Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Damage to CF lip

CT5-V Model

Ergoc5

Seasoned Member
I hit some debris in the middle of the road ☹️ (could not avoid it), it was dark but felt like plastic. Looks like it took the ppf off and took a chunk off of the lip. Not sure if fixable. No other damage under the car.

PXL_20230119_001458624.jpg

Dang. That looks rough. I scuffed up the lip on mine shortly after getting it and explored different options, my paint guy recommended we just put some black tape along the edge of the lip - it’s barely noticeable and covers up the damage. And what’s nice is when I inevitably do it again I can just replace the tape.

0CC5F954-58EA-46B8-A928-5290320462C3.jpeg

Yeah after being careful everywhere I park etc avoiding curbs this happened on my normal ride back home from work....had no way to avoid it

That sucks. But if you do end up replacing it, I would be interested in buying the damaged one.

Look up carbon fiber specialty bike repairs and see if they can fix it. I had a guy in Orlando fix the lip off my 4BW and you couldnt even tell it got damaged.

Thats if they even have any in stock. Some of the CF PN's we have are popping up discontinued now...
I’ve had one on backorder, no ETA for about a month now.

Look up carbon fiber specialty bike repairs and see if they can fix it. I had a guy in Orlando fix the lip off my 4BW and you couldnt even tell it got damaged.
Yes my detailing shop knows a few places but the cost of repair could be close to the cost of a new lip

Yeah after being careful everywhere I park etc avoiding curbs this happened on my normal ride back home from work....had no way to avoid it
What road was this on? My wife and I are grimacing every time we drive in rain on a day like today. Never know whether a crater is lurking under a puddle especially during the winter months. NY roads suck and for the taxes we pay, it's downright criminal.

Did a quick Google search and found these guys in Roslyn:

Google reviews are pretty stellar. Not near you but at least worth an inquiry. They can probably give a quote based on the photo.

What road was this on? My wife and I are grimacing every time we drive in rain on a day like today. Never know whether a crater is lurking under a puddle especially during the winter months. NY roads suck and for the taxes we pay, it's downright criminal.

Did a quick Google search and found these guys in Roslyn:

Google reviews are pretty stellar. Not near you but at least worth an inquiry. They can probably give a quote based on the photo.
Taking it to Detailing Dynamics to have them look at it. This was near Bald Hill by the Vietnam Memorial Heading North on Rt 83. Looks like they cleared it today. I think it was retread from a truck.

Thanks for sharing the info about flower hill auto body....heard good things about them

Yes my detailing shop knows a few places but the cost of repair could be close to the cost of a new lip
I paid $450 to get mine fixed and it was split across to the bumper. A new spoiler is gonna be over $2K and thats if you can even order it since there is zero in stock.

I am going to see if this can be fixed but I put in an order for a replacement lip ...looks like it will be a 6 month wait 😳

At my local Cadillac dealer right now and finally have an ETA on my splitter (84432226) of March 9. Price is $1272.

Just a few days ago I drifted just a bit to far and this? Nothing happened thankfully, however you couldn't slide a quarter in between there if you tried. The downside of that nice splitter we have, Its expensive, and we try to look out for it all the time. If you figure out a way to repair, which I hope you do, you would really score! Good luck, sorry that happened! KUP pls.

Attachments

• 20230107_123459_resized_2.jpg
    20230107_123459_resized_2.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 86
Just as an update since a piece is missing and there is a slight crack above it would mean removing and relaying carbon fiber which will be cost prohibitive. If and when my new lip gets here I will remove this and have the body shop fill it and paint it gloss black. in the meantime I put some vinyl tape along the edges to hide but I know my eyes will always be drawn to it unfortunately. I also put film on the side markers while I was at it 😁.

PXL_20230120_212145336.jpg
PXL_20230120_212321170.jpg
PXL_20230120_212304023.jpg

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace