Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cold start exhaust modes?

MacGruber

Hi everybody. Is there a setting to adjust the volume of the exhaust on cold start for the CT5 Blackwing?

I would ideally like like a more quite cold start when leaving my house in the morning. If there is the ability to adjust the volume, could any body comment on whether it is a noticeable difference?

Thanks all for your comments.

Last edited:
Do you run in “MyMode” with the exhaust loud normally? I think that is what it is called

Switch over to Tour on shutdown and the car will start in Tour which in my car is the quietest setting. (I shutdown in MyMode foe the opposite reason - I like to rattle the house!)

I'm in the same boat, really not that interested in waking kids or annoying the neighbors. Can I set MyMode to Stealth? Shouldn't that be quieter than Tour? And to anyone with a car, does that make any noticeable difference?

Paynetrayneusedrollpicturepaynetraynerolledimagequotiaintbitchmadequot_d8eac6657e638d8975788e78a3629ad8_zps2jqyufyr.jpg

Folks, you're making this harder than need be. If you shut down in Tour or MyMode the car will start up in the same mode so just adjust one of them to the quietest setting and simply toggle to it after you park. Couldn't be easier. In my car, MyMode is maxed out minus PTM and V-mode is maxed with PTM in Sport. In the rare case I care about noise, I shut down in Tour or if I forget, push the start button without a foot on the gas to get to accessory mode and then toggle to Tour before starting the motor.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back