Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cadillac Smart Driver and Privacy Concerns

Sorry if already mentioned, but if you are affected by this and live in California, go to consumer.risk.lexisnexis.com. as a CA resident you can easily submit a request to have your info deleted and fully opt out of selling personal information.

Tinfoil hats rejoice!

TL;dr: GM agrees to stop sharing data with LexisNexis and others.
It's progress. I think all TOS wording should have these kinds of things turned OFF by default and only allowed if you opt in (and not done surreptitiously by a salesperson on delivery).

Did anyone get their LN report and have it contain a shit load of incorrect data? I’m apparently associated with some Parish I’ve never heard of :LOL:
Yes, I did. Trying to figure out the dispute procedure to get the telematics removed and all the other incorrect information too.

Yes, I did. Trying to figure out the dispute procedure to get the telematics removed and all the other incorrect information too.
If you figure it out let me know. Apparently I'm all over a bunch of data websites too even though I've never used online dating in my life lol

I just received my LexiNexis report and I have over 100 entries of driving events on my Blackwing. I NEVER opted into this. Total crap that they sold this info. Im going to call and see about getting it removed

I just received my LexiNexis report and I have over 100 entries of driving events on my Blackwing. I NEVER opted into this. Total crap that they sold this info. Im going to call and see about getting it removed
Did you have to pay for it? I looked into and it wants me to pay for my own info/data. 🤬

If you figure it out let me know. Apparently I'm all over a bunch of data websites too even though I've never used online dating in my life lol
Look up a service called EasyOptOuts (not sure how the moderators would feel about me linking it directly). Sadly in the current state of the Internet and lack of privacy laws here in the US, your options are to pay a service to keep your information safe or do the very time consuming labor of opting yourself out of every data broker manually.

I just received my LexiNexis report as well and I have over 100 entries of driving events on my Blackwing. I did not opt into this, and when I called to have Onstar/smart driver turned off, they were unable to see where or when I opted into this data sharing. Really not thrilled with Cadillac's deceptive practice here.

Did you have any resolution on getting this info removed from LexiNexis?

Keep in mind that GM said they ceased the release of info to LexisNexis and Verisk and didn't say anyone else. You know there are others out there that use this info for all kinds of purposes and targeting ads. They should list all companies that they DO send data to.

Personally, I feel like the info that comes from your personally owned car is an extension of your personal information and should be treated like HIPAA (medical info). You should need to authorize use by anyone. Honestly, they should be paying you for this info. Manufacturers are freely taking information you generate and selling it. You don't make a dime. This does not seem right. Consumer protection laws need to catch up.

Keep in mind that GM said they ceased the release of info to LexisNexis and Verisk and didn't say anyone else. You know there are others out there that use this info for all kinds of purposes and targeting ads. They should list all companies that they DO send data to.

Personally, I feel like the info that comes from your personally owned car is an extension of your personal information and should be treated like HIPAA (medical info). You should need to authorize use by anyone. Honestly, they should be paying you for this info. Manufacturers are freely taking information you generate and selling it. You don't make a dime. This does not seem right. Consumer protection laws need to catch up.
I found this Link from GM that looks like may help with getting what info GM has on you and who they sent it to. I believe what GM is required to disclose depends on what state you are in.

Did you have any resolution on getting this info removed from LexiNexis?
They said they will allow me to dispute the telemetric info from GM and they will issue a written report within 30 days

I pulled my LN report and all I see is the usual credit checks and insurance reports, nothing on driving events.....did I pull the wrong report? 😆....I have basic OnStar but opted out of the Smart Driver thing

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back