Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Blackwing vs CT5-V Blackwing

I checked out the Lightning Lap videos for the CT4 and CT5, from the start of the lap through T16.

The CT4 carried more speed through every slow corner except Oak Tree, where the two cars tied. The slow speed corner delta was 1-to-4 mph in favor of the CT4. The CT5 was faster on the straights - a lot faster. Speed deltas in the short chutes between corners were 3-6 mph in favor of the CT5; on the longer straights the CT5 was 12-16 mph faster.

It looks like the CT5's speed in the short chutes is all by itself enough to offset the slower cornering speed. In the twisty bit of the track from the final marker for T1 through the turn in for T5, the CT5 was about 0.25 seconds faster despite being slower in every corner (the CT4 did that section in 29.53; CT5 in 29.26). And then on the straights the CT5 just piled the hurt on.

The CT5 looked like it was more work to drive. At the end of the back straight while turning in for T13, the driver was literally begging the car to slow down.

WHERECT4CT5CT4 minus CT5
Vmin T146451
Vmin T363612
Vmin T447461
Vmin T5a70673
Vmin T1090873
Vmin Oak Tree44440
Vmin T1339354
Vmin T15a-b52484
Vmin T1644431

WHERECT4CT5CT4 minus CT5
Start/Finish134146-12
Vmax T1 - T398101-3
Vmax T3 - T48891-3
Bridge118131-13
Vmax Back Straight134150-16
Vmax T13 - T15106112-6
That’s what I was looking for! Thanks so much!

A CT4 with another 100whp will be the sweet spot lol

It would be faster. But would be be better?

I guess it depends on how it makes that power. As much as I'd love to hear the wail of a naturally-aspirated flat-plane V8, the V8 would be heavier and would not tuck behind the front axle centerline like the V6 does. The car would feel different.

Lop a few hundred pounds off the curb weight, though ...

That’s what I was looking for! Thanks so much!

Thanks for asking the question. It made me curious.

Now, we have to dig up the stats for The Streets of Willow and The Horse Thief Mile, lol!!

It would be faster. But would be be better?

I guess it depends on how it makes that power. As much as I'd love to hear the wail of a naturally-aspirated flat-plane V8, the V8 would be heavier and would not tuck behind the front axle centerline like the V6 does. The car would feel different.

Lop a few hundred pounds off the curb weight, though ...

I think a better comparison would be a 93oct tune and DPs. Ya, you lose your engine warranty but from a price perspective you're only into it for around 2.5k in this platform. The hp advantage of the 5 over the 4 is roughly 190whp and the tune would cut that in half. To bad this engine wasn't to the caliber of the s58 as you'd be 30-40whp more than a 5.

I bought a 4 as I await a (hopefully) 2023 5. I want the low end grunt of the V8. The numbers on the 4 are impressive, and it is a fun, nimble car to drive. But the one I want to keep forever is the 5.

A CT4 with another 100whp will be the sweet spot lol
THIS...after owning both, I absolutely love how nimble the 4 is compared to the 5. But you cant beat that power on the 5. If you can get the 4 to about 500-550whp, I think that would be the sweet spot of the car. ~400whp is a little boring for the car. Maybe if they did drop a LT1 on it so you have the low end grunt, that would be another option. I love how you can point this car and it just turns and just instills confidence around a corner.

With the Tap Out DP's and a Trifecta ECU another +50 WHP should be a very real possibility. And it will sound the part.

Last edited:
I know we are talking about Road Course, but I am almost certain the BW4 will be the better AutoX car. Lighter weight overall, less weight on the nose, slightly smaller dimensions, all mean AutoX goodness.

I know we are talking about Road Course, but I am almost certain the BW4 will be the better AutoX car. Lighter weight overall, less weight on the nose, slightly smaller dimensions, all mean AutoX goodness.
I will let you know in September when I go back to spring mountain to drive the 4.... @soulsea beat me like a drum in the 5...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back