Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing Extended Warranty Pricing

buddybash

For those who purchased the extended warranty, can you share the cost you paid versus the cost offered? Also, can you include the coverage you selected + term?

Thanks

Might want to include how many miles at time of extended warranty purchase if not new as that affects the price.

I emailed Todd Southerland and talked to James Black Cadillac. Todd will send you prices per email where James would like you to call in. Both are within a couple of dollars of each other. I ended up going with platinum zero deductible 84 months/56,000 miles for $1611
I was told prices go up next month about 2%. There is a lot of choices, deductible amount, mileage and length of warranty.

my local dealer threw me a unlimited warranty in time but 50k miles for $3300. Warranty service had to be done at dealership. Are these warranties people buying specifically through Cadillac?

my local dealer threw me a unlimited warranty in time but 50k miles for $3300. Warranty service had to be done at dealership. Are these warranties people buying specifically through Cadillac?
Yikes. That’s a lot for not much coverage.

It’s a GM Extended warranty that can be used at any dealership. It shows in GMs system as a new warranty expiration date. You can shop around for best price.

I ended up going with platinum zero deductible 84 months/56,000 miles for $1611
Just to confirm, total of 84 months and total of 56,000 miles. Not additional time and miles to the 48/50K, correct? That seems like a deal! Maybe it's something to look into.

Just to confirm, total of 84 months and total of 56,000 miles. Not additional time and miles to the 48/50K, correct? That seems like a deal! Maybe it's something to look into.
Correct, 84 months from the day i purchased and 56,000 miles total

I emailed Todd today. I'm VERY surprised at the prices. I think I'll buy one, but not sure which one. Also, for anyone thinking about it, he told me prices go up in October. Prices also increase when you hit 12K miles and 24K miles. As @DaytonOH CT 5 BW said, the plan you buy starts when you buy it. In other words, if you buy a 84/56, your 84 months start when you buy it (today). You then add 56K to your current mileage. It gives you a FULL 84 months from when you buy, not 48 plus 36 to get 84. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Just purchased a new 5BW on Tuesday. 7 year/100k was $4100. I passed, but figured I’d share incase it’s helpful to others. IMO 3 years of additional coverage isn’t worth over $4k, and I’ll never hit 100k miles.

Just purchased a new 5BW on Tuesday. 7 year/100k was $4100. I passed, but figured I’d share incase it’s helpful to others. IMO 3 years of additional coverage isn’t worth over $4k, and I’ll never hit 100k miles.
Keep in mind you can shop around for the warranty. That same coverage (7/100k) from the place where I got mine would be $2145.

I'm curious if anyone knows if these aftermarket warranties offer overlapping coverage alongside the factory warranty period?

For those who prefer warranty work at an Indy shop in lieu of the dealership?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back