Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing wheel specs?

Can you elaborate?

Has anyone confirmed the offset for factory 4BW wheels? I‘ve seen elsewhere someone claiming both front and rear were ET32.

to be fair Steve....Cadillac screwed up when they designed the factory wheels....they're ugly IMO, but I also like big open wheels to show off the calipers...all of the Blackwing choices are way too busy for me.
It could have been much worse. The first generation CTS-Vs had 6 lug wheels (probably a similar predicament for Vipers). It was an order of magnitude in difficulty for people to find aftermarket rims with a car with a truck bolt pattern. Eventually, a couple wheel options were developed and hub swap kits (04-07 CTS-V 5 LUG SWAP - Creative Steel).
The first gens were very much like a Tim Allen hot rodding project using off-the-shelf components from Corvettes to trucks but without them we probably wouldn't have the Blackwings today.:p

It could have been much worse. The first generation CTS-Vs had 6 lug wheels (probably a similar predicament for Vipers). It was an order of magnitude in difficulty for people to find aftermarket rims with a car with a truck bolt pattern. Eventually, a couple wheel options were developed and hub swap kits (04-07 CTS-V 5 LUG SWAP - Creative Steel).
The first gens were very much like a Tim Allen hot rodding project using off-the-shelf components from Corvettes to trucks but without them we probably wouldn't have the Blackwings today.:p
Great info… had no idea as this is my first caddy , when i get it…. Hopefully in early december But just the same, i want a custom set of wheels …. Just a matter of time until someone who feels the same, goes in and has the wheel well area scanned and i will have choices…. This will be the only mod i want….

Lmao ... my wife and family know this is a busy time, we lived through this on ATS-V and CTS-V and are comitted as a family to the badge lol

The CT4 specs are identical to ATS-V sedan.

not sure what you mean square set up, tires or wheels, you cant run square wheels due to offsets and widths being different. Also the front to rear tire width is 20mm diff but wheels are half inch so not really good to stretch the front that much on wider wheel.
@Mirza Grebovic, regarding 4BW wheel specs, it appears the optional “RRR” tech bronze wheels or maybe the proposed Mg option match the ATS-V 28mm front offset and 48mm rear offset specs based on the attached dealer parts department photo. The R38 standard wheels and the R37 optional satin graphite wheels appear to be 32mm offset front and rear. My car was ordered with the R37 graphite option and has a TPW of 10/18. I live in MI and would like to get aftermarket wheels ordered ASAP. Is there some way of confirming what offset I need?
F7D55B1B-18CD-420C-8BC7-ABF1A5BC800F.jpeg

Last edited:
@Mirza Grebovic, regarding 4BW wheel specs, it appears the optional “RRR” tech bronze wheels or maybe the proposed Mg option match the ATS-V 28mm front offset and 48mm rear offset specs based on the attached dealer parts department photo. The R38 standard wheels and the R37 optional satin graphite wheels appear to be 32mm offset front and rear. My car was ordered with the R37 graphite option and has a TPW of 10/18. I live in MI and would like to get aftermarket wheels ordered ASAP. Is there some way of confirming what offset I need? View attachment 5354
They are all exactly the same specs so must be some print errors somewhere. I will check. The offsets are on the inside of the wheel as well and I posted soecs somewhere here in the forum.

They are all exactly the same specs so must be some print errors somewhere. I will check. The offsets are on the inside of the wheel as well and I posted soecs somewhere here in the forum.
Thanks Mirza, your help is appreciated. If anyone has their 4BW already and have looked at the inside of their wheels (satin graphite preferably) for offset specs please let us know.

The 4 blackwing wheel specs are (no matter if bronze or any other rpo all three rpos same)

Front: 18x9x28-J
Rear: 18x9.5x48-J

Ats-v sedan exact same size and offsets.

Ct5-v blackwing

Front: 19x10x20-J
Rear:19x11x50-J

Great question and the answer is maybe. Keep in mind the brake package got bigger on CT4-V Blackwing, it went to 380mm OD rotors front from 370mm rotors. In order to do this, the team had to put more clearance into the barrel design by pushing it more into the tire air gap. This allowed the caliper to move out further a few millimeters as well while keeping a sufficient gap per their standards. Similar trick on rear.

As such, the maybe answer and would require some trial and error. I am certain they will fit but the gap to your caliper will decrease significantly, now gravel, rocks and snow/ice have more of a chance getting caught between wheel and caliper and cause rubbing against an aluminum wheel barrel.

The safest bet is a back up OEM wheel set with winter tires, the wheels shouldn't be that expensive from service and considering being forged and tested for impact durability to OEM standards its kind of what you want in winter.

Going to have to try my V2 coupe wheels from My SS whenever this thing comes if they don't get sold with it. I had them painted a little darker than nardo grey. I wonder what they'd look like on electric blue. Maybe make it my drag set-up

The safest bet is a back up OEM wheel set with winter tires, the wheels shouldn't be that expensive from service and considering being forged and tested for impact durability to OEM standards its kind of what you want in winter.
I got a quote of right around $4k for a set of OEM 5BW wheels. :oops: And at least one, possibly two of the RPOs are on backorder.

Great question and the answer is maybe. Keep in mind the brake package got bigger on CT4-V Blackwing, it went to 380mm OD rotors front from 370mm rotors. In order to do this, the team had to put more clearance into the barrel design by pushing it more into the tire air gap. This allowed the caliper to move out further a few millimeters as well while keeping a sufficient gap per their standards. Similar trick on rear.

As such, the maybe answer and would require some trial and error. I am certain they will fit but the gap to your caliper will decrease significantly, now gravel, rocks and snow/ice have more of a chance getting caught between wheel and caliper and cause rubbing against an aluminum wheel barrel.

Do you happen to know what the measurement from the center of the hub to the outside of the caliper is? I have some leftover forgeline 17s that i used and fit on my v3 and was wondering if there is a chance they will fit the Ct5 BW. Thanks

Does anyone know if stock corvette c8 wheels will work with the ct5 blackwing? The pattern is 5x120 but the tears are 20” and I don’t know the offset

Does anyone know if stock corvette c8 wheels will work with the ct5 blackwing? The pattern is 5x120 but the tears are 20” and I don’t know the offset

Never say never...but, never.

The C8 has 19" up front and 20" in the rear. On GM products, unless the ECU has been programmed to allow for different wheel sizes, it'll hork up a hairball and throw 'service axle' codes.

Also, the C8 has so much room in the wheel well it has absurd offsets for the C8 Z51 wheel.

Front = ET52
Rear = ET64

I believe the lugs are larger OD on the Cadillac than the corvettes. So the 5x120 doesnt really mean much if the studs are smaller and use smaller lugs.

Never say never...but, never.

The C8 has 19" up front and 20" in the rear. On GM products, unless the ECU has been programmed to allow for different wheel sizes, it'll hork up a hairball and throw 'service axle' codes.

Also, the C8 has so much room in the wheel well it has absurd offsets for the C8 Z51 wheel.

Front = ET52
Rear = ET64
If the diameter hasn't changed there shouldn't be a problem. If it were AWD, I would agree.

I believe the lugs are larger OD on the Cadillac than the corvettes. So the 5x120 doesnt really mean much if the studs are smaller and use smaller lugs.
I don’t have my C8 any more to check but I wonder if the C8 studs are the same diameter. I know both use a larger 21mm socket to remove the lug nuts whereas the C7 and prior were 19mm.

Interesting, my c6 z06 and i know c7s used m12s i believe.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back