Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Crickets

For a limited run car where people reserved and ordered sight unseen and with very limited info available. I would have expected Cadillac to give us some more priority :)
Exactly but welcome to GM. In today's day and age we should be able to track everything our self's. Order a BMW or Porsche and you can track the entire process on your phone including up to and including what ship your car is on out there in the middle of the ocean.

Exactly but welcome to GM. In today's day and age we should be able to track everything our self's. Order a BMW or Porsche and you can track the entire process on your phone including up to and including what ship your car is on out there in the middle of the ocean.
You can track the order AFTER its built with Porsche or while its being built? Trying to understand vs. assume because internet said so...

You can track the order AFTER its built with Porsche or while its being built? Trying to understand vs. assume because internet said so...
My understanding is that, when it works, you can track from the point of order creation to delivery. In some cases they have installed cameras to snap a picture of your car on the line.

Porsche press release

Thats really cool tx for the link. I see it says tracking through 14 steps, any idea what those are? The camera on line is cool, awesome idea.

My understanding is that, when it works, you can track from the point of order creation to delivery. In some cases they have installed cameras to snap a picture of your car on the line.

Porsche press release
Yes that is exactly correct for Porsche. And not just a 911 Turbo or Taycan, but any Porsche even the base models. Pics are super cool, your actuall car being built on the line. Works very similar with BMW, all models are track-able, not just flagship (Blackwing) models. Past time for GM to step up their game on this front.

Having bought a BMW in the past (and watching my dad's over the past few weeks since he resorted to an M3 after the waitlist fiasco for the 5 BW) you can track online from the date of order through the entire process, though the automated system is usually a few days behind. Also, this thing about the dealer not knowing anything is distinctly GM: BMW dealers can tell you exactly what to expect, and will shoot you an email with what boat your car is on so you can track it. My experience with Audi was similar as well. Everyone on here saying to chill out, this is normal, seems to have a list of prior cars made up exclusively of GM products. There's a reason the American brands have lost out over the years, the customer experience just isn't there anymore.

From Anonymous source:

First ride, first impressions of the CT4-V Blackwing

The comfort of the new Recaro seats is better (also have thigh support like the V2 seats had) and the interior itself is just all around better. Alcantara finally on the a-pillars and headliner. Most importantly a digital gauge cluster very much like the current V3. 1 surprise item, the front floormats had a brushed aluminum V emblem and they fit great in my ATS-V 🙂. More headroom in the backseat and the front felt about the same. I’m in love with the new Sky Cool Gray interior.
The car sounds better in my opinion. Better idle sound and definitely a nice lingering burble when getting off heavy acceleration. The boost gauge showed a max of 13 during our drive and he said he thought he had seen 15 previously. My car is a Manual and I’ve never ridden in an automatic. The 10spd automatic transmission shifted and felt great in the car. I didn’t drive the car but seat of the pants I thought my Manual Coupe felt faster, but again I’ve only driven a Manual and never road in an 8spd automatic or 10spd automatic. The new equal length centered air box definitely looks like it attaches to the turbos the same way, but I’m not sure how you would attach it to the front support of an ATS-V and it has a tube for each side running forward toward the grill for cooler air. Probably the most noticeable thing about the car was the suspension. I’ve had V2 and ATS-V with the adjustable magnetic ride control. This is the first car I’ve been in where I could definitely tell a change in each ride setting.

Last edited:
Having bought a BMW in the past (and watching my dad's over the past few weeks since he resorted to an M3 after the waitlist fiasco for the 5 BW) you can track online from the date of order through the entire process, though the automated system is usually a few days behind.
Maybe it’s just me or my area but I’ve reached out to 2 local BMW dealers over the past week to inquire about ordering an M5. Neither one has gotten back to me. Business must be good…

a quick correction, the new seats are NOT Recaro.

Maybe it’s just me or my area but I’ve reached out to 2 local BMW dealers over the past week to inquire about ordering an M5. Neither one has gotten back to me. Business must be good…
Business is outstanding right now for anything cool and fun. Trying to find a M3, M4, M5 a Porsche 911, Audi RS6 wagon is really tough right now. Plus they are busy selling 3 series, 5 series, X3, X4, X5 , cayman, boxter etc almost as soon as they roll of the truck. Ad in the fact that the banks are financing EVERYBODY as long as you have a pulse, regardless of credit. Definitely keeping dealers busy. Heck Dodge Challenger sales were up something like 48% in the second quarter of this year. Never seen anything like it in my life before. Waaaaay more buyers out there than cars, bikes, boats, motorhomes etc right now.

Seems unlikely that I'm going to get my car built...

Has Cadillac stated if this will be a single year run, or that they going to offer the BW line next year?

Seems unlikely that I'm going to get my car built...

Has Cadillac stated if this will be a single year run, or that they going to offer the BW line next year?
Its not a single year and stay positive, its not as bad as you think...

Its not a single year and stay positive, its not as bad as you think...
That's good to know. Hopefully, I win a lottery this year so that I can add CT5-BW to the collection :)

Not as bad as i think? My build is on workbench at at least two volume dealers and still no allocations handed out…. This ship is sinking
It ll be ok man especially after seeing you went to Sewell. Nothing is sinking yet I am sure, I remeber after the reveal event my phone lit up for days with "oh I didnt make it nooooo!!!" And this week I am getting a lot of "got my tbw!". Just stay positive and hang on a bit more.

I’m staying the course and remaining patient. You guys are making it difficult, though! Until then, I’ll enjoy the freedom of not worrying about where I park my 2007 XC90. 😎

It ll be ok man especially after seeing you went to Sewell. Nothing is sinking yet I am sure, I remeber after the reveal event my phone lit up for days with "oh I didnt make it nooooo!!!" And this week I am getting a lot of "got my tbw!". Just stay positive and hang on a bit more.
Thanks mirza Ill try….. sold my 2019 z06 for this car so feel the need for speed….

Thanks mirza Ill try….. sold my 2019 z06 for this car so feel the need for speed….
Oh man mighty car. You ll enjoy your CT5!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back