Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5V BW - Mamo Ported Throttle body?

Brandonvk

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5V Blackwing
I searched but couldn’t find anything. Has anyone installed a Mamo ported LT4 throttle body on a 5bw yet? Any issues?

I have a brand new one sitting in the garage, thinking about slapping it on and seeing what happens. My only other “mod” is a green filter. 6speed car.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

According to local legend, Global B adjusts to bolt-ons quite nicely.

I'd do it and see what results you get.

Well I put in on. Took all of 20 minutes. Drove about 5 miles so far and no issues to report.
D5E335D8-4B57-45FB-8FFB-E0AFAC713714.jpeg

What the differences with the new TB? what are the supposed gains?

Thank you. I'll have to check it out more.

edit:
Found this thread over on corvetteforum.com...

plus this post by tony@mamo...
Originally Posted by Audacious Nick
"I am highly skeptical of a TB actually picking up that much power. Do we have any other cases that support this?"

You shouldn't be....here is a guy that picked up 15 ish with my V1 design a few years ago in his 6th Gen LT4 ZL1 Camaro.

Ordered Tony Mamo Throttle body (UPDATED WITH DYNO) - CAMARO6

As good as that TB was/is, my V2 design flows significantly more air and that LT4 blower is making good use of it (it really needs more air at that power level).

Stock TB's flow right around 940 CFM.....my V1 flowed right at 1000 CFM (with solid gains in the lower and middle throttle angles which increased responsiveness and tip in reducing/eliminating the dreaded of idle lag).

My new V2 design flows 1100 CFM.....a tremendous increase in airflow over stock and a significant gain over my proven V1 design.

Better yet it also comes with just as large a gain in airspeed as well and that's the winning hand when you can design a throttle body (or a cylinder head or an intake manifold) that significantly improves both. Your practically force feeding the engine with a higher volume of air moving at a much greater rate of speed.

I should add that Internet Ninja's testing is about as scientific as it gets and his methodology for a guy that doesnt make a living doing R&D in this field was actually impressive from the way he logged all the engine parameters to the way he conducted the actual dyno testing. He kept on an eye on all the things that matter in his testing and did the runs with the same water temps and the same IAT's etc to keep all the data pertinent and valid. Reduce all the variables you can to zero. That is especially important when testing boosted cars as heat soak is always a problem and needs to be managed to get true real world results from any change your evaluating.

Im going to share some pictures of the new design here in this thread before the close of the weekend and probably launch my own thread regarding this product very soon so I can try and keep the bulk of the information in a single thread so its easier to manage and send people to that are interested.

in the last six months or so, I have invested the better part of whatever time I could allocate to R&D focused on this product....that's a fact. And while it took alot longer than I hoped because I couldn't leave well enough alone, the results just posted certainly helps make me feel the extra effort and time invested was well worth it.

Looking forward to some data from other customers I have helped as well but I can tell you that all the guys that have tried my new V2 design have been really pleased with it.

Cheers guys

cheers2.gif

Tony

Last edited:
Basically he said there was a slight chance the LT4 version would throw a code because it flows more air than the LT1 version. He based this on his experience with the CTS-V3.

We talked for about 15 minutes. After explaining the Kong TB doesn't throw codes, he suggested the LT4 version and said if it caused any issues he would swap at no charge.

Super nice guy. Happy to be doing business with him. Ordered the part last night and he already shipped it this morning.

I have HP Tuners and a Autel scanner. So I am going to install and send him logs.

a larger TB will not throw codes.
That's what I gather also. I appreciated the fact that he didn't just say, 'yeah, it'll work fine'. He wanted to take a few minutes and have a conversation.

I will eventually go with Tapout and the Kong TB/SC, but this is a tiny, interim step.

Thank you MatthewAMEL, that’s good news. I have one it’s been sitting in the box. Hopefully get it on this week.

Thanks again

That's what I gather also. I appreciated the fact that he didn't just say, 'yeah, it'll work fine'. He wanted to take a few minutes and have a conversation.

I will eventually go with Tapout and the Kong TB/SC, but this is a tiny, interim step.
I have their TB, ported SC, smaller pulley, and catless long tube headers and so far 3300 miles in, no codes

Please report back your TB only experiences, I'm curious.

I have their TB, ported SC, smaller pulley, and catless long tube headers and so far 3300 miles in, no codes
the headers not throwing codes is def the one that is very surprising

TB installed. Took 20 minutes and a 7mm and 10mm socket.

I removed the airbox tube just to give room to access the bottom right bolt.

Two start cycles and about 10 miles so far. No codes. Used my reader...readiness is still set.

Nicely ported unit. He did lip, interior ridge, backside, TB plate and the bar/screws.

IMG_1032.jpg
IMG_1033.jpgIMG_1035.jpg

Nope. Dyno on Monday.

I did notice that the weird partial throttle flutter I had at around 1,800-2,000 rpm seems to be gone.
What's your baseline? Dyno before mod? If so, what was you hot pull? You experienced, flutter on the track? On track or daily spirited drives?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back