Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

We can't have nice things...

Dubbed.theB

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
"Enhanced" '23 CT4-V BW
Took my car to the dealership to get the oil changed this last Saturday and while there, the front lip took some damage.
I didn't notice the damage immediately, especially with the way the forged CF looks. Most of the actual damage is to the underside. The dealership certainly didn't mention it to me.
lip damage.jpg
underside damage.jpg

So I went back and checked my PDR recording and it confirmed they definitely were at fault...

So now the question is, what should I do about it... Contacted the service guy and will be taking it in tomorrow for the director to look at...

Ouch, that noise hurts my feels...like when my wife curbs the rims on her car.

It's an honest mistake and they should take responsibility, but there is a chance they may resist. I would start very calm and show the video and see what they say.

Took my car to the dealership to get the oil changed this last Saturday and while there, the front lip took some damage.
I didn't notice the damage immediately, especially with the way the forged CF looks. Most of the actual damage is to the underside. The dealership certainly didn't mention it to me.
View attachment 22462View attachment 22463
So I went back and checked my PDR recording and it confirmed they definitely were at fault...
View attachment 22464
So now the question is, what should I do about it... Contacted the service guy and will be taking it in tomorrow for the director to look at...

PDR for the win on that one. Without that I'm sure they would have told you to have a nice day. I once had a dealership porter absolutely demolish both rims on the passenger side on a curb while my then brand new CTS-V was there for a free oil change. They said nothing, parked it so I'd only see the driver side and sent me off with a smile. Anyone who has ever curbed a rim and who saw the extent of the damage on that one knows the sound alone must have been soul crushing. Yet nothing said. Ended up buying me two new wheels but only on my finding it and driving back there to confront them. It's hard to remember just how crooked car dealerships are when its a been a while since you've dealt with them. Just horrible.

PDR for the win on that one. Without that I'm sure they would have told you to have a nice day. I once had a dealership porter absolutely demolish both rims on the passenger side on a curb while my then brand new CTS-V was there for a free oil change. They said nothing, parked it so I'd only see the driver side and sent me off with a smile. Anyone who has ever curbed a rim and who saw the extent of the damage on that one knows the sound alone must have been soul crushing. Yet nothing said. Ended up buying me two new wheels but only on my finding it and driving back there to confront them. It's hard to remember just how crooked car dealerships are when its a been a while since you've dealt with them. Just horrible.
And many dealers put in the cheapest oil that they can find which will affect the longevity of your engine.

If I couldn't or didn't want to service my own cars (outside of warranty work), I would avoid dealerships in most cases. The Chevy dealer here where I bought my SS happens to have a very good service department and they would 100% do maintenance on the BW if I them wanted to. Also, there are many good independents that you can build a relationship with as well.

VIDEO & F!CK clearly means he wen back and reported to his supervisor right!
Obviously not, and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t immediately request a new part to repair damage. Many of these people don’t realize how low these cars are. Sorry for your dilemma I feel your pain!

Last edited:
That stinks. I would say give them a chance to make it right, but they should have been honest and told you first. That would have required the tech being honest about his error, and who expects that to happen?

I agree on your aftermarket CF it is not really seen at all. If there is no structural damage to the piece, I would get them to give you a check for a new one and pocket it.

I'm also left wondering why the hell the guy has to pull a 4 in so far. Not like it would have been sticking out if he stopped short.

Driver really wanted to see all of the parking lot before he could find the right spot.

I'm sure dealerships get accused of damaging cars all of the time, and sometimes they are not at fault. So I can see how they might push back.

My local BMW dealer will walk-around the car when you bring it in. My FIL had a 3 series that he'd bring in, and every time they would take pictures because of the existing damage (his wife kinda ran into a sign once, and he drove it onto a median and it was not, um, "pristine") and he would have a fit.

He was the kind of guy who would have a fit over anything and everything, and so they had every right to be defensive and document the car.

Of course, in this case, thank all the Gods for the PDR and it really shouldn't be a big deal to get them to own up to it and pay for a repair or replacement. AFAIK the "base" car without PDR but with the standard video recorder (at least on the CT5), does not record audio, so that might be a tougher sell.

If dealers do the walk-around when you bring it in for service, then why don’t they do the same when vehicle is returned to customer?

If dealers do the walk-around when you bring it in for service, then why don’t they do the same when vehicle is returned to customer?
That's our responsibility. Reporting anything after you've left the dealership will be an uphill battle. Hopefully not the case for @Dubbed.theB whose PDR seems to have paid for itself.

Went by the dealership, talked to the director and showed him the damage and the video and they are going to order a replacement piece from @WONT TAP to get it back to 100%.
The lot attendant that took it around back never notified anyone of the damage, so the service advisor didn't know about it.
Definitely thankful for optioning in the PDR for instances like these.
I rarely trust anyone else with my car, and after this will definitely be less likely to leave it with anyone. Literally can't trust anyone.
Guess I'll be doing my own oil changes from now on.

Good on the dealer. The bad driver was probably a dip shit kid who might have some interest in cars. Hopefully they do reprimand him in some way for not coming clean with his mistake.

Wow good thing you had the pdr on....I am never taking my car back to my dealer service department again after several bad experiences...(damaged CF lip plus damaged rear wheel)

Most porters are just nitwit kids, half the ones that work at my son's dealership are perpetually stoned

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back