Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ct4v blackwing paint issues.

Gm is offering up to $12,000 to repaint the car :(.
Now the real question is, Are you going to do it ?? I think I would being a numbered car and at that price should be a great paint job.

Now the real question is, Are you going to do it ?? I think I would being a numbered car and at that price should be a great paint job.
They want me to get 3 bodyshop opinion's and estimate's ,also if i want i can get a 6 year 100k mile extended warranty and the car paint corrected to see if it fixes it.

They want me to get 3 bodyshop opinion's and estimate's ,also if i want i can get a 6 year 100k mile extended warranty and the car paint corrected to see if it fixes it.
Push them for the 10 year 100k. That's what I pushed for because they tacked on 10k adm so I pushed and got it so it covered some of the adm.
You just have to keep pissing on their leg enough.

My dealer received the car a week ago and said there were scratches on the front of the car and chips on the passenger side splitter.

“From a distance you would never have picked up on it. But when you got up close to the bumper you would see the scratches. The man working on this restores classic cars. (You should see the stuff he has in his shop!) he is refinishing the bumper completely.
There was a chip in the splitter on the passenger side. That is being replaced. We also found two small chips in the lower portion of the grill; we are replacing that as well.
My guess is that some sand or pebbles were kicked up when this car was on the transport and hit the front bumper. It’s that kind of stuff. But it takes time to make it right.”

it’s been a week and still no news. So annoying!

My dealer received the car a week ago and said there were scratches on the front of the car and chips on the passenger side splitter.

“From a distance you would never have picked up on it. But when you got up close to the bumper you would see the scratches. The man working on this restores classic cars. (You should see the stuff he has in his shop!) he is refinishing the bumper completely.
There was a chip in the splitter on the passenger side. That is being replaced. We also found two small chips in the lower portion of the grill; we are replacing that as well.
My guess is that some sand or pebbles were kicked up when this car was on the transport and hit the front bumper. It’s that kind of stuff. But it takes time to make it right.”

it’s been a week and still no news. So annoying!
Should I be pushing for $? The more I think about it, the more This feels like a fair bit of work

uh... I have a feeling I am going to need to allocate a couple of hours at pickup for paint inspection. if i cause paint issues with the car, that's one thing... but coming from the factory? really?

and what sucks is that if this happens to a tintcoat, I am toast... already happened on my Shelby. and god forbid it happens to anyone with emerald frost... never be able to correct it.
Definitely inspect the paint, look closely.

here are the black specks o my electric blue
AD609537-D8B9-4B6C-A392-EFA8299C4287.jpeg

I took the car to a few paint shops and then a few detail shops ,They are thinking that the paint is fine , and its hydraulic fluid from the ramps on the transport that was leaking and spayed fluid on the car on the way to the dealer, one detail shop did a test panel and the spots came out. i was quoted 14 hours for a full paint correction on the whole car , price is $2250 i forward the findings to gm and hoping that they will cover the cost on the detail ,atleast i'am happy that i don't have to get the car repainted.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners