Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Front lip protection?

bwblue

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
Has anyone done anything to protect the stock front splitter? I'm sure I'll scratch it at some point and was wondering if there's any way to prevent/minimize the damage. There are some things on Amazon, but they seem to protect from the bottom and not if you bottom out head-on.

I had a rubber front splitter on my previous car, and it saved me countless times, but you could see the scuffs head-on. I'm thinking the one on the BW will show damage even more prominently since it's gloss black. (This is also the reason I sadly declined the CF package, haha. I knew I'd destroy it on the roads here.)

Some of the protectors that go underneath:

Would love any tips on how to protect it! Cheers

Has anyone done anything to protect the stock front splitter? I'm sure I'll scratch it at some point and was wondering if there's any way to prevent/minimize the damage. There are some things on Amazon, but they seem to protect from the bottom and not if you bottom out head-on.

I had a rubber front splitter on my previous car, and it saved me countless times, but you could see the scuffs head-on. I'm thinking the one on the BW will show damage even more prominently since it's gloss black. (This is also the reason I sadly declined the CF package, haha. I knew I'd destroy it on the roads here.)

Some of the protectors that go underneath:

Would love any tips on how to protect it! Cheers
The Dodge boys:

Attachments

• 2019-dodge-challenger-splitter-guards_100719196_m.jpg
    2019-dodge-challenger-splitter-guards_100719196_m.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 57
I've used SLIPLO in the past with success. I have SLIPLO on my Vette now.
Good to know. That's one of the links I posted. That wouldn't prevent you from scraping when coming from a dipped driveway though, right? That's what I'm most worried about. Where I live, many parking lots dip into a V where they meet the street, so it's almost impossible to enter / exit without scraping. :/

I use SlipLo. It seems to work well. I have both CF packages and before the SlipLo I did have a couple of spots in my World that would scrape. Also a very easy install. There are 8 strips in one of their Ultra packages and I only used 2 strips. A full strip in the middle and a half strip on each side where the splitter dips and is a bit lower to the ground.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back