Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cadillac Website Delivery Information

Magnetic Flux

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT5-V BW
In the chaos and lack of information that is the Goat Rodeo, can anyone explain the rhyme or reason for the "Delivery Dates" posted on the Cadillac website? I was hoping someone involved with the dealerships might be able to confirm/clarify how this information is populated. See specific example below.

Here is a snip of a general CT5V BW search on the Cadillac website indicating some cars with no delivery date and one with a specific date:
Screenshot 2023-08-30 160403.png

When you click on each individual car, the details on the page are different.

The McGuire Cadillac car has a listed delivery date of January 1970:
Screenshot 2023-08-30 160546.png

The Pine Belt Cadillac car matches the listed date of September 19:
Screenshot 2023-08-30 160628.png

And the Gold Coast Cadillac has no date provided at all:
Screenshot 2023-08-30 160442.png

I guess the main question is, WTH is with the January 1970 date? Does that get populated after the car reaches a specific event code or is that something that happens if the dealership doesn't enter specific information? Does having no date at all mean the car is bayed or on hold instead of in progress somehow?

It is a mystery that has been bugging me for weeks now...

Lol that is a programming thing... probably because it has a null date on it, there is a default date that is returned for the programming language that they are using...
That is my assumption, but then why do some have no information at all? I would assume that either the date showing up there is the actual date that is posted on the main search page and all the remaining cars should have no date posted or should all be listed as January 1970. But there is a combo of all the solutions... why!!? 🤪

I assumed that it was the same as the Estimated Delivery Date (EDD) that they used to provide us.

I assumed that it was the same as the Estimated Delivery Date (EDD) that they used to provide us.
Yea, I believe the cars with specific dates posted are ones that were given a specific EDD as you mention. The rest of the vehicles are just a mystery as to what is going on.

I'm guessing, but I bet the one that is listed as 1970 had a delivery date and then that date went away so now it's null. Their web site doesn't check for that condition and so we get the null date value. Given that they still haven't fixed the 4BW online configurator, I'm not surprised.

Additionally, I’ve seen cars listed as Available that are still In Transit. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back