Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing - 771 whp on Pump Gas!

Is the fuel pump the only limiting factor in the fuel system or would injectors be needed as well if going full E85?
Depending on what whp you are targeting. Anything over ~700whp would require +30, over 850whp, +65.

No fuel system upgrades were required for this build, since he's still running pump gas. However, the cam does include a modified fuel lobe, so that boost high side fuel system capacity. There are also no cooling system mods on this one.

The one we're doing next will have fuel system modifications to support E85, and some basic cooling system upgrades as well.
Are you doing a port fuel setup to support E85? I'd love to get my 5BW to 800+ whp one of these days but still enjoying the break in process.

Are you doing a port fuel setup to support E85? I'd love to get my 5BW to 800+ whp one of these days but still enjoying the break in process.
These cars won't need port injection to hit 800 whp.

Depending on what whp you are targeting. Anything over ~700whp would require +30, over 850whp, +65.
I was thinking more 730-740 whp before needing injectors. But I will find out in the next few weeks.

What allows this particular car in the video to have so much supercharger whine? Is it the ported blower or a different intake?

Also, is it possible to only run aftermarket camshafts and a tune? I love a slightly lopey idle sound 😍 Car in the video sounds terrifying!

What allows this particular car in the video to have so much supercharger whine? Is it the ported blower or a different intake?

Also, is it possible to only run aftermarket camshafts and a tune? I love a slightly lopey idle sound 😍 Car in the video sounds terrifying!
Any time you port the blower or run a smaller pulley, the supercharger becomes more audible. Removing the internal baffle from the supercharger lid really really releases the whine.

Yes, you can do a camshaft, valve springs and a tune. Feel free to email me directly at ScottC@TapoutTuning.com for a quote.

Nothing like this (congrats BTW) but I miss my little supercharged MR2. I love how superchagers give you that immediate torque and push and give a more linear power delivery (vs most turbos).

4 BW is very linear with building power up top...but I wish it had more low end grunt (though I realize being RWD this had issues vs AWD put all the power down vs spinning wheels etc). Still...my 4 BW often feels slow to me as I've gotten used to the turbo slam in my GTI and previous Audi. I certainly like the idea of more up top power like you guys do with your various belt packages....but its a shame it doesn't do much in the lower RPMs which is more usable IMO daily...

I certainly like the idea of more up top power like you guys do with your various belt packages....but its a shame it doesn't do much in the lower RPMs which is more usable IMO daily...
If you look at the dyno charts for the CT5-V Blackwings we're building and tuning, you'll notice they're producing 600 to 700 foot-pounds of torque (at the wheels!) within a couple hundred rpms of when we floor the cars. So believe me when I tell you there is no shortage of usable low end power whatsoever.

Certainly for the 5 (supercharged)...but for the 4 it seems that most of the noticeable gains are up top. It is what it is I guess....but the old Carol Shelby adage - Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races. We all get enamored with high horsepower numbers and 1/4 mile times and such - and thats all well and good and what many folks are after. But to me - daily driving usability with immediate in gear passing ooomph and such is more desirable as I'm not a track or drag-strip driver. Not saying your tunes are useless....not at all - I get what your doing and like what I see....perhaps at some point...but I'm still getting to know the (stock) car and it has plenty fun potential just as is...sure I'd like a bit more...someday...

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners