Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Any front splitter scraping issues??? Please help!

willpowers

Hi Folks - I'm contemplating the purchase of CT5-V Blackwing but concerned about front-end clearance. I live in VERY hilly San Francisco and have had difficulty with some of my cars scraping the front splitter at the beginning of steep hills or getting into my garage. In fact, it's one of the reasons I no longer own a Charger Hellcat. So, my question is whether any of you have encountered any issues? Does the addition of the extended carbon front splitter make it any worse?

Thanks a million for any help or guidance on this topic!

Hi Folks - I'm contemplating the purchase of CT5-V Blackwing but concerned about front-end clearance. I live in VERY hilly San Francisco and have had difficulty with some of my cars scraping the front splitter at the beginning of steep hills or getting into my garage. In fact, it's one of the reasons I no longer own a Charger Hellcat. So, my question is whether any of you have encountered any issues? Does the addition of the extended carbon front splitter make it any worse?

Thanks a million for any help or guidance on this topic!
Owning a BW and living in San Fran would scare the crap out of me.....

Owning a BW and living in San Fran would scare the crap out of me.....

Fixed it for you ^

Jokes aside, splitter definitely makes a difference as it extends a meaningful amount as you mentioned. I think without a splitter you're probably ok, it's not that low of a car. I would definitely skip it.

Thanks. Trust me, I'm well aware of how to manage the scrapping with "angles". But when every return trip to your home involves 5-6 "angles", it gets old fast. I'll order without the CF splitter. Thanks.

Thanks. Trust me, I'm well aware of how to manage the scrapping with "angles". But when every return trip to your home involves 5-6 "angles", it gets old fast. I'll order without the CF splitter. Thanks.

Agreed, I'd definitely avoid the carbon splitter in San Fran. Otherwise every drive will involve a ton of cautious moments. Not worth it. I kinda like the more sleeper look of the non-CF cars too.

Keep in mind there are the plastic channels under the front that hang down another 1" to 1.5" below the body.

I'm just starting these discussions. The SF Bay Area Cadillac dealers are all terrible. It's my second biggest concern buying one of these machines...after the scraping!
I agree 100% the dealers are terrible !!! And scraping is always a concern I have but I only drive my BW5 on weekends and very careful going in and out of driveways. I've see when dealers servie your car, they take it out and never pay attention to the scraping and they always scrap the front splitter so when I take it in for service, I always tell them no one drives the car off of the lot. I do that with all my cars going in for service. They scraped my Vsport front and I made them replace it. Ever since then, no one takes them off the lot.

A Caddy dealer I will never go back to had to replace the front splitter on my VTXi package twice from the craptacular valet service they offered.
0eyjSkx.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners