Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4V BW PPF - who has done it, and what panels

Disclaimer: Picture laden.

I had the complete front end, high impact sides (lower body line down), mirrors and all four door handle cups wrapped in PPF. Also had the wheels, brakes calipers and all exterior glass ceramic coated. All in, the bill came to just shy of $4800 including sales tax. I've had it on numerous other performance vehicles over the years. In my opinion, it's money well spent. Don't ask me how I know!

Just picked mine up with the exact same coverage. Xpel Ultimate full front and lower impact (or maybe it's rear impact?) area coverage.

I also asked for just the a-pillars from Xpel's roof kit. I hate that I have a line on my a-pillar now, but love that it won't take a rock chip and that I can guilt-free use it to hoist myself out of the car by grabbing on.

One benefit I don't see a lot of people talking about is safe washing or easy washing. Any area covered simply won't pick up swirls from the washing/drying process. I use all the techniques to minimize swirling (clean towels, plenty of lubrication, drying with a blower), but it's inevitable.

Finally, I plan on doing my own paint correction on the un-PPF'd areas, so the good news is that they've shrunk quite a bit due to all the lower rocker coverage.

My 5BW is going in on Monday for a complete car PPF. My car spends 90% of its life outside and I'm not taking the chance at damaging the paint. Total for the entire car at XPEL with their fusion line (ceramic impregnated PPF or something like that) is $6500ish

My 5BW is going in on Monday for a complete car PPF. My car spends 90% of its life outside and I'm not taking the chance at damaging the paint. Total for the entire car at XPEL with their fusion line (ceramic impregnated PPF or something like that) is $6500ish
That sounds like a steal.

Had the car fitted with XPEL Ultimate Plus PPF on the full front end, A-pillars, roofline, and door caps when I first bought it. Two months in, with the roads deteriorating in the Philadelphia area and dump trucks dominating my commute, I decided to go back and add side rockers and a full ceramic coating (XPEL Fusion). After taxes, the total came to $5.2k. I’m pretty happy with the result. The car looks really shiny, and the PPF is barely noticeable.

Mine is in the process...should have it next week. Picked up the car from the dealership last Tuesday and it has been in the shop for full car stealth PPF, all carbon fiber is getting PPF in glossy PPF...will be ceramic coated and the entire inside will be coated as well. Back of CF seats will be PPF as well...

Looking for some gloss black rims to complete the look...

May just powder coat the factory wheels...but we will see.

Also looking to paint the cailbers...not sure what color yet.
IMG_6466.jpeg

@FoleyAMG keep us posted with the end result. Would love to see how the stealth PPF looks on the Velocity Red. I've also been considering painting the calibers, but not sure of the color. I have a VR 4BW with tech bronze rims and grey calibers... gold is not an option given the rims and I do not like red calibers in general.

What's the typical shelf-life for PPF before it has to be removed/replaced?

I was told that 5+ years. They say it can last up to 10 years, but imagine the condition of that film? Has to be beat to shit by then if you daily it.

I was told that 5+ years. They say it can last up to 10 years, but imagine the condition of that film? Has to be beat to shit by then if you daily it.
So about $1K+/year unless you have a garage queen.

So about $1K+/year unless you have a garage queen.
Well, you may not need to do the entire car after 5 years. I would assume the front would be pretty beaten up after 5 years.

The shop that installed PPF on my car has a 10 year warranty on clear and 7 year on satin.

The xpel that I'm getting on right now is a 10 year warranty. It will be replaced piece by piece if there is damage but that does not extend the warranty at all.

Xpel also has a program that requires me (because I chose the ceramic impregnated PPF ultra fusion) that I have to go back every year for a wash and touch up of any ceramic that may have deteriorated. This is required to keep the warranty.

Depends on the quality of the film. I have always gotten XPEL ultimate which has a 10 year warranty. It is a “self healing” film which means it’s supposed to cure itself in the sunlight. I had my Focus RS ppf’d immediately after I bought it new and had it for 5 years and the film was great, looked just as good as when it was done initially. It was my daily driver and track toy. I put 36K miles on it and the Illinois expressway will eat your paint but that car had no rock chips despite getting a cracked windshield from a rock. It’s well worth the investment.

I'll throw in here. Dealer installed I believe SunTek PPF on hood, front fenders, bumper cover. I added A pillars and roof up to sunroof opening. Once car was delivered to me I went to local installer and had him add headlights, door sills, black B pillars, and door pockets.
Dealer package to which was already added including interior was a $2000 option. My local guy didn't charge my for small add-ons as he's done several of my vehicles.
I've done every car I've owned since 2014 when my Audi dealer introduced me to it on a RS5 I purchased. Prices have varied from $1200-$1800.
My DD Civic Si has 66k on it and other than small stone impact that left a small dent and tear in film still looks brand new. Bird dropping, sap even had drops of fluid parking under my Vette on lift have not affected film.
Both Xpel and SunTek have 10 year warranty

In addition to the quality of the film as noted earlier, it also depends on how you take care of it. Once you PPF you should been washing the car every few weeks using appropriate products and techniques. Also important not to let bird droppings, bugs, etc. on the ppf for long periods of time. These rules apply to non-ppfed cars as well if you want to maintain the paint. Adding some sealant (e.g. ceramic coating) on top would help extending its life.

In addition to the quality of the film as noted above, it also depends on how you take care of it. Once you PPF you should been washing the car every few weeks using appropriate products and techniques. Also important not to let bird droppings, bugs, etc. on the ppf for long periods of time. These rules apply to non-ppfed cars as well if you want to maintain the paint. Adding some sealant (e.g. ceramic coating) on top would help extending its life.
Beauty of PPF is any etching from bird dropping disappear after cleaning and a dose of warm sunlight

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back