Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing - 771 whp on Pump Gas!

WONT TAP

Seasoned Member
Supporting Vendor
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 ATS-V A8, 2018 ATS-V M6, 2022 CT4-V Blackwing A10
We installed a ported supercharger, ported throttle body and GPI cam package on this CT5-V Blackwing . It already had a set of Kooks headers installed as well as a custom cat-back exhaust, but needed a little more bite to go along with the bark.After completing the parts installation and getting the car on the dyno, this CT5-V Blackwing picked up more than 150 whp over stock! We can assure you that this is one car you don’t want to mess with if you come across him on the street!

Specs on the cam?
GPI doesn't publish their cam specifications. Here's what they say about this one:

This is the perfect cam for the hardcore street / strip enthusiast, and makes more torque and horsepower than our L83 PD1 and L83 PD2 cams. Very strong to 7000 RPM. Track tested, developed, and proven! Requires a 3000+ RPM Converter, and 0* phaser limiter.

GPI doesn't publish their cam specifications. Here's what they say about this one:

This is the perfect cam for the hardcore street / strip enthusiast, and makes more torque and horsepower than our L83 PD1 and L83 PD2 cams. Very strong to 7000 RPM. Track tested, developed, and proven! Requires a 3000+ RPM Converter, and 0* phaser limiter.
Thanks for the info! Without knowing at least lift and LSA I don't know how I could choose a cam based on "hardcore street / strip"..

Thanks for the info! Without knowing at least lift and LSA I don't know how I could choose a cam based on "hardcore street / strip"..
We trusted the manufacturer who has already done all the research and development, and sold hundreds of LT4 blower cams. And the result was excellent.

While I respect a companies right to keep their hard developed info to themselves...if the lift is +.600 on stock valvetrain, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

While I respect a companies right to keep their hard developed info to themselves...if the lift is +.600 on stock valvetrain, it's a disaster waiting to happen.
We agree. That's why we don't cut any corners in our builds.

For this one, we installed the camshaft with oversized fuel lobe, HPFP lash cap, BT Racing valve springs and titanium retainers, hardened pushrods, phase limiter plug, AFM delete lifters, MLS head gaskets, ARP head studs, new harmonic balancer and camshaft bolts, lifter trays and CHE trunnion upgrades.

We agree. That's why we don't cut any corners in our builds.

For this one, we installed the camshaft with oversized fuel lobe, HPFP lash cap, BT Racing valve springs and titanium retainers, hardened pushrods, phase limiter plug, AFM delete lifters, MLS head gaskets, ARP head studs, new harmonic balancer and camshaft bolts, lifter trays and CHE trunnion upgrades.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Very nice work. Did it need any fuel system mods to support the power ?

Also any cooling upgrades?

And that idle is so so mean, I have that part on repeat on my headphones.

For Christmas dinner this video is going to replace the "cozy Christmas yule logs" loop. Sounds sooo good...all the noises.

Very nice work. Did it need any fuel system mods to support the power ?

Also any cooling upgrades?

And that idle is so so mean, I have that part on repeat on my headphones.
No fuel system upgrades were required for this build, since he's still running pump gas. However, the cam does include a modified fuel lobe, so that boost high side fuel system capacity. There are also no cooling system mods on this one.

The one we're doing next will have fuel system modifications to support E85, and some basic cooling system upgrades as well.

Tapout, the build your doing next week is it a manual?

Also when you say “phase limiter plug” does that mean it has no phase limiter?

I’ve been speaking with Mike about this package just concerned about cam surge under 2,000 rpm’s on the highway

Thanks in advance

Tapout, the build your doing next week is it a manual?

Also when you say “phase limiter plug” does that mean it has no phase limiter?

I’ve been speaking with Mike about this package just concerned about cam surge under 2,000 rpm’s on the highway

Thanks in advance
We didn't detect any low rpm surging in the first A10 car. This week's car also has A10 transmission.

We are disabling the variable valve timing (VVT) in these engines when we upgrade the camshafts.

Exciting times! Glad you guys have done a couple now. Still need to get my car tuned! I'm certain you have learned a few things about the motors at this point. Looking forward to getting a tune from you guys on mine in the near future.

Side note, you guys working on a intake drop in fuel system or will we have to drill the tank for a AUX pump?

Curious when I get a tune to see if I'm already out of fuel!

Exciting times! Glad you guys have done a couple now. Still need to get my car tuned! I'm certain you have learned a few things about the motors at this point. Looking forward to getting a tune from you guys on mine in the near future.

Side note, you guys working on a intake drop in fuel system or will we have to drill the tank for a AUX pump?

Curious when I get a tune to see if I'm already out of fuel!
Sounds good. We'll be here when you're ready. :)

Yes, we are working with JLT on an intake system. Should be released by spring.

DSX has an auxiliary LPFP available now. We're installing the first one today actually.

Any plans to integrate this into future builds? Looks like it finally solves the fuel starvation issues with LT4/E85.

Any plans to integrate this into future builds? Looks like it finally solves the fuel starvation issues with LT4/E85.

Yes, we'll be happy to include this if the customer wants it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back