Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ct4v blackwing paint issues.

loudmofo

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V BLACKWING
Anyone have issues with the quality of the cars finish and clear coat, my car have clearcoat blemishes all over it, also have a small dent on fender and 2 circle marks In rear bumper.

Attachments

• 20210908_173559.jpg
    20210908_173559.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 223
  • 20210908_172229.jpg
    20210908_172229.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 225
  • 20210908_172711.jpg
    20210908_172711.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 222
Yikes, that circular blemish isn't normal under any circumstance. Was it there at delivery or did it happen after?

My car is black so it would show flaws readily and thankfully other than a few fine scratches from somebody washing the car prior to delivery mine is fine (at dealer today getting full ceramic coat and then PPF from A-pillar forward (door cups and lower sill already done by the dealer before delivery )

A few more pics
Yikes, that circular blemish isn't normal under any circumstance. Was it there at delivery or did it happen after?

My car is black so it would show flaws readily and thankfully other than a few fine scratches from somebody washing the car prior to delivery mine is fine (at dealer today getting full ceramic coat and then PPF from A-pillar forward (door cups and lower sill already done by the dealer before delivery )
I just got it yesterday the dealer dropped it off at my house the clear coat seems like it has fish eyes in it.

Attachments

• 20210908_175408.jpg
    20210908_175408.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 172
  • 20210908_175419.jpg
    20210908_175419.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 175
  • 20210908_175339.jpg
    20210908_175339.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 190
What did the dealer say, surely they would have seen this doing PDI?

Its not a dealer issue its a gm issue ,so they going to contact gm they said they mite have to do a full paint correction and hope it fixes it.
Exactly, how does this get past Quality?

It's probably not quite that straightforward (e.g., dent or bumper damage might need to be noted by the dealer on delivery from GM else they may have inherited the issue) but from a customer perspective, just let the dealer handle it.

It's probably not quite that straightforward (e.g., dent or bumper damage might need to be noted by the dealer on delivery from GM else they may have inherited the issue) but from a customer perspective, just let the dealer handle it.
with the color of the car it took me 10 mins to find the dent and the rear bumper issue, the paint is also hard to pick up in the sun ,i missed it when i first looked at the car in person, i been having a issue with the dmv so the dealer kept the car for 3 weeks and dropped it off last night.

with the color of the car it took me 10 mins to find the dent and the rear bumper issue, the paint is also hard to pick up in the sun ,i missed it when i first looked at the car in person, i been having a issue with the dmv so the dealer kept the car for 3 weeks and dropped it off last night.
3 weeks? Like I said, unless the dealer noted it (excluding the paint defect) on delivery, good chance they'll have to cover the dent and bumper issue.

3 weeks? Like I said, unless the dealer noted it (excluding the paint defect) on delivery, good chance they'll have to cover the dent and bumper issue.
Im 99.9% sure the bumper issue was there from factory, looks like from the mold that it was made on ,it was painted over the circles ,the dent also looks like it was there.

Mine is at detailer now. Black raven. Upon giving her the first wash a few minor scratches and some areas where dirt was brushed by a leg or something and again minor scratches. All very minor and paint corrected to remove. Detailer said no issues

Mine is at detailer now. Black raven. Upon giving her the first wash a few minor scratches and some areas where dirt was brushed by a leg or something and again minor scratches. All very minor and paint corrected to remove. Detailer said no issues
I wish that was my issue there is trash in the paint and clear coat seems like its chipping.

Mine has been at the detailer for 6 business days and I don't believe that they've even started on it yet. This thread has me nervous. I'll report any findings.

I had one very small "fish eye" on my rear passenger door that my detailer found but if you are not looking for it you can't really see it....I just let it slide...

Wasn't going to post this but my bumper has two weird circles on the left side and a small dent on fender.

Attachments

• 20210908_173559.jpg
    20210908_173559.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 159
  • 20210908_173450.jpg
    20210908_173450.jpg
    811 KB · Views: 169
There's a good deal of orange peel on my 5BW trunk lid. Didn't notice it until Monday when it was in proper lighting with a decent reflection that showed it quite clearly. The rest of the paint is largely fine except for the occasional swirls from dealer wash, some iron spots, and a small area on the right front fender that the someone likely rubbed against with jeans or something rough. Going to the detailer next week for correction and ceramic coating.

Mine has been at the detailer for 6 business days and I don't believe that they've even started on it yet. This thread has me nervous. I'll report any findings.
I'm relieved to report that the detailer has already cleaned and inspected my car and stated that they did not notice any glaring issues and that any paint defects seem to be at a minimum and are adequately fixable. 😓

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back