Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

Thanks! I will share more pictures in one of the photo threads once I get it home.

I'm not sure what's going on with shipping for everyone else, but my dealer just received my 5BW today. It was built week of 10/23. Ordered on 8/15. I'll take the 3 month wait. I was #5 on my dealers list when I placed the order but I'm guessing some of the other orders were more picky on constrained options.

View attachment 22719View attachment 22720View attachment 22718

Midnight Steel Metallic is a fantastic color. Saw a 4BW at a dealer yesterday in Atlanta (Classic Cadillac of Atlanta | New & Used Dealership w/ Service). Was tempting (as a complement for my 5BW, not a replacement), but the sunroof is a deal breaker--takes away too much headroom. Gotta love GM ergonomics (not).

Dealer was old school. "What can I do to get you into this car today?" And "Take it for the weekend, see what you think." (I declined.)

Multiple BWs on the lot, both 4BWs and 5BWs. Most of them automatics, but two 4BWs with manuals at least. One of the salesmen even said something like, "Yeah, people call from all over for the manuals." But they still order automatics with sunroofs. Can't take the hint.

1699807202993.png

Last edited:
Current Constraints as of a week ago.

Any Exterior Carbon Parts
Sport Bucket Seats

What about if you do a 'carbon fiber seatback delete', then are the sport buckets still on constraint?
I had ordered from one dealer and they told me hard no on buckets as they were part of the constraint. Every dealer I have found with buckets do not have Carbon backing shells but have the suede instead, so I'd have to guess the carbons backing has been on constraint and now the seat is on constraint as well.

What about if you do a 'carbon fiber seatback delete', then are the sport buckets still on constraint?
My order was picked up and delivered with the natural tan seats and carbon seat back delete. FA9 is the option code for the seat back delete.

My order was picked up and delivered with the natural tan seats and carbon seat back delete. FA9 is the option code for the seat back delete.
Thank you, @Mutz. Confirming I DO have my order coded with the FA9 carbon seat back delete.

In the next 3 weeks I'll reach back out to my local dealer for status.

The black nameplates were constrained on mine too. The inventory mgr at the dealer I used was able to tell me what was constrained once they had an allocation.

I'm not sure what's going on with shipping for everyone else, but my dealer just received my 5BW today. It was built week of 10/23. Ordered on 8/15. I'll take the 3 month wait. I was #5 on my dealers list when I placed the order but I'm guessing some of the other orders were more picky on constrained options.

View attachment 22719View attachment 22720View attachment 22718
How many "Blackwing" badges did you get with car. My Sept. 22 build got none.

I have all three BW badges. I did try to get the black nameplates but those were constrained as of early sept when my order was accepted.

Well after 2+ years tomorrow has finally arrived for pick up 6 spd Sewell‘s Dallas
Then 3000 mile tour Baton Rouge,New Orleans, across Rt 10 then dipping south in Florida eventually home to NE PA keeping on eye on weather.

Attachments

• IMG_1823.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1822.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 104
Well after 2+ years tomorrow has finally arrived for pick up 6 spd Sewell‘s Dallas
Then 3000 mile tour Baton Rouge,New Orleans, across Rt 10 then dipping south in Florida eventually home to NE PA keeping on eye on weather.
Congrats man!!! The new car looks awesome. Good luck dodging the weather...hopefully you can thread the needle between the storms tomorrow and Friday!

Congrats man!!! The new car looks awesome. Good luck dodging the weather...hopefully you can thread the needle between the storms tomorrow and Friday!
Thanks should be a hell of journey! Hopefully I remember how to drive a manual again!😎. We’re going to take a couple weeks touring so no worries about these storm.

Yikes, I hope you can dodge the salt prep on the way home.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back