Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PPF, Ceramic coating and interior protection??

ajamils

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-BW (Sold)
Looks like the cars are finally starting to move so I would like start the discussion about post delivery plan. I have never gotten my car protected with coating or ppf other than the front bra that I got installed on my Subaru Legacy GT. I usually only get tints and that's it.

Since CT4-BW is going to be the most expensive car I've ever owned and I plan on keeping it for a while I am thinking about getting the following done.
- PPF on the whole front plus side mirrors
- Ceramic coating on the whole car (including headlights, taillights, and windshield)

So I reached out to a local detailer and had a lengthy conversation about different products and they offer the following

PPF
- Suntek Ultra (Basic Level)
- S-TEK DYNOShield (Premium Level)

Ceramic Coating
- Gtechniq Crystal Serum (Basic Level)
- Nanolex Si3D HD and Modesta BC-08 (Mid Level)
- Modesta BC-04 Nano-Titanium Coating (Premium level)

In addition, he also suggested to look at Modesta Wheel and Leather coating. Since I got the "Cool Sky Gray" interior, I am definitely interested in leather coating, if indeed it works as advertised.

I have no opinion or experience with any of those but I from my discussion with the guy he did seem trustworthy and they have been in business since 2007 and most of cars that they work on are high end exotics.

What do you guys suggest? I would specially like to know from people who have any experience with the above products.

I had really positive results with Gtechniq Crystal Ultimate. I can't say if their 'lower' coatings are just as worth it. Not heard of any of the others.

I'm having my 5bw done with a full front PPF from Xpel along with their ceramic coating. I too have the grey interior, but am not going to bother with interior coatings. I've had light interiors before in the past and keeping them clean isn't really that difficult if you actually do it every so often. Condition the leather 2 or 3 times a year. Do your laundry on a regular basis, stuff like that.

I had a conversation with a chemist who developed coatings for factory car paint, he told me that wax and ceramic coating are both a waste, he says he just double bucket washes it and doesn't dry it due to the scratching that occurs from drying. He said he would do this the day before it rained and let it sit out in the rain.

Waxing and polishing was bad for the paint according to him. Hydrophobic surfaces cause water to bead up in the same spots each time because they form little grooves on the wax/ceramic coating, which gives you water spots.

I'll still probably end up getting front ppf and ceramic coating, but it does make me wonder...

I had a conversation with a chemist who developed coatings for factory car paint, he told me that wax and ceramic coating are both a waste, he says he just double bucket washes it and doesn't dry it due to the scratching that occurs from drying. He said he would do this the day before it rained and let it sit out in the rain.

Waxing and polishing was bad for the paint according to him. Hydrophobic surfaces cause water to bead up in the same spots each time because they form little grooves on the wax/ceramic coating, which gives you water spots.

I'll still probably end up getting front ppf and ceramic coating, but it does make me wonder...
Yeah, maybe. There very well may be contradicting science behind it

What I can tell you though, empirically, it takes WAY less time to clean a coated car in my experience while getting it to that same 'just waxed' level of clean.

I had really positive results with Gtechniq Crystal Ultimate. I can't say if their 'lower' coatings are just as worth it. Not heard of any of the others.

I'm having my 5bw done with a full front PPF from Xpel along with their ceramic coating. I too have the grey interior, but am not going to bother with interior coatings. I've had light interiors before in the past and keeping them clean isn't really that difficult if you actually do it every so often. Condition the leather 2 or 3 times a year. Do your laundry on a regular basis, stuff like that.
Agreed gtechniq 9 year for the win!!! Also add ppf under door open handles, rockers and partial roof imoa

Yeah, maybe. There very well may be contradicting science behind it

What I can tell you though, empirically, it takes WAY less time to clean a coated car in my experience while getting it to that same 'just waxed' level of clean.
Which is gonna be super important since my car is going to be black. I really think I'll need to get the ceramic coating, still undecided about ppf...

Which is gonna be super important since my car is going to be black. I really think I'll need to get the ceramic coating, still undecided about ppf...
Yes to PPF on a black car. However, do full front (or entire car). Don't do bikini cut on the front. You will see the seam running across the hood.

I plan to do PPF at least in the high impact areas, probably top level ceramic, and then some sort of fancy tint. Undecided on the interior protection, but may see what they have for the CF pieces/seat backs and other surfaces besides the seat cushion. Also probably ceramic the wheels.
Company I’m going with is Hyer Quality Detail in Tempe, AZ if anyone is in that area and looking
ACD673EA-589D-4FFE-892C-8A6FD03CCDFE.jpg

So I understand about the ceramic coating on painted surfaces and wheels but what is this coating on the leather seats? Anybody has any experience with it? Is it just some kind of conditioning or does it actually protects it? I've never owned a car with this light color interior so kinda paranoid about keeping it clean and spots free.

So I understand about the ceramic coating on painted surfaces and wheels but what is this coating on the leather seats? Anybody has any experience with it? Is it just some kind of conditioning or does it actually protects it? I've never owned a car with this light color interior so kinda paranoid about keeping it clean and spots free.
I’m definitely considering getting something put on just to the Sky Cool Gray areas.

Something that I learned this time around is that the ceramic coating put on PPF is not the same as the ceramic coating put on paint. Not in product nor in price.

What I'm having done to my girl!

I'm have LLumar Valor film put on my BW (Full Car)
Full hood
Full roof + A-Pillars
Full front & rear bumpers + front splitter + rear diffuser
Full doors, trunk & B pillars
Full headlight & Trim
Full rockers panels + side skirts
Full fenders
Full roof rails & quarter panels

Windows:
LLumar air 80 film on front windshield
LLumar IRX on front, rear, and back glass

Ceramic coating:

Wheel faces, barrels, and calipers
Exposed trim
Front grill
tailpipes
All glass surfaces

I think that should work... They will get the car this Saturday afternoon and give it back to me in approximately 10 day.. That's going to be another long wait!

Similar but not quite as extensive. Doing full front, hood, headlights, rockers, a-pillar in PPF. Full exterior ceramic incl. windows, wheels, calipers, exhaust tips. Interior protection on leather surface and 20% tint on sides/back. Should take about 7 days. And considering that the car will have been on a train and multiple car carriers anyway, I'm going to drive it to the detailer instead of trailering it.

I've decided to drive mine to.. I'm going to just have my dealer hold the car until Saturday morning then straight to detailer.. My car came off the truck dirty as hell so I'm leaving all interior plastic on it and let the shop take care of business...

Attachments

• IMG_3210.jpg
    IMG_3210.jpg
    804.6 KB · Views: 122
I've decided to drive mine to.. I'm going to just have my dealer hold the car until Saturday morning then straight to detailer.. My car came off the truck dirty as hell so I'm leaving all interior plastic on it and let the shop take care of business...
With all of the road construction we have around here, I will be dry-running the route to make sure I avoid any high risk roads. My wife thinks I have absolutely lost my mind. :)

Side note, are the a-pillars Alcantara? From the picture above it looks like they might be.

With all of the road construction we have around here, I will be dry-running the route to make sure I avoid any high risk roads. My wife thinks I have absolutely lost my mind. :)

Side note, are the a-pillars Alcantara? From the picture above it looks like they might be.
Yes they are if I remember right....My wife thought I lost my mind months ago...LOL, my wife had a 15 hr day yesterday and when she came home and we went to bed she said tell me about the car and as I was about 3 mins into it she fell asleep, lol.... To her it's just a car..

Between Modesta and Holy Grail Nano Ceramic Coating, any idea which one is better?

I have narrowed it down to two detailers near me and each of them offer completely different line of products so it is difficult to compare pricing.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back