Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5V BW - Mamo Ported Throttle body?

Just installed it, the seat of the pants feels good. Crisper throttle response feels like it pulls stronger but who knows. Definitely good purchase just for the throttle response and getting rid of that dead spot.

The "porpoising?" Or the very slight rpm fluctuations at consistent throttle?
For me, if I let the RPM 'fluctuations' continue they would turn into the porpoising. I drove my car about 100 miles over the weekend, and that issue is gone.

No chance to dyno yet. The dyno I use only has one guy certified and he was off yesterday.

How's it been so far? Drivability, CELs, etc?

Im curious how much of a difference this makes from a drivability point of view.

I replaced the throttle body on my C7 Z06 because the response was terrible and tip in was horrendous with the manual. I actually I went ahead and also bought a controller because the throttle body didn't completely fix this. Its now perfect and I can adjust it on the fly.

The Camaro is the same (I also owned a ZL1 1LE), however I've found zero need to do so in the Blackwing.

Throttle response and tip in response with the manual are great stock, is everyone else wanting to replace the throttle body purely for future mods and gains or because they still feel the throttle response is lacking?

Im curious how much of a difference this makes from a drivability point of view.

I replaced the throttle body on my C7 Z06 because the response was terrible and tip in was horrendous with the manual. I actually I went ahead and also bought a controller because the throttle body didn't completely fix this. Its now perfect and I can adjust it on the fly.

The Camaro is the same (I also owned a ZL1 1LE), however I've found zero need to do so in the Blackwing.

Throttle response and tip in response with the manual are great stock, is everyone else wanting to replace the throttle body purely for future mods and gains or because they still feel the throttle response is lacking?
I got it hoping it will fix the fluttering/porpoising.

How's it been so far? Drivability, CELs, etc?
Put about 300 miles on the car this weekend as well as participated in an AutoX event on Sunday.

TB is rock solid. No codes or lights. Honestly can tell no difference between this and OEM except I am convinced the flutter I had is gone.

ive had this TB for probably 8 weeks maybe even longer now, still havent put it on, the joys of being a dad, just not enough hours in the day, i got it to hopefully fix that deadspot/lag right at the beginning of throttle input... did a bunch of research on the Vette forums and spoke to tony who seems like a standup guy... looking forward to throwing it on, nice to see some other guys were thinking the same thing as me

ive had this TB for probably 8 weeks maybe even longer now, still havent put it on, the joys of being a dad, just not enough hours in the day, i got it to hopefully fix that deadspot/lag right at the beginning of throttle input... did a bunch of research on the Vette forums and spoke to tony who seems like a standup guy... looking forward to throwing it on, nice to see some other guys were thinking the same thing as me
i thought the dead spot was programmed in?

i thought the dead spot was programmed in?
Well... guess i shudda known that before i bought the fkn TB!! Lol, why the hell wud they program that in?

For me, if I let the RPM 'fluctuations' continue they would turn into the porpoising. I drove my car about 100 miles over the weekend, and that issue is gone.

No chance to dyno yet. The dyno I use only has one guy certified and he was off yesterday.
Any increase? Dyno #s?

Edit: Did you cure your "proposing" with the TB?

Quick Tony Mamo story. I went to High School with Tony in Freeport, NY. He lived around the corner from me. He was a quiet guy who mostly kept to himself. He rode the school bus and didn't cause trouble with anybody. Around the end of the senior year (for him) he pulls up to school driving a gorgeous hot rodded up Chevelle (? 70's year it was), all in black. Everyone then knew what Tony was up to in his private time ! Evidently he has been a car geek his whole life and has made a successful business out of it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back