Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Crickets

jdpeake

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Hear that? Oh yeah, me too…..it’s July, where is the rush of information? Come on, feed us! We are starving for real world reviews, hot laps, and updated performance numbers. Or information on the actual builds and realtime viewing of the cars as they are put together. My only guess is they’re waiting for build day - otherwise makes not much sense. ( any chance this kicks things off )

Last edited:
I don’t want things to get going until after the 500 are delivered. The quieter it keeps the better chances our dealers will keep their words and sell our cars to us at MSRP.

Would save me $70'000 if they did decide to price gouge lol, though it would upset me that they'd basically be taking it as an allocation and selling it to someone else easily with the markup.

Would save me $70'000 if they did decide to price gouge lol, though it would upset me that they'd basically be taking it as an allocation and selling it to someone else easily with the markup.

Yeah, I straight up told my dealer that I fully expected to pay MSRP, but I was walking out if they tried to go above. They claim the additional deposit I put down with the actual order is nonrefundable, but MA law doesn't favor them on that front, so good luck to them if they want to go there. I don't think it will come to that, and I certainly hope it doesn't, but I have no intention of getting screwed on a car, no matter how much I want it. It seems like Cadillac has been pretty good about the first 500 so far--they aren't allocations, and we own the reservations, so I wouldn't be surprised if we could call the concierge and get it moved to another dealership right up until delivery. I don't think they want that kind of egg on their face.

Yeah, I straight up told my dealer that I fully expected to pay MSRP, but I was walking out if they tried to go above. They claim the additional deposit I put down with the actual order is nonrefundable, but MA law doesn't favor them on that front, so good luck to them if they want to go there. I don't think it will come to that, and I certainly hope it doesn't, but I have no intention of getting screwed on a car, no matter how much I want it. It seems like Cadillac has been pretty good about the first 500 so far--they aren't allocations, and we own the reservations, so I wouldn't be surprised if we could call the concierge and get it moved to another dealership right up until delivery. I don't think they want that kind of egg on their face.
It’s post delivery that things may get interesting.

Refuse delivery, call concierge and get it flipped to another dealership that's willing to play ball. Then watch your original dealership go shocked-Pikachu-face when they lose the $$$. Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered.
love that quote!

Have not seen ANY news re: CT5-V Blackwing in a while .... anyone have anything new?

Haven’t seen anything yet this week. Hopefully today now that more people are back to work.

So, just saw this tweet reply by Cadillac… Waitlist is at capacity? Is that just because dealer allocations are what’s coming next?
6195A217-7E39-4E6A-BB3B-89B1D8E471B0.jpg

They cut the waitlist off on their site a long time ago. The big question, for those who weren’t in the 1st 500, is how the waitlist is going to work in conjunction with dealer allocations.

They cut the waitlist off on their site a long time ago. The big question, for those who weren’t in the 1st 500, is how the waitlist is going to work in conjunction with dealer allocations.
I guess I didn’t fully understand what the non 250 people have been talking about until I saw that and it clicked.

I always interpreted the wait list as an ability to be contacted by Cadillac should someone fall off the first 250. So if you tried to purchase one of the first 250, but didn't manage to get it on time, you signed up for the wait list. If 5 people decided to cancel their original 250, 5 people from the wait list will be contacted and asked for their deposit, dealer, etc. and they will now be part of the 250.

Once the 250 is delivered though, it's all up to dealer allocations at that point and the waitlist does nothing. The waitlist is only trying to get you as part of the initial 250.

Not defending Cadillac, as there are lots that they could have done better. However, that's how I understood the waitlist to work. I was lucky enough to be one of the first 250, but otherwise I would have signed up for the waitlist but also tried to get on a few different dealers list to get an order placed and accepted.

I have three orders in gm workbench at three different dealers and my name on a waitlist at numerous caddy dealers No way in my mind they are just building 250 5’s…. If thats the case announce it and i will buy another freakin car

My dealer, Taylor Motors, Redding, CA 530-410-6816 received an unexpected allocation on a CT5V Blackwing, which they accepted and their order accepted. It's in 3100 status. I believe it's Black, manual trans, sunroof, perf. seats and more. If interested, call Mark Paschen, Sales Manager. Tell him the CT4V Blackwing guy sent you! As of 2 hours ago, no one is on a wait list there. Seems like this kind of flys in the face of Cadillac's wait-list concept, but hey, someone not in the 250 might get lucky!

I have three orders in gm workbench at three different dealers and my name on a waitlist at numerous caddy dealers No way in my mind they are just building 250 5’s…. If thats the case announce it and i will buy another freakin car
There’s someone on this site with a TPW on a 5 who wasn’t 1 of the 250.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back