Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Brake Dust is Terrible!

CT4 BW gets it too.
Thanks; I guess I should be getting something in the mail, or I'll just call SM. Went there for two Corvette owners' schools. Can't wait!

Thanks; I guess I should be getting something in the mail, or I'll just call SM. Went there for two Corvette owners' schools. Can't wait!
Wow, you should be very familiar with the place then.
I haven't been there, since the V2 Academy, a decade ago.
I hear the track has been expanded a-lot, since then (and it was already a huge track).

Also, Thumbs Up, for the Bolt in your Sig.
My 17 Bolt got returned last year and I was very tempted to lease a 22 Bolt.
No Brake Dust on Bolts ; )

Last edited:

Give Donna a call with your VIN, she will validate it with Cadillac and set you up. I have been to the Corvette school twice, can’t wait to go again.
I asked her about dates in the Spring, she didn’t have any firm dates yet.

That's so awesome!! How long did you run the car for? Are the tires shot?? I'd love to take my car to the track once I've done spring mountain, but I'm really scared about consumable costs, although as other members here suggested, I suppose I don't have to run too many laps.
The front left tire (clockwise track) was a tad worn on shoulder lol but not shot after 7-8 sessions 20 minutes. It was colder track weekend. I did not do the max track alignment so will do that next with the strut locator holes drilled/tapped out. Also I didnt go crazy on the car, its new and just wanted to get to know it. I didnt redline the heck out of it no reason to wasnt there to win anything and just wanted to have fun and come hone with a big smile. Thats what happened lol. Dont get me wrong, was still crazy fast and lots of folks came to ask or talk seeing a caddy badge in their rear view mirrors. Just all around amazing group of cars and people didnt have a single complaint.

MSU club or (team41trackdays) were new to me too and event was amazing. Elevated track day experience and they run a really good event. Will go with them again for sure.

I guess only bad part is I did run a deer carcuss over at 5am but a viper GTs cut it downfor me prior to that a bit so a bone scratched my underwing. I was in shear denial that all my carbon was gone. Luckily it was not. Made a pretty scary sound lol

I have about 1500 miles on my CT4VBW and the brake dust has been pretty bad. I started doing research on this forum and others trying to find a low dust street pad option. I have a C7 Grandsport that I put Powerstop pads on because the factory pads were too dusty for street use. On my vette I used powerstop Z26-1718's in the rear and Z26-1405's in the front. Several online sources have indicated that the same pads would work on the BW if you tie the pad sensors to the brake lines (disabling them). I put the powerstop pads on the other day and they did fit. My only negative observation is that the Z26-1718 pads do not sweep the full rear rotor of the BW. This annoyed me so I found Brembo pads (P11024N) which are low dust and fully sweep the rotor surface. Brembo does not advertise these as a CT4VBW option because you have to disable the electronic pad wear sensor. That said, the Brembo pads fit well and I am happy that I made this change.

Another observation on both my C7 vette, the C6 I had before it and the 4BW is that high dust pads wear out very quickly in low temperature street use. Based on the 1500 miles on my BW, and the wear I noticed when changing the pads, I am guessing the factory pads would be worn out at about 10,000 miles of street use. I read somewhere else online that track pads wear out very quickly in low temperature street use. I guess the material in the factory pads (and other track pads) is designed to last longer in a high temperature track environment, not so much on the street.

I guess you'll have to sell the car ! Dust on my 4VBW is way less than GT350R and Hellcat Widebody, actually its way less than any of the performance cars I have had including BMW and AMG.

Or put the factory pads or even something more aggressive back on for a track day. They are easy enough to change. The low dust pads are plenty capable for spirited street driving or carving up backroads.

Ceramic coating my wheels has made it more manageable for me, especially with black wheels. It will get dirty, but it is easier to clean.

The dust from these isn't too terrible at all. The ISF was the worst, but those brakes were fantastic. They definitely aren't worse than the other few cars I had with brembos.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back