Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Front Plate Paranoia

Mulignan

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Somehow someway (maybe mandatory NJ law), a front plate bracket was included in my build.

Is it installed at the factory or dealer? My sales consultant is very responsive, I want to know if I need to give her a heads up to not have the front plate installed during the PDI.

Thanks for any insight/experience.

My car is finally up on dealer website and the stock photo is cringe worthy.

Attachments

• 5A36DB0A-4461-4533-80D4-0EA28AF3738A.png
    5A36DB0A-4461-4533-80D4-0EA28AF3738A.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Call ASAP since they have the car and tell them NO holes (it's done at the dealer.) If they give you a story about a front plate, tell them to stick it in the front window and they you will take care of installing w/o drilling on your own.

Call ASAP since they have the car and tell them NO holes (it's done at the dealer.) If they give you a story about a front plate, tell them to stick it in the front window and they you will take care of installing w/o drilling on your own.
Sending email now. Thanks!

Somehow someway (maybe mandatory NJ law), a front plate bracket was included in my build.
The build tool on the Cadillac site says: "Front bracket is included if displaying a front license plate is required in your state."

The build tool on the Cadillac site says: "Front bracket is included if displaying a front license plate is required in your state."
That's weird since it says it's a cost option. Pretty sure my car doesn't have it and it's not on the window sticker. Texas requires a front plate, only exceptions are antiques I believe

Attachments

• 76BA64E2-B139-46F8-A147-2F5A6C84B04A.jpeg
    76BA64E2-B139-46F8-A147-2F5A6C84B04A.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 97
That's weird since it says it's a cost option. Pretty sure my car doesn't have it and it's not on the window sticker. Texas requires a front plate, only exceptions are antiques I believe
The bracket was not listed on my sticker, but was on the GMWorkbench option list on my order. When I first saw that, an email went immediately to the dealer to NOT install it. They said it would not be installed without written authorization from me. :)

Supposedly, it is included in the price for states that require front plates, but can be bought as an option for those that want to add any kind of plate on the front.

That's weird since it says it's a cost option.

If you click on the little "i" symbol in the lower right of the option box, it brings up the info I quoted.

pretty sure there's a couple at the start of that mutilated blackwings thread. too lazy to look though lol
There's a picture of two 4BWs with the front plate bracket, but none with an actual front plate.

Anyone have a photo of a 4BW with a front plate?

I just use a suction cup license plate frame I got on Amazon and suction it to the front passenger side window. I live in IL.

Is it installed at the factory or dealer? My sales consultant is very responsive, I want to know if I need to give her a heads up to not have the front plate installed during the PDI.

Thanks for any insight/experience.

My car is finally up on dealer website and the stock photo is cringe worthy.
im in nj too idk what dealer you went to but mine told me specifically they dont drill any V or escalades by default.

Is keeping you front plate inside the car and behind the windshield any better than not having it at all? I'm in TX and the plates need to be outside. Can't see myself ruining the look of the car, but seems like it's giving the popos the right to pull you over any time.

Is keeping you front plate inside the car and behind the windshield any better than not having it at all? I'm in TX and the plates need to be outside. Can't see myself ruining the look of the car, but seems like it's giving the popos the right to pull you over any time.
Luckily in IL they seem to respect so far after over a year.

I haven't gotten pulled over for no front plate yet. It seems like it might not be a primary reason for Texas police to pull you over anymore.

Don't waste any time on a front plate.

First, its a sacrilege to scar the front of the vehicle.

Second, you're never going to get in trouble for it. Texas "requires" front plates, but even when pulled over for other things, I've never been given a hard time for lacking a front plate.

Forgiveness is WAY better than permission.............

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back