Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4V BW PPF - who has done it, and what panels

daviddi92

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V Blackwing
Hi Guys,

Just seeing if anyone has gotten their CT4V blackwing PPF'd and what panels did you get done?

Folks with the higher miles, have you learned of higher ding and chip problem areas?

Lastly, what's everyone paying?

Thanks,
David

I haven't put any on mine and have about 27k with 4 track days but my car is also black so I don't see chips in the bumper. The big one is the hood as I have 5 small chips in it. I have 1 small chip in the A piller and 1 small chip on a the lower passenger front door. I have no chips directly behind the wheels so the factory and Amazon guards are working there.

I would personally do the hood and front bumper only if I was going to spend the money based on what I've seen so far. You should be able to get those 2 items done for under $2k. I don't keep my cars more than 3 years so I don't spend the money on PPF.

Hood, bumper, fenders, mirrors, side rocker below doors and rear wing/spoiler.

Should be well protected from any damage with this.

I haven't put any on mine and have about 27k with 4 track days but my car is also black so I don't see chips in the bumper. The big one is the hood as I have 5 small chips in it. I have 1 small chip in the A piller and 1 small chip on a the lower passenger front door. I have no chips directly behind the wheels so the factory and Amazon guards are working there.

I would personally do the hood and front bumper only if I was going to spend the money based on what I've seen so far. You should be able to get those 2 items done for under $2k. I don't keep my cars more than 3 years so I don't spend the money on PPF.

Do you have a link to the amazon guards?

My car is white and main concern is chips from track days.

Thanks for the link. Do you have any pictures how they look? I'm guessing they fit the blackwing no problem even though it says they're for a ct4?

Thanks for the link. Do you have any pictures how they look? I'm guessing they fit the blackwing no problem even though it says they're for a ct4?

I posted some pictures last year. If you search my name you should be able find them. Another individual posted some pictures as well some time last year.

I have full front, mirrors and lower door/rear quarter panels PPFd. It's done it's job.

Beware that the front splash guards/etc. won't fit if you have the CF side skirts as they interfere with mounting points.

Did the front half and mirrors. I think I'm going to get the rear quarters done as well since that's been an area I've smacked a few cones. No damage so far but I know it's just a matter of time before there's a scratch. Funny thing the rear just seems to step out on its own like it wants to commit cone genocide haha!

I did the bumper. If I could go back, I also would have done the hood and the mirror caps, and maybe right near the bumper/decklid. It's definitely worth it, I wish I got it done at delivery.

Full car STEK PPF, including all trim and lights (I have OCD issues.) Just over $10k. Glass is not protected on the outside, but full tint as well (another $1k.) 10yr warranty.

Attachments

• IMG_2343.jpeg
    IMG_2343.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2346.jpeg
    IMG_2346.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2344.jpeg
    IMG_2344.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 123
On my 4BW I have PPF on the front bumper, headlights, hood, and mirrors. Seems to be working well after 13k miles. I did hit a piece of scrap metal on the highway which put a cut in the PPF at the base of the front bumper, a small scuff in the PPF where it flipped up and hit the hood, then it slid up the hood with no apparent damage. Then it flipped over the windshield, scuffed the roof (buffed out) and put a deep scratch in the rear spoiler. So to make the car perfect again I would need to replce the hood PPF and get a new spoiler. My car is my DD so I'm not that anal.

I PPF'd my previous car and learned that it attracts dust and dirt on windy days (static). I live in an agricultural area that's always windy, so after about 3 days, the car looked like crap again.

I PPF'd my previous car and learned that it attracts dust and dirt on windy days (static). I live in an agricultural area that's always windy, so after about 3 days, the car looked like crap again.
You have to put either a sealant or, a ceramic coating over it.

My Rift metallic is fully PPF'd (all painted areas + headlights and taillights). Currently getting some repairs done at a body shop and will need to re-do the front bumper, passenger fender, and door for $1800.. after waiting 30 days for the paint to cure properly. Sucks not being able to drive it until mid-Oct.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back