Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealer installed front license plate

Glad I can save other people from the misery I have to go through.. Now the dealer wants to complete the paperwork before the repair is made.. and has a disclaimer that it might not be 100%..
Forget about moving to texas.. would love to.. its more affordable for sure... but I would have to get used to the humidity.. it's crazy to think that a dealer would ask a customer if it's okay to drill holes in a $100k car. My dealer is saying it's required, but the only thing that is required is to have a front plate not that the dealer installed it. I know I signed waivers before, but the dealer is saying those waivers don't work in court..

Glad I can save other people from the misery I have to go through.. Now the dealer wants to complete the paperwork before the repair is made.. and has a disclaimer that it might not be 100%..
It sounds like you're set on taking delivery of the car. TBH, if it were me, I would be, too. Given that you told them not to mount the bracket ahead of time but they did so anyway, I would use that as leverage. Tell them you want the additional term in the sales contract to instead read as:

"The seller agrees to repair holes in the vehicle's front bumper to the buyer's satisfaction and the seller agrees to bear all costs of said repairs."

Tell them you feel that your proposed contract amendment is fair given they failed to follow your instructions.

Yeah, I waited too long for this car.. and it's one of the initial 250.. so I would like to take delivery of it but not 100% there yet. I am trying to get the dealer to fix it first before taking delivery but it might not be that easy. The manager already said it's not going to be 100% but they will strive for 100%. Alternatively, I could ask for a credit and get it done by a place I choose. I know holes have been filled in before on certain cars just not sure of the cost.

Tell them to knock 1k off the price and you’ll take care of it yourself (like they would ever do that). If they’re asking you to sign a waiver that it “might not be 100%” I’d tell them to get bent.

I’m angry for you OP. Such a minor detail they just can’t get right.

dealer stickers are SO tacky!! if they want me to advertise

pay me $$

rear license plate frame........

MAYBE
Dustin will give you a special one, carbon fiber...It has Sewell on it but the letters come off easy....

Attachments

• IMG_3257.jpg
    IMG_3257.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 115
wish my C8 dealer knew which end of a corvette was which, guy is clueless compared to my CTV Man.

Doubt I'll ever see the C8. They cant get out of their own way

Just a heads up, you are not required to take the car or anything after you sign… it’s when you sign and take possession (drive it off lot) then your beat.. this is a dealer mistake and they need to fix it

Same thing happened to my SS when I bought it. Rather than risk having it painted, I had the rivets drilled out, placed vinyl stickers over the holes and then applied the PPF over the top. The covered holes look exactly like the radar sensors so they do not look out of place at all. But still this sucks bad.

Okay so the dealer won't fix it because they said their body shop won't fix it.. this is a buck of nonsense. They offered me a $500 discount which I don't think would even cover the repair. I haven't signed for anything yet, but they are pressuring me to take possession of the car.

Okay so the dealer won't fix it because they said their body shop won't fix it.. this is a buck of nonsense. They offered me a $500 discount which I don't think would even cover the repair. I haven't signed for anything yet, but they are pressuring me to take possession of the car.
Make them double it. $500 per hole.

What are the odds you will get front bumper rash in the near future? I'm assuming low but if not, maybe take the $500 towards a future bumper respray?

What are the odds you will get front bumper rash in the near future? I'm assuming low but if not, maybe take the $500 towards a future bumper respray?
I was going to have the front covered in PPF, but not with these holes now.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back