Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealer installed front license plate

dwn4cause

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5V-Blackwing
Hello, my ct5v-Blackwing wasn't going to be PDI till next week so I told the salesperson no front plate.. only to find out that the PDI was done late last night and the front plate was installed. The sales guy confirm they drilled two screws (looks like lag bolts) through the front bumper. I was surprised on car like this they would do this.. normally we are given an option to sign a waiver in California. The manager said he be willing to fill in the holes, but on a new car, I am hesitant. Any ideas or suggestions?

Have them fill and then assess. If necessary, have them get bumper painted at high end shop. Not much else you can do unfortunately

yeah I am really upset.. the GM even said that there is only one tech who can PDI the car and he won't be in till next week.. so when I heard the car was PDI and plate installed last night I was upset. The GM said the dealership always installs it on every car so they don't get sued.. I explained last time I bought a new car I signed a waiver to which he said those don't hold up in court. I am hesitant to have a new $100k car front bumper sprayed.. but my options are limited... if I put a new order in ill be waiting for a while..

Sorry to hear that! Every time I talk to the dealer I always end with, "make sure they don't put the front plate bracket on!" Now I'm just hoping it sticks.

Given there's a good chance the dealership is going to use a brush to remove road.grime, better option for all of us in the future might me to ask dealer to NOT PDI and plan to take the car to your favorite detailer (and then back to dealership if there are things like dealer installed accessories.)

Given there's a good chance the dealership is going to use a brush to remove road.grime, better option for all of us in the future might me to ask dealer to NOT PDI and plan to take the car to your favorite detailer (and then back to dealership if there are things like dealer installed accessories.)
I don’t think that it’s possible for them not to PDI.

yeah, they have to do a PDI and according to my dealer at least wash it to verify the paint.. unfortunately, the service dept and sales department don't talk to each other.. so while I said no wash no plates.. it didn't work... I have seen some cars that have the holes filled and painted.. didn't look bad.. I don't think those people sprayed the whole bumper either.

yeah, they have to do a PDI and according to my dealer at least wash it to verify the paint.. unfortunately, the service dept and sales department don't talk to each other.. so while I said no wash no plates.. it didn't work... I have seen some cars that have the holes filled and painted.. didn't look bad.. I don't think those people sprayed the whole bumper either.
You can definitely get out of the wash. Not the PDI tho.

www.bumperplugs.com

I've had to use them before and they seemed to be the best option since I wasn't going to have the bumper re-sprayed either.
I still wouldn’t be happy if I were in @dwn4cause ’s shoes however, that’s a pretty cool solution that I wasn’t aware of and very reasonably priced as well. The ghetto solution is to use the caps that you would put on license plate bolts and try to paint them with touch up paint.

Ugh, that sucks. I made sure when my car was ordered that thr plate bracket was not checked on the list.

JIC, convo between salesman and I after the car had arrived....

Screenshot_20210904-213747_Messages.jpg

I have a email posed to send to the new car sales manager and service manager ….. do not wash the car, do not put front plate bracket on, do not put any dealership stickers on car, do not put the brake ducts on and please include the spring spacers amd window sticker….. signed and dated before car shows up

I emailed and texted my salesperson with prep instructions when I placed my order and as soon as he let me know the car arrived. He promptly attached this to the dashboard. (P.C. is the name of the dealership - Paul Conte). Fortunately, they don't don't do a pinstriping prep, so no instruction needed on that one. 😁

Attachments

• note.jpg
    note.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 123
Honestly, I get so mad when I see a front bumper plate drilled into a car. In the used marked, I will specifically not buy them. I may be slightly dramatic…..but oh man would I be livid if someone drilled holes into my brand new 2022 blackwing.

Honestly, I get so mad when I see a front bumper plate drilled into a car. In the used marked, I will specifically not buy them. I may be slightly dramatic…..but oh man would I be livid if someone drilled holes into my brand new 2022 blackwing.
I am pissed but my options are so limited... and I really like the car.. I know it seems minor but when your spec'ing out a new car you shouldn't have to go through this. I would figure it's common sense now..

Same, every used car I've ever bought, if it has a front plate on it, I just keep scrolling.

Great thread. Gives many of us a "heads up" on what to tell our sales people. I feel lucky to have found my Guy at Sewell in Dallas. He explained his communication process during my wait. He knows all the little nuances of what his buyers want.
In Texas, we are "required" by law to have a front plate. While on the C8 Corvette forums , this is also a huge topic. The front plate ruins a great "look".

I've seen people covering their front plate in a vacuum plastic seal and setting it on the dash. Many have it in the backseat "ready to mount" if stopped.

We'll see.

dwnforcause. If you are a Republican PLEASE move here to Texas. We are getting too many from Cali who are "blue" Sorry, didn't mean to go all political

Great thread. Gives many of us a "heads up" on what to tell our sales people. I feel lucky to have found my Guy at Sewell in Dallas. He explained his communication process during my wait. He knows all the little nuances of what his buyers want.
In Texas, we are "required" by law to have a front plate. While on the C8 Corvette forums , this is also a huge topic. The front plate ruins a great "look".

I've seen people covering their front plate in a vacuum plastic seal and setting it on the dash. Many have it in the backseat "ready to mount" if stopped.

We'll see.

dwnforcause. If you are a Republican PLEASE move here to Texas. We are getting too many from Cali who are "blue" Sorry, didn't mean to go all political
Glad I can save other people from the misery I have to go through.. Now the dealer wants to complete the paperwork before the repair is made.. and has a disclaimer that it might not be 100%..

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back