Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4V BW PPF - who has done it, and what panels

@OldGoat PPF is pretty new for me. I am very curious to see its self-healing attribute under warm sunlight.
Same results can be had with a heat gun if you don't overdo it. I haven't done it but have seen video of shop using steel wool on film and using heat gun to reflow film. Pretty impressive. I'm a firm believer in it. Last DD prior to using film looked like front bumper was sandblasted and headlights were all fogged/yellowing.

I'm new to PPF and ceramic coats but thought it prudent to do both on the Caddy. So far it looks great and I'm hopeful for all the benefits described in the above posts. The shop that applied it for me did a great job and included a very expansive Gretich? sample set of cleaners and such. I also have purchased a water softer filter for my hose and upgraded my cleaning mitts and towels. Haven't washed it yet - don't drive all that much anymore - just starting to show a bit dirty - so this week (when it warms up a bit) i may have to give it its first wash...

D
I'm new to PPF and ceramic coats but thought it prudent to do both on the Caddy. So far it looks great and I'm hopeful for all the benefits described in the above posts. The shop that applied it for me did a great job and included a very expansive Gretich? sample set of cleaners and such. I also have purchased a water softer filter for my hose and upgraded my cleaning mitts and towels. Haven't washed it yet - don't drive all that much anymore - just starting to show a bit dirty - so this week (when it warms up a bit) i may have to give it its first wash...
Drive around the block leaves brake dust.🥺
I bought a ceramic kit off Autogeek.com and did my wheels made a tremendous difference. Think it's time for a recoat. Brake dust would come off with no agitation using a 1200psi electric power washer. Water softer filter should make a difference. Small cartridge style may not last too long.
Search early threads, a few guys have pretty serious setups out there. Indoor mounted power washers, reel hose. Dedicated water filtration systems.

D

Drive around the block leaves brake dust.🥺
I bought a ceramic kit off Autogeek.com and did my wheels made a tremendous difference. Think it's time for a recoat. Brake dust would come off with no agitation using a 1200psi electric power washer. Water softer filter should make a difference. Small cartridge style may not last too long.
Search early threads, a few guys have pretty serious setups out there. Indoor mounted power washers, reel hose. Dedicated water filtration systems.
Which coating did you buy of autogeek? Xpel wanted $450 to coat my wheels and I said no. I'm comfortable doing it myself I just don't know which one to purchase.

Here is a few pics of the car finished.

Attachments

• IMG_6596.jpeg
    IMG_6596.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6574.jpeg
    IMG_6574.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6569.jpeg
    IMG_6569.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6555.jpeg
    IMG_6555.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6553.jpeg
    IMG_6553.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6547.jpeg
    IMG_6547.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 24
Which coating did you buy of autogeek? Xpel wanted $450 to coat my wheels and I said no. I'm comfortable doing it myself I just don't know which one to purchase.
Amazon now carries the line. Pretty easy to apply but that bottle is just enough to do rims only. It will probably take longer to thoroughly clean the rims. I pulled wheels to clean and apply as it's really the only way to coat backside and rim barrels.

Amazon now carries the line. Pretty easy to apply but that bottle is just enough to do rims only. It will probably take longer to thoroughly clean the rims. I pulled wheels to clean and apply as it's really the only way to coat backside and rim barrels.
Thank you! I've read good reviews of that product even before you linked it. Good to hear some real world experience.

Pan just did a new video regarding wheel ceramic coating. It is about doing them on the car, but he mentions several brands to use

I'm no expert, but I can't say I agree with him that heat resistance makes wheel specific products beneficial. I agree with DIY that wheels shouldn't get so much heat that it would affect a ceramic coating

Anyway, these may help if you're doing it on your own. Regardless, it sounds like the coatings don't last more than about a year no matter what you use.

Pan just did a new video regarding wheel ceramic coating. It is about doing them on the car, but he mentions several brands to use

I'm no expert, but I can't say I agree with him that heat resistance makes wheel specific products beneficial. I agree with DIY that wheels shouldn't get so much heat that it would affect a ceramic coating

Anyway, these may help if you're doing it on your own. Regardless, it sounds like the coatings don't last more than about a year no matter what you use.
I concur to the year lifespan. My car is garaged has been caught in the rain a few times, not driven in cold weather and will 2 years be in my possession as of June.

Has anyone used Premium Shield PPF? A shop near me just quoted $1,200 for the front end, and another $300 for the rockers. Another place quoted me $2,500 for Xpel doing front end and rockers.

Another place quoted me $2,500 for Xpel doing front end and rockers.
If you're talking complete front end and rockers, that sounds like a decent deal to me.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back