Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Brake Dust is Terrible!

I am at Grattan, its around 55F saturday and gona be around 62 today. So far no issues with brakes, I am also not trying to find the limits yet lol so doing about 80-90% with it. Make sure you burnish brakes though!

Steve, you get free two day at spring mountain. Use it and you'll be comfortable.

I am at Grattan, its around 55F saturday and gona be around 62 today. So far no issues with brakes, I am also not trying to find the limits yet lol so doing about 80-90% with it. Make sure you burnish brakes though!

Steve, you get free two day at spring mountain. Use it and you'll be comfortable.
Thanks for the reply. I assume you only changed your brake fluid and that’s it?

I went to the smaller rotor shield in front. No need to take caliper off just remove rotor set screw move rotor out the way a tad and use a skinny wrench. On rear I removed the lower shield I did not put the deflector on. Its october and cool so didnt need that. Same thing no need to remove caliper just rotor set screw move rotor away a bit from hub and two bolts. Save 1 pound of car too lol.

Last edited:
Cool!
I hope your team nailed it with the brakes. It’s so hard to please so many people , driving different tracks and at different levels…and please the majority that only use the card for the street.
I wonder if the 380x34 rotors have directional vanes similar to AP / Girodisc / DBA
Can’t wait to track my 4BW!
Cheers!

I went to the smaller rotor shield in front. No need to take caliper off just remove rotor set screw move rotor out the way a tad and use a skinny wrench. On rear I removed the lower shield I did not put the deflector on. Its october and cool so didnt need that. Same thing no need to remove caliper just rotor set screw move rotor away a bit from hub and two bolts. Save 1 pound of car too lol.

Your at Grattan today? I've never seen the MSU car club show up before on the schedule there. Are they new to hosting events? I usually go to 3Balls events and generally in the past they were one of the last groups to run for the year. So that's who I thought you were running with today.

Cool!
I hope your team nailed it with the brakes. It’s so hard to please so many people , driving different tracks and at different levels…and please the majority that only use the card for the street.
I wonder if the 380x34 rotors have directional vanes similar to AP / Girodisc / DBA
Can’t wait to track my 4BW!
Cheers!
I'm sure the brakes on this car are fine. A lot of track worthy cars don't need rotor or caliper changes, they just need better fluid and a pad swap. You can't have a pad that does it all.

Guys I would like to reiterate that Cadillac offered a solution to this problem. Albeit an expensive one but at some level affording options has to stop mattering if Caddy is going to compete with the big boys. The carbon ceramic brakes don’t create hardly any dust. The calipers look amazing 24/7 with minimal cleaning.

Guys I would like to reiterate that Cadillac offered a solution to this problem. Albeit an expensive one but at some level affording options has to stop mattering if Caddy is going to compete with the big boys. The carbon ceramic brakes don’t create hardly any dust. The calipers look amazing 24/7 with minimal cleaning.
They don't create any dust during daily driving. If you track (or canyon run, AutoX, etc), they generate plenty of dust.

I am beyond speechless how awesome this car ran today.
That's so awesome!! How long did you run the car for? Are the tires shot?? I'd love to take my car to the track once I've done spring mountain, but I'm really scared about consumable costs, although as other members here suggested, I suppose I don't have to run too many laps.

I assume only CT5V BW owners get the Spring Mountain deal, correct?

That's so awesome!! How long did you run the car for? Are the tires shot?? I'd love to take my car to the track once I've done spring mountain, but I'm really scared about consumable costs, although as other members here suggested, I suppose I don't have to run too many laps.
+1 on Tire Wear question.
How bad is it?
Are the Front Shoulders getting roasted?
Especially if not running the "Track Alignment" settings?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back