Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V CT4-V Blackwing Track Edition Wish List

Cadillac CT4-V model
@Throat Yogurt Can you please share how you came up with your $4,000 figure?
I went on the Cadillac website and built a 4BW with all the options that the track package comes with, then compared the price to the base price + $19,200 as stated for the rift or electric blue track packages. I didn't price out the noir frost package because that color isn't currently in the builder.

So, building a Rift 4BW manual with all the options listed in the package comes to $75,040.
A base 4BW + $1,395 destination + $19,200 = $79,590

So I really should have said $4,500. :boogie

Last edited:
But the carbon backed seats are offered nowhere else in the lineup. That's gotta be what, $2500'ish?

I went on the Cadillac website and built a 4BW with all the options that the track package comes with, then compared the price to the base price + $19,200 as stated for the rift or electric blue track packages. I didn't price out the noir frost package because that color isn't currently in the builder.
Thanks, aren't those 2022 prices? How'd you price the new interior with carbon fiber seat backs?

that 8090 includes the change to upgraded seats. subtract the upgraded seats with alcantara back price to get the price of just the carbon back option
I don't think that quite works. The leather is nicer on the top tier seats as well.

But the carbon backed seats are offered nowhere else in the lineup. That's gotta be what, $2500'ish?
GM charged 3k on the 2022 model to get carbon backs and upgraded premium leather for front and back seats.

that 8090 includes the change to upgraded seats. subtract the upgraded seats with alcantara back price to get the price of just the carbon back option
Unless they changed it for 2023, the mid tier seat option still uses the mid tier leather.

I don't think that quite works. The leather is nicer on the top tier seats as well.
On a 2023 5, the difference between the mid tier and the upper tier is $2,900 which would include both the upgraded leather as well as the carbon fiber seat backs.

Regardless, this gives new meaning to sticker price of a vehicle or should I say sticker shock or maybe I should just say I can't believe that, "We talkin' 'bout stickers? This is supposed to be the track edition of the best sports sedan and we're talking about stickers C'mon man, we talking about stickers,... not paint, not paint..but stickers!"🤣

Iverson's "We talkin' about practice" rant.
Did some reading about this:

The other part few remember from the practice rant is the raw and lingering wound Iverson still suffered from the death of his best friend. ...

The 2014 documentary "Iverson" explores this dimension.

"Nobody looks at the whole comment Allen made," Scoop Jackson says in the film. "He was talking about his boy dying ... [The media] would not play that full track."

In truth, minutes after he jokes about practice, Iverson becomes more serious and vulnerable.

"I'm upset for one reason: 'Cause I'm in here. I lost. I lost my best friend. I lost him, and I lost this year. Everything is just going downhill for me, as far as just that. You know, as far as my life. And then I'm dealing with this. ... My best friend is dead. Dead. And we lost. And this is what I have to go through for the rest of the summer until the season is all over again."

SOURCE: The little-known story behind Iverson's 'practice' rant

Interesting that there was really no backlash to the 120th Anniversary 5 BW for 2023 which seems to underdeliver for the price of that package.

Interesting that there was really no backlash to the 120th Anniversary 5 BW for 2023 which seems to underdeliver for the price of that package.

Because the 5BW is the anointed one.

Plus it's named the Anniversary edition, which you usually expect a bunch of badge nonsense celebrating an anniversary..

With a name like "Track Edition" you expect actual performance upgrades. I can't think of another car with the name Track in it that doesn't have any performance upgrades.

Also for the 5BW they didn't tease it like they did with the 4BW Track edition.

Teasing this as a Track Edition is like your girlfriend teasing you that for Valentines day that you get to put it in her butt, and then finding out on the big day that she just put a butt shaped sticker where the vag is.

Because the 5BW is the anointed one.

Plus it's named the Anniversary edition, which you usually expect a bunch of badge nonsense celebrating an anniversary..

With a name like "Track Edition" you expect actual performance upgrades. I can't think of another car with the name Track in it that doesn't have any performance upgrades.

Also for the 5BW they didn't tease it like they did with the 4BW Track edition.

Teasing this as a Track Edition is like your girlfriend teasing you that for Valentines day that you get to put it in her butt, and then finding out on the big day that she just put a butt shaped sticker where the vag is.

'Anniversary' just screams let us rip you off with a special numbered badge and a polo shirt.
'Track' means with did some jiggery pokery with the innards or at the very least put on some light-weight wheels and sticky tires.

It's about expectations :)

Edit: oof, I missed a couple posts, ya so mine is the afternoon buffet show for seniors and kids, while the other one is 10pm 21+ :oops:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back