Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Glovebox Rattle FIX

Cadillac CT4-V model

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing 46-404
Sorry if this has been discussed before, just posting it here for posterity. I've been dealing with an insanely annoying rattle from the passenger side / glovebox area for a few months, reaching over while driving pushing on things, opening and closing the glovebox, anything I could think of to locate the rattle... no dice.

Finally my dumb ass Googled "ct4 v blackwing passenger side rattle", lo and behold this was the second result:
Literally a ten second fix. For those that don't have Reddit, there's a "lock" under the glovebox on the right side - I presume for the cabin air filter. It was unlocked and that was what created all the noise - just turned it 90 degrees and the sound went away. Whew.

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 9.45.36 AM.png

Sorry if this has been discussed before, just posting it here for posterity. I've been dealing with an insanely annoying rattle from the passenger side / glovebox area for a few months, reaching over while driving pushing on things, opening and closing the glovebox, anything I could think of to locate the rattle... no dice.

Finally my dumb ass Googled "ct4 v blackwing passenger side rattle", lo and behold this was the second result:
Literally a ten second fix. For those that don't have Reddit, there's a "lock" under the glovebox on the right side - I presume for the cabin air filter. It was unlocked and that was what created all the noise - just turned it 90 degrees and the sound went away. Whew.

View attachment 23724
Is that the only item holding in the glove box in order to access the cabin air filter?

Yeah, I saw this on reddit and gave it a shot. Unless mine quickly un-tightened itself, this didn't fix whatever mine was/ is.

I'm a bit rattle obsessed (usually for worse than for better), and I've learned that sound in cars has a crazy ability to travel. So other noises ID'd by forum members could be contributing to mine and making me think it was this one:
  • Rear door panels contacting inner door skin
  • camera/ rear view mirror surround
  • rear deck metallic sound

The last one I'm pretty sure is actually something in the rear deck but i haven't found a good way to silence it.

one of these days I'm going to start a "rattle thread" that catalogs every noise that people have found and fixed.

In one of the other threads, I saw frequent mentions of a 2k RPM buzz, especially with the exhaust opened up. Mine also suffers from this, and the sound seems to come from the center of the dash. Anyone figure it out?

Is that the only item holding in the glove box in order to access the cabin air filter?

Hey - not meaning to ignore this, I just don't know the answer. Lol.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back