Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Carbon fiber PN database.

No one cares about the V-Club so I was not going to let people that crap on the club have benefit of the post... I was also told not to cross post and this will be the last time I talk about this ever again....
For the record I never crapped on the v-club. Just saying.

Thanks @Ergoc5 for filling in the blanks, much appreciated.

I do not care what you do to your car so add all the CF you want..... This whole subject is a beat down and again I was just trying to help but in the future I will keep things to myself...

i think I am just lost here. Not quite sure why we shouldn’t add carbon. Is there an issue with that?

i think I am just lost here. Not quite sure why we shouldn’t add carbon. Is there an issue with that?

I think the idea is that if you only add downforce to the front or rear of the car it might upset the handling balance at speeds where the aero would come onto play.

It would be nice to know how much downforce each piece adds to get a sense of how much that effect is.

Currently I have the 5BW rear spoiler but I haven't installed my front lip and front wheel deflectors so right now I have a Frankencar , aka CF 0.5 package. I might hold off on installing the front stuff until I've taken it car to all the places I expect to be taking it routinely to see if the clearance for the splitter will be an issue.

If my car does a wheelie on the highway due to rear spoiler downforce only I'll report back if I survive.

jh6paz.gif

For the 5BW, if you buy and install the CF1 and CF2 pieces, it's the same as if you ordered from factory. For the 4BW, the dive planes need holes and brackets mounting so it won't be the same.

I think the idea is that if you only add downforce to the front or rear of the car it might upset the handling balance at speeds where the aero would come onto play.

It would be nice to know how much downforce each piece adds to get a sense of how much that effect is.

Currently I have the 5BW rear spoiler but I haven't installed my front lip and front wheel deflectors so right now I have a Frankencar , aka CF 0.5 package. I might hold off on installing the front stuff until I've taken it car to all the places I expect to be taking it routinely to see if the clearance for the splitter will be an issue.

If my car does a wheelie on the highway due to rear spoiler downforce only I'll report back if I survive.

For the 5BW, if you buy and install the CF1 and CF2 pieces, it's the same as if you ordered from factory. For the 4BW, the dive planes need holes and brackets mounting so it won't be the same.
For the 5 BW if you install the rear CF diffuser that requires modifying the rear bumper...I think someone on here or on the FB group did that.

Only thing I am not sure about is whether these pieces are needed with the CF splitter...Can people with 5V BW carbon splitter look underneath and check if those rubber front tire deflector pieces are different? It's #2 in the image. Thanks!
View attachment 12139
View attachment 12140
For what it's worth, my car (non CF, non CCB) doesn't even have these AT ALL. Dealer really has no idea if they should be on the car, or if they should have been in the trunk from the factory. I'm not sure what package these deflectors are part of.

For what it's worth, my car (non CF, non CCB) doesn't even have these AT ALL. Dealer really has no idea if they should be on the car, or if they should have been in the trunk from the factory. I'm not sure what package these deflectors are part of.
I installed the front splitter with those pieces in place...also verified with my dealer part dept that both have the same..my dealer did not install these ..but the dealer did not install any of the underneath aero ..these pieces were in my trunk.

Last edited:
I installed the front splitter with those pieces in place...also verified with me dealer part dept that both have the same
Great. When I went to a different GM dealer I showed them the manual and they can't even find the part to order. Cadillac is supposedly shipping me all the brake cooling parts I was missing, so hopefully these come in as well since I pointed out they were missing.

I installed the front splitter with those pieces in place...also verified with me dealer part dept that both have the same..my dealer did not install these ..but the dealer did not install any of the underneath aero ..these pieces were in my trunk.
I had those pieces in my trunk and have no idea what they are for or what to do with then. Should I put those on? Where can I find instructions for them?

The issue is aero balance. If you run just the splitter the car will be prone to oversteer at high speeds. This might be an issue in something like an emergency lane change on the highway. Spoiler only means it will tend to understeer at high speed which is generally safer than oversteer.

So some clarification from my parts guy....the first image is for a non-CF car and the second one is for a CF car. You can see that parts #13 and #14 and parts #28 and #29 are different. So the rubber tire deflectors for a non CF car are not used for a CF car. I am not sure if there is a difference for carbon ceramic vs non carbon ceramic brakes now.

Non Carbon Fiber Car
Non CF car.png

Carbon Fiber Car
CF Car.png

Worth nothing (for the 4BW at least) we're talking silly public road speeds (120mph+) to get a real impact from CF1 & 2. As at that speed (according to Cadillac) you get around 100 lbs difference between the base 4BW and the 4BW with CF. With it obviously increasing more from there.
And that real impact is ~1 sec a lap on an 'average circuit'. For races, track tests, the 'Ring, serious track rats, they are going to get the benefit of it for sure.

It's for MX-5 Miatas, but this is a good general explainer on adding bits for anyone interested:

Yeah I just changed the oil on my 5BW and those rubber things are on my non CF car. Looks like a lot of torq screws holding on the splitter. I was going to put the CF splitter on while I had her on ramps for the oil change but I discovered a lot more scraping on the underside than I expected so I might hold off for now.

Yeah I just changed the oil on my 5BW and those rubber things are on my non CF car. Looks like a lot of torq screws holding on the splitter. I was going to put the CF splitter on while I had her on ramps for the oil change but I discovered a lot more scraping on the underside than I expected so I might hold off for now.
TBH I've not read/watched everything on the 5 (I know I know) like the 4; however, the aero doesn't look as extreme on the 5. Did they talk about the total increase in downforce vs stock anywhere?
Neither car is pulling a Mark Weber with only the rear spoiler ofc, but was wondering.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back