Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Unfortunately damaged my lip again

CT5-V Model

Ergoc5

Seasoned Member
I had a previous slight nick on my CF splitter a few months ago but today when driving on the highway I saw something small (looked like a piece of metal) rolling on the highway and felt a very light tap on the front. When I parked the car I saw this damage on the lip. Amazing what a light tap can do. The car was at the dealer earlier for service and inspection but I doubt it happened there. CF splitters not long for the world here in NY unfortunately. Have had an order in at the dealer now for a few months....no ETA.

PXL_20230623_154022082.jpg

I’ve had a splitter order in since December. Update from 3 weeks ago from the parts dept guy was mid-July but I’m not counting on it.

Price did go up about 50% and I haven’t had a chance to talk to the part’s manager about how they will handle that. My order was in at around $1250.

Price did go up about 50% and I haven’t had a chance to talk to the part’s manager about how they will handle that. My order was in at around $1250.
Yeah that's the price I got quoted in January....it's $1860 now 😳. I can't use Terrance's splitter since it will not match the factory CF deflectors

I also have the OEM deflectors that I bought in January. Apparently the price had doubled since then. I’ll see what happens with the splitter price. Hopefully the dealer will give me a substantial break since I bought the car from them. This is getting ridiculous with these CF prices. I may just sell my unused deflectors and call it a day.

Your splitter damage looks repairable. I would probably just repair it, not to make it look perfect, but just to smooth it out and fill it in.

I've wondered 10 years from now and this happens, and there are no more factory parts left. Just hope there are aftermarket versions to rely on? I'm keeping my original CT4 two piece versions just in case. That would be better than nothing.

I also have the OEM deflectors that I bought in January. Apparently the price had doubled since then. I’ll see what happens with the splitter price. Hopefully the dealer will give me a substantial break since I bought the car from them. This is getting ridiculous with these CF prices. I may just sell my unused deflectors and call it a day.

Your splitter damage looks repairable. I would probably just repair it, not to make it look perfect, but just to smooth it out and fill it in.
Yeah going to get it looked at but there are some chunks removed

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners