint....showing my age on that one 😂

@Rob Dealer is trying to configure an order. It's not easy. He found a workaround to build it but now it won't accept it so he's still working on it. It looks like this might be an accidental workbench release where the thing isn't fully ready yet. It happened with the C7Z where one day it showed up unexpectedly on workbench. When Chevy noticed it they pulled it back for a couple of weeks. At that time my dealer was checking several times a day and managed to wedge my order in, those that missed it on that day had to wait until the official release.

----------------------------------

According to the inenet this is what zephyr looks like ... I hope that's not what they're doing. :(

c89fa5.png

I'm hoping Deep Void is a dark purple. It would look amazing in a matte finish.

I have a thing for purple cars. :)

D5-F5-F76-C-DE1-A-470-E-ACC3-9289769-BCAAB.jpg

l53kwwuu39d81.JPG

+1 on those plums. Shadow Metallic is on my 22 build and it took me a month to decide because it looks so much different than the build rendering.

Goose egg on those new colors in a Google search so it's going to be a crap shoot on what these colors actually look like in the wild.

Looks like Sharkskin Metallic (GXD) is being used on other GM cars under different names; same paint code. Maybe we can get a peek at it on one of the other car's configurators. (Edited: All three cars listed below are 2023 models - no online configurators available ...yet)

Found this in a Camaro Forum (using Google on the paint code)

Sterling Gray, Argent Silver, Sharkskin all GXD paint code?

I'm fully aware that this might be a dumb question but I've never owned a GM product before and I'm in line to put an order for a ZL1 at my dealership. I had my mind made up for Satin Steel, only to be told that they have to switch my order to a 2023 and that Sharkskin will be replacing it (GXD paint code).

In my attempt to see if other GM vehicles had this colour as a reference, I've noticed that other colours also seen to have this same paint code according to articles from GM Authority for example:

This Traverse article listing Sterling Gray as GXD

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/03...-paint-colors/

This XT4 article listing Argent Silver as GXD

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/04...-paint-colors/

And the Camaro article listing Sharkskin as GXD

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/04...etallic-paint/

Is this a GM thing where different paints have the same code or are these all the same colour with different names?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I gotta see these colors. Bummed they scrapped shadow metallic as a color.
im actually really happy about that...now I own a rare 1 year color car...yay me! hahahaha im sure the sharkskin won't be far off though.

EDIT...dumb me, I just saw the sharkskin and it definitely looks more like satin steel metallic.

Sharkskin looks like silver, maybe a tad off.

I like that Radiant Red, if that's what's on the Escalade V. Though it seems it may go a little Orange. Ah, it's OK. I'm sure mine will sit at 1100 for months...again. That'll give me time to find it and see it on something.

My dads 2016 C7 came in a color called shark grey metallic. Wonder if they are bringing it back. It’s actually a really nice color
Yea, my 2012 C6 Grand Sport was CGM (Cyber Grey Metallic). One of my fave colors of all time. Loved that thing!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back